Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

Word games with a difference

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,592 Sweet Legend
    @Rancid & @wafercookieflippers    

Even we Germans have big problems with the grammar. What is written together: what will be separated and so on ... There are many tutoring in German. It's really not that easy.

Please ask @Lola_Pop.

She comes from Germany and can help me in various matters.
  • Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,012 Community Manager
    You're right, German's not easy! 😅

And there are lots of false friends (words that look similar, but have a very different meaning) between German and English. 
    For instance, a gift is a present in English (Geschenk in German), but the German word "Gift" means poison!

Something I've noticed here is that "Züge" (moves) is sometimes translated to "trains" (because that's also a meaning of the German "Züge"), so if Spinnifix or another German speaking member wants to say: "I'm not getting my extra moves", the translator says "I'm not getting my extra trains"- things like that make it hard to understand what is meant. 

But well, if we are all patient and kind to each other, we can overcome these problems 
    <3 
  • Spinnifix
    edited December 2019
    Trains as vehicle = Trains Trains in the game = Move That's why everything is confusing, on both sides !!!

Züge als Fahrzeug = Trains Züge im Spiel = Move Deshalb ist alles ehr Verwirrend, auf beiden Seiten!!! 

@Lola_Pop

This is my translation: Above the English and below German as a comparison !!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Oh dear!

I had no idea that some things could be translated so differently!
  • Spinnifix
    @Rancid & @wafercookieflippers & @Lola_Pop

I'll keep going. There are many things that confirm the difficulties of the language. 1st dialect. I am Saxon and must sometimes look for the High German word - think. Because the dialect hinders you as well. Not easy for me either. 2. Is it the spelling. With us constantly new Duden come out. Because those responsible are probably bored. And there the words are always written differently, as I have learned them myself. In Germany, something is constantly changing, just let everything go. That upsets the Germans a lot.

• Spinnifix
    As it comes across for everyone, a game is made out of it. "Make your sentence understandable". I have to read it through several times and puzzle it together and guess what it can be. Yes, it takes more time. But honestly, I enjoy it a lot. German - German puns is my thing. I also think that the community does not last long with just one language. How many come in with their language. I think it's good and very sweet. So the community is under pressure to act. And to improve it. Before I came in here, I wrote a detailed email to the German customer service. The email has been shared. But nothing happened. Maybe players do it with their own language. You have to rethink. The more languages ​​come in, they have to act and change it. I think it's great. Not all people can speak English. You should accept it. Aid yes, but not 100% effective.

• Spinnifix
    If we stood facing each other, we would just laugh. Nobody understands him and it is funny. I help many as much as I can. The players are grateful and informative. So they understand my translations too. It can not be that bad. The way the player comes with his own language is very entertaining to me. I laugh about it. I know it very well. It can be difficult for us to speak. But I think ahead. How is it for the people who can not speak? They try to speak with their hands and sign language. I find that even more complicated. You should think about it. Do not always just take the easy way. The life - world - society are full of detours !!!!

• Spinnifix
    I just wanted to open my eyes. If anyone could write in his language, that would be great.

Since you could also do more word games.

Thus, only a small part is there and others are excluded.

Human - no !!!

• Spinnifix
    I was a PC player. What I criticized and cursed - bitched. Unfortunately, I had to think about it and buy a mobile device. Sure, buy for the languages ​​does not exist. That must be programmed. In the technology with dn games, it works. So here too, what can be done in the languages. Everything goes on and there are always new things coming out. The community stuck in the Middle Ages in terms of languages ​​!!

Here is a need for action, but fast, please !!!!

This is very difficult for both sides. Question: Does that have to be?

And in the present time ...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    I used to work with a guy who is deaf and mute. In an industry with a high chance of injury, it forces you to learn sign language very quickly. Not everything comes across perfectly, but you soon understand the important bits. And sometimes it was a lot of fun! Ignoring him was easy, you just turn your back to him.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?