Word games with a difference

Spinnifix
Spinnifix Posts: 24,562 Sweet Legend
edited November 2019 in Discussions
I'll do it again, but in the normal discussion.

It was a suggestion - word games !!! Since not all can participate and because some have to translate. Would it be a coincidence in all countries to make a pun in one's own language? Certainly some would be pleased about that. Wines exception would be brestimmt times resisted. Or?

Would be too human !!!

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Yesterday I posted word games in the Fun Arena. Unfortunately, this was also removed. At the moment here in the pages much away one that one informs about it. Why? It is disrespectful. And it would include giving a comment with reason. I hate that and it's not human.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    When people start identical topics, one of them is normally closed as duplicates are apparently not allowed.

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,657 Community Manager
    @Spinnifix, the reason your comment got edited was because it was unsupported language. As the community is only available in English, we have to remove it.

• Spinnifix
    hi Guys I have had it a few times that I have posted it in English and it has been removed. Then it always means - unsupported language. Question: Are there 2 English languages? Then I would have to be informed. Sometimes it does not always work well with the translation, as you know. For me it is nonsense and you have boredom and just have to remove it. I have often seen that. It is not a duplicate either. Yesterday in soda my contribution in English was also removed. Had only the players answered. What is going on here. Again, if you remove stuff, please have a polite comment. That's easy. The players are demanding everything, but their employees do what they want. Where is that fair ???

I have put my text in the translator in English !!! That's all I can do!!! Please refer!!!
  • Spinnifix
    To my first comment with the puns was also ignored. Too bad. Maybe the players who are concerned have more to say about it. Would be nice and would be happy !!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Sometimes your translated posts are difficult to understand. But that is the fault of the translating service. Sometimes it comes through as German and I have even seen a mix of English and German. Would you like me to tag you whenever I see a post made by you that may need to be translated better?

• Spinnifix
    @Rancid

Hello Rancid

If I see in my notifications and put it in German, it comes half German and half English over. Question: What can I do for it? If the community was designed for any language, as it is everywhere and belongs, it would not be a problem. Only I am then the suffering. I write in the Translator, of course German - translated into English. Before I put it in the comment field, I check before, if a German word is there. In contrast, the community can do something that makes it all work properly.

Its not my mistake!!!

• [Deleted User]
    I know it is not your mistake. As I said in my previous post, that is the fault of the translating service. If there was abetter translator, then I would tell you and it would help others too. We should all keep trying and be patient as we all make mistakes.

• Spinnifix
    @Rancid

As I read you understood my text. Then everything is fine. I am one who sees it turned over. If the community were in German, you would have to translate. That would be the same problem. Only I would then have the advantage. I would have to make the right text out of the text to understand it. Unfortunately, it is so!!!!

kaos125gif
  • wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    edited December 2019
    @Spinnifix @Rancid

Hi! I hope you do not mind that I have been reading this conversation.

@Spinnifix I have a great respect for you. You use a translation service, and that takes additional time and effort! I appreciate that you do it. you are funny and helpful and kind. These things can be hard to put into words in any language. Yet I have seen you do it.

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to lose an entire post just because a few words are in German. I make errors all the time. I have to read my posts 3-5 times sometimes to make sure there are no errors. All I can suggest to you is that you read the posts using the PREVIEW button for German words. The PREVIEW will show you how it will show in the forum. If there is a word that will not translate, use another word until you find an English word that means the same thing. 

I agree that sometimes we can all be more compassionate about how difficult it is to communicate in a different language, even if we have a translation service. However, I have to say that reading everything you wrote, @Rancid, warmed my heart. I sincerely think you are a great example of someone who is not only compassionate, but also a leader in finding solutions. I have been a member here since at least March and this whole conversation amazed me. I am honored to be called an "expert" with you.  :)

I hope you both have a wonderful rest of your day.  <3

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?