Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

Word games with a difference

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    To put it in very simple terms:
    If I didn't want others reading what I posted, it would not be on the internet. Or it would have been in a private message. So of course I am happy for you (or anybody else with internet access) to read this. I was surprised that what I wrote meant so much to you. I saw that this was an unresolved problem. I thought that both sides of this story needed to be understood better. So clearly I have achieved my goal.

• [Deleted User]
    I did some research (that means I used Google) and the best translator from German to English is this one:
    But it translates from English to German very badly. Which translator do you use? Maybe you could try that one?

• wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    edited December 2019
    @Rancid

I guess I am easily moved by every day acts of kindness. It is always nice to see people treating each other with respect. You were being helpful in a unique way. I like to give credit where credit is due. It did mean a lot to me, but simple things often do. What else can I say? 🤷🏻‍♀️🙂

• [Deleted User]
    If there was more kindness in the world and less impatience, then less people would be injured or killed when driving on our roads. It's sad but true.
  • Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,597 Sweet Legend
    @wafercookieflippers

Hi! I'll answer yours first. Thank you for your kind and sincere contribution. I like it very much that you have lined up with you. I just wanted to say: we Germans write a lot of words. I also see that in Übersertzen. The English text is then very shrunken. We Germans have words with many meanings. This can be difficult for the reader. One also says: German language - heavy language. Maybe you've heard of it before! Unfortunately, it is so. That's why I can not just exchange the word it fits in English. Please understand it !!! Unfortunately, I am not an English teacher !!! Sorry
  • Spinnifix
    @Rancid

Hello Rancid. I have 2. Den - babelfish.de and Bing Translator. The Bing Translator translates immediately. I have to copy and paste the other one.

• Spinnifix
    @Rancid

Thank you. I've done it to myself once. I'll try it someday. I do not need English to German. Because that automatically makes Google Chrome. From the community page. Is always has to click on the sign above. Once for the original, so English and then translated into German. I hope you can follow me.
  • wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    I understand what you mean @Spinnifix. That is one of the beauties of languages--these meanings--and that is one reason why we have the phrase that "something is lost in translation." Again, I am happy and honestly impressed that you keep trying and succeeding at overcoming this language barrier. We all just have to keep going and trying our best to understand each other.

• Spinnifix
    @wafercookieflippers

Thank you. Unfortunately it is so and it is no different. It would be nice if you had to learn German for some reason. Then you would understand the whole better. It is really meant that way and not bad !!! I give my best. Sometimes at the reverse translation it comes back exactly as I wrote it. Unfortunately, it does not always work.

• [Deleted User]
    You are so right about things being lost in the translation. In Greek, there are five different words that all translate into English as the word "love". But they are all very different in their special ways.

Hi @Spinnifix
    I learnt some German in high school, but it wasn't very much and it was a long time ago. I have spent quite a long time working on several different brands of German cars. And some of the words describing some of the safety features can not be translated to English. Even some of the technicians that were born and trained in Germany have a bit of trouble with some of them.
    So I do understand what you mean.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?