Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

Game nor working on mobile android

Eva_PT
Eva_PT Posts: 12 Level 2
This is starting to be very frustrating.
I have two smartphones, both android. One is the Samsung galaxy s4 mini and the other is the samsung galaxy J5 2017. Both have updated apps and enough memory space since both have a sd card.
Here's the weird sitution. I use the mini one to play because I can't use to make calls anymore. So I used to play both Farm Heroes Saga and the Diamond Diaries Saga on that phone, even though I also installed the games on my my other phone (J5).
About 2 weeks ago Diamond Diaries Saga crashed on the s4 mini... I would click on the game, see the orange screen with King logo and immediatly says ""unfortunately, Diamond Diaries has stopped" and it crashes. 
So, I started playing the diamond saga on the J5 phone.
Yet I continued to play the Farm Heroes saga on the s4 mini.... until a few days ago when it also cashes with the same message.
What became even more strange is that now Diamond Diaries saga is also crashing my J5 phone.

What the hell is going on?

I've reported the issue befoe and done all the steps I was told to do... but nothing is working. 
https://community.king.com/en/diamond-diaries-saga/discussion/comment/501751
Can anyone help? Is anyone else having the same issue?

Thank you for you time
Eva

PS: Since is an issue with both games I post on both forums the same message. I'm sorry if I shouldn't do that!

Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Sorry to hear you're having this issue @Eva_PT😔

May I confirm if you have tried reinstalling the game app from both devices? This usually solves most issues although, you will lose any saved boosters and lives. 

Any progress on the mobile device that has not been synchronized with Facebook/King account at this stage will be lost.

However, all the progress that is currently saved on Facebook/King account can easily be retrieved, once you have reconnected the device successfully.

• Eva_PT
    QueenB said:
    Sorry to hear you're having this issue @Eva_PT😔

May I confirm if you have tried reinstalling the game app from both devices? This usually solves most issues although, you will lose any saved boosters and lives. 

Any progress on the mobile device that has not been synchronized with Facebook/King account at this stage will be lost.

However, all the progress that is currently saved on Facebook/King account can easily be retrieved, once you have reconnected the device successfully.

Hi!
    Yes I have tried that multiple times in fact. I tried eveything you mention in this post: https://community.king.com/en/blog/discussion/234676/is-your-game-crashing-on-an-android-device#latest

Again... nothing is working. What the hell?
    Thanks for the help.
  • QueenB
    So reinstalling the game did not help 😯😕

Have you by any chance tried clear the Google Play Store cache? 

First, delete the game app and then reset the settings in the Google Play Store app:

-Go to apps and find the app called 'Settings'
    -Locate the menu called 'Apps' or 'Application Manager' depending on the device model
    -Scroll down until you find the 'Google Play Store'
    -From here click on 'Clear cache' then 'Uninstall updates’ and finally 'Clear data'. Please notice that you will get a warning when clicking the 'Clear data' button - don't worry as it's just a reset.

Restart the device and download the game again. Then open the game and reconnect it to your Facebook or King account to get back your played levels and Gold Bars.

I'm hoping this does the trick 🤞🤞🤞
  • Eva_PT
    QueenB said:

First, delete the game app and then reset the settings in the Google Play Store app:

-Locate the menu called 'Apps' or 'Application Manager' depending on the device model
    -From here click on 'Clear cache' then 'Uninstall updates’ and finally 'Clear data'. Please notice that you will get a warning when clicking the 'Clear data' button - don't worry as it's just a reset.

Restart the device and download the game again. Then open the game and reconnect it to your Facebook or King account to get back your played levels and Gold Bars.

Just try that. Didn't wok either.
    so weird!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    QueenB said:

Hi @QueenB
    I have never heard of resetting anything via the Google Play Store App. Hopefully I will never need to do that, but it could be helpful to others one day.
  • QueenB
    Sorry to hear that did not help @Eva_PT 😕

We've exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps now so at this point, your only option is to try a completely different device or factory reset both your devices.

I've checked with the studio and there are no issues from our side so I'm afraid there is nothing more we can do.

I'm very sorry that we're not able to provide any further support on this and hope you'll find a way to play the game. 
  • Eva_PT
    QueenB said:
    Sorry to hear that did not help @Eva_PT 😕

We've exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps now so at this point, your only option is to try a completely different device or factory reset both your devices.

I've checked with the studio and there are no issues from our side so I'm afraid there is nothing more we can do.

I'm very sorry that we're not able to provide any further support on this and hope you'll find a way to play the game. 
    Yes I understand.
    I realized a few days ago that I can't play any king games on my s4 mini. I try to instaleed a different one and it still didn't worked.
    What is weird is that i reinstalled the diamond saga on my J5 2017 (the farm heoes still work on that one) and it loads but then cashes... 
    It's a shame I was really enjoy it.

Thank for the help.
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,252 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Its possible that the phone is no longer compatible due to the age on the s4 mini, if my googling was correct and its about 6 years old?
    I know theoretically that technically the game may be supported, but with the complexity of what the game needs, it doesn't always work well. 
    I play a non King game island game and on my ipad, its brill. On my 2018 android phone which has all the specs needed and more , it takes forever to load, frequently crashes or doesn't load properly. 
    What one of the previous CM used to advise was if you can, restore the device back to factory settings. Only install the apps you really use, so you could maybe just try installing your fave king game and see if it works. Be advised that if you do this, it might not work but it would be something I would be tempted to try. You will also be starting from scratch with everything installed (as in have to install everything again)

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,252 Pet Rescue Moderator
    @Rancid I highly recommend clearing the google play cache if things don't work properly. Its saved having to reinstall apps before and does work. The one advantage android has over ios :D 
  • Eva_PT
    Its possible that the phone is no longer compatible due to the age on the s4 mini, if my googling was correct and its about 6 years old?
    I know theoretically that technically the game may be supported, but with the complexity of what the game needs, it doesn't always work well. 
    I play a non King game island game and on my ipad, its brill. On my 2018 android phone which has all the specs needed and more , it takes forever to load, frequently crashes or doesn't load properly. 
    What one of the previous CM used to advise was if you can, restore the device back to factory settings. Only install the apps you really use, so you could maybe just try installing your fave king game and see if it works. Be advised that if you do this, it might not work but it would be something I would be tempted to try. You will also be starting from scratch with everything installed (as in have to install everything again)

I wonder that myself but noone told me it was a possibility.
    It's still a problem though because that doesn't explain while my other phone (j5 2017) has the same problem... Although with that oneI can play farm heroes. The one that crashes is Diamond diaries saga.

Do we need to get a new phone every year to be able to play the games? That sucks!
    I won't mind playing on my desktop but Diamond diaries saga it's not available for that.

It's frustrating, really. I'm not even half way into farm heroes but with the Diamond saga I'm waiting for new levels to be made.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?