Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

For the studio/team about updates

piaandersson
piaandersson Posts: 1,022 Level 5
@QueenB Hope you will pass this on to the studio/team that work whit the games.

From what I understand noone works on weekend, but they like to put out updates on fridays. One of the things need to change.

If they will put out updates on fridays they need to have people that check out the communtiy several times a day during the weekend so they fast can start fixing if it turn out problems. Just look on the problem that started on friday januari 17. If they had people checking out the community that could been fixed by the end of the weekend.

If they don´t want to work on weekend they can instead start put out updates on mondays. That way they get reports and can start working on problems when they turn up so we don´t have to wait so long.

Consider weekends are the time when most people (all over the world) have time to play extra so that´s the time when the game needs to work. So they need to change how when they work and/or put out updates.

Comments

• stan1981
    stan1981 Posts: 3,418 Legend
    Most ppl play during weekend. Hence most game updates always on Friday. 
    This allow ppl to test the updates during weekend and developer can fix it when they back on Monday. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie

I understand both points of view perfectly. Both arguments are perfectly valid. So (in my personal opinion which is NOT authorized by King Games) I don't see things changing simply because a topic is started in the forums. Anybody suggesting a change to King Games policy would need to (in my personal opinion which is NOT authorized by King Games) demonstrate significant advantages before it would be discussed by King Games.

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,217 Pet Rescue Moderator
    I find it interesting that you think updates only happen at the weekend? New levels arrive Tuesday and my phone updates most days. I do have to manually check though as it doesn't auto update, even though requested. 
    We haven't had a new feature since the mushrooms around levels 860 I think. 
  • Lady_Choo
    But of course we will make sure @QueenB sees the feedback so thank you for taking the time :) 
  • piaandersson
    @stan1981 if they want to put out things on friday then it´s easy to just have people that check the community during the weekend. The problem that started januari 17 was not fixed on monday it started to be fixed wendsday. And depending on problem it take more then one day to fix it and then get out an update that fix it for the players.
    And if one look on players that play on mobile phone/tablets they don´t get the update at the same time. So some can have to wait several days more then others. On computers there the update reaches the players almost direct. So when there are a big problem they need to start fix it fast.

@Rancid I don´t think things changes because writing in forums. Thats why I hoped that @QueenB should pass it on. And I don´t know what you think what advantage it should be. The problem that was was affected a lot of players. I don´t know how many that plays on facebook and king.com but they probably counts in millions. To get the game working for players should be a prioritet.

@Chicken_Slayer I don´t say that they only put it out on fridays. But I have noticed that updates or other changes happens more on fridays then other days. And I bit a confused about that you write about a feature, is it because you think the new one has anything to do whit this thread. Haven´t see any reports that are any problems whit the new one. The problem I specifik mentioned was what happen januari 17. As for queenb she should already have read it because I started this thread in the support part. Then it have been moved to discussions part.
  • Lady_Choo
    There is a new feature announced today, so I thought you were including that too. And she probably has seen it already, she passes things on before we have seen it sometimes :)
  • stan1981
    Anderson:
    Developer is not working on the weekend ... and yes, it may take few days for them to fix it. For version roll out, it is in batches, not all will get it at the same time, often IOS users will get it faster than android. 
    The main issue is flash is dead, thus this impact a lot of things... which is definitely not easy to predict. And devices don’t support HTML definitely out.
    and definitely they r fixing the problem once they can, thus they do take it as a high priority. But do take note they can address it only on “working days”. If u want them to address even on non-working days, then u may consult their union force. 
    Ur request of check during the weekend - NOT OK

• gmverdi1976
    gmverdi1976 Posts: 38 Level 2
    Well all I keep thinking is...it would be nice if I even got a challenge..got chicken coop challenge after waiting for couple weeks and it disappeared early...i spend ALOT on gold bars...kind of annoying...and yes I know how it works about who and when get them...but wish it could be different
  • piaandersson
    @Chicken_Slayer I can undestand why you thougt that. But I was thinking of fixing problems that can accure after they had put out an update/change.

@stan1981 company that care about there customer (in this case players) see to that they have people that can fix problems even in weekend. That will say if they care about the people and not just the money. And they make so much money on the games so they can afford to have people work on weekend.

And the kind of problem that happened on januari 17 for computers can happen to mobiles. And for mobile that will take even longer time to get the fix out to the players.
  • stan1981
    Anderson: 
    there is still work life balance. Developer is only working on working days and NOT on standby mode 24hr by 7 days... 
    So what is ur job that u care so much about customers that u r doing 24 hr by 7 days standby? 
    And do wake up, if there is no money gained from this game, why should I care... money first ... let be practical and realistic... no 1 give a care to u, unless u have money!

overall: is just a game !!! 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?