Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

What makes a cropsy change value?

dwb
dwb Posts: 115 Level 3
Where can I read the rules for what makes a cropsy increase or decrease in value. I know generally that grass give +1 and maybe when they drop that get plus 1. It is only the ones that are needing to be collected. But something about it I still don't get. There are times when I have two (or more) kinds of cropsies to collect and I can make one move to get two rows of three of both. I get to keep the increased value of one set but sometimes the other set, even though they were higher value when I moved, and both need to be collected, the second kind to disappear drops value back to no + bonus. This seems wrong. If I can see the numbers and I make a move to collect the bonus for all six cropsies, for three of them to lose their bonus points seems like a defect, isn't it? I kind of thought that if i collect only cropsies that are not needing to be collected that all bonuses disappear. However, I've done that a few times and bonuses might remain. I would really like to understand the rules so that I can play strategically, with less guessing what I will collect.

Comments

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,657 Candy Moderator
    Hello @dwb, Hope you are enjoying and having a nice time in the Community :) 

With regards to Cropsies -->  
    1) Yes, Grass gives them +1.  Also, when there are matches made next to the "needs to be collected" cropsies, their value keeps increasing -- whether they are placed in the grass or not!!  

2) Even they reach to their highest amount, which is +9, if we miss to collect those certain cropsies, those cropsies will loose their value and become normal.  Staying on the grass doesn't keep their amount.  I do not remember whether they become simple and plain cropsie or +1 stays!!  I will make sure about it and give you the update :+1: 

3) So, when your goal is to collect 2 or 3 different varieties of vegetables, I would suggest you to match the cropsies with large numbered goal.  For example, in some levels, we need to collect only 30 Water Drops but, we need 150 Carrots.  In such cases, it is always better to go with collecting those Carrots.  

4)  And let's say, there are Cropsies with large number (9+) but placed in where you cannot match with other cropsies, I would go with a Shovel OR Tractor Booster or sometimes, Color Collector -- depending on the hardness of the level and also how long I have been stuck on that level.  

I am sure I am missing some of your points.  Please let me know if I can be further assistance.  

Talk to you soon!  Have a great rest of the day/evening!

P.S:  There is a contest in Farm Heores to win 20 Gold Bars.  All you have to do is, win a Super Hard Level and post your screen shot in this below link =) 
    https://community.king.com/en/farm-heroes-saga/discussion/261442/yeehaw-pass-a-hard-level-and-win-gold-bars#Item_14

NOTE:  You do not have to gain 3 stars.  Even a single star is also fine :+1: 
  • dwb
    Thank you for some facts, but where are the rules published so I can read them completely? I still don't understand when cropsies lose their incremented value. You say "if we miss to collect those certain cropsies, those cropsies will loose their value and become normal." but it seems I've seen a plus number remain for several turns at a distance from where I am collecting.
  • PummyRaj
    Hey @dwb, Nice to you again :)  

Let me see if I can find that info for you :+1:  
  • dwb
    Have you found the rules on how cropsie bonuses increment and when they reset?
  • PummyRaj
    Hello @dwb, I am sorry to say that I could not find it yet!!  

I was looking for it but then I got busy with my personal commitments and hence, was very less on the Community!  I will have to go through many old posts and look for it, hence, it is taking a long time!!  
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,327 Pet Rescue Moderator
    @dwb the extra points on the crops only stay until the next move. So if you have multiple chances to get extra points, once you make a move, the rest go and need to be built up again. 
    As @PummyRaj said, always go for the highest points first. 

You can find some info in these sections here:

How to use shovels
    https://community.king.com/en/farm-heroes-saga/discussion/262152/a-superstar-guide-to-using-shovels#latest

A guide to boosters
    https://community.king.com/en/superstar-corner/discussion/246683/a-superstar-guide-to-farm-heroes-saga#latest

And a general guide to everything :)
    https://community.king.com/en/superstar-corner/discussion/246697/a-superstars-guide-to-farm-heroes-saga-blockers-and-obstacles-of-satisfaction#latest
  • dwb
    > extra points on the crops only stay until the next move

That does not seem correct. I have cropsies that are incremented e.g to 5 and if I match cropsies next to it on the next move the 5 increments to 6. I am not exactly sure how to kept the numbers that have incremented and/or increase them but it seems related to whether I match or move a collectable cropsie. Please keep looking for the official instructions on how this works. A reasonable strategy game publishes the rules. Otherwise, its just a game of luck and not as fun.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Correct. If you match cropsies next to a cropsie with a +2, it will increase to a +3. And if they happen to cascade, it could increase up to a +9. I have seen that before.
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,327 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Yes but it still only stays until you make another move @Rancid and @dwb

The only change in this is if you have cascading crops as Rancid said when the points will keep adding up until you make another move or in hero mode when you don't lose the points that are gathered and they will keep adding up.  
    I have an official King approved Superstars post listed above in the other post that explains all the game, but all the rules are given the very first time we play. If you are still not convinced I can make you a video showing but any video on youtube will show you this. That's why you have to be careful if you use the +1 booster. 

If you don't want to look at my link, you can see other King links here:

https://community.king.com/en/farm-heroes-saga/categories/how-to-play-fhs

They are also in the help sections on mobile devices. 
  • dwb

The How To Play collection does not describe cropsy increments. Please seek a strategy rules guide describing when they increment, what causes them to stay the same value from move to the next, and when they get reset..

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?