🔥 Super Hot Right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone level badges level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000

🦸‍♀️ Queens of the Kingdom

QueenB
QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
edited March 2020 in Support

Every great Saga needs all sorts of Heroes!

As part of the Women's Day, we would like to take this opportunity to celebrate one of talented Level Designer at Farm Heroes Super Saga... Jessica AKA @Lucky#7 🦸🏻‍♀️

We sat with her and asked a few questions, so sit back and get ready for some girl power 💪

What was your dream job as a child?

When I was 10, the game Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time came out. I was fascinated by the 3D character and decided, I want to create video game characters.

What do you like about being a Level Designer?

I love that every level is different, in fact, it MUST be different. It triggers your creativity and it never gets boring even one would think so as the board and mechanics are always the same. But you have to be creative, try out new things, think outside the box (even though I hate that phrase) but in this case it is very true. It also fascinates me, that I am doing something that other people enjoy! I am creating FUN levels, for players who want to relax or be distracted from their busy days. To see their comments, their loyalty in playing my levels, is an unbelievably good feeling and gives me so much joy!

What are you challenges women face in the gaming industry?

II studied 3D Design for Videogames and in my class I was the only woman. I felt a bit lonely sometimes and could see that the teachers didn’t take my efforts as serious as from my co-students. I felt like the underdog between them all but it pushed me to be even better, to show that my work can be as good or even better than the others.

Since I am a Level Designer I have to say there were no real challenges regarding me being a woman. I feel equally treated as any other person in the industry. Still, I know that many women have to fight hard to be a vocal part of the game industry, so I would never take it for granted. On the other side I think and hope that thanks to my attitude and hard work I am where I am and have marked my place between men ;)

Any advice for the women out there wanting to join a gaming company?

Yes! DO IT! I have waited until I was 30 to start my dream job / career. There is nothing to fear, really! Don’t think that just because we are women they will treat us differently – it is not always the case. I personally don’t like to be a victim therefore I never see myself as one.

Nothing can stop you if you work hard and dream big!

Do you have a motto? If yes, want to share it?

I am only asking for a lifetime of adventures…

Quote: “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures”

It says it all…. Right?

Who inspires you and why?

Alice in Wonderland does a lot, but also Frida Kahlo!

I love the quirky world of Alice, where imagination and fantasy become reality. There is nothing that can’t be done and as weirder you dream, as better it gets!

Frida was always the strongest woman I have ever heard of and to not care how you look, what other people say and still be such a beauty, so arty and so damn talented… I wish I would have known her!

Is there a better way to do it than giving them the mic?

We will post personal interviews with some of the Kingdom's Queens every Wednesday during the month of March, so that the Community is filled with their strength, their values and their girl power! Stay tuned on the Hub for more!

Comments

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

Hi @Lucky#7 and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 It's a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for everything that you are doing 🙏🏻 Frida Kahlo and Alice in Wonderland - such an amazing combination. I adore both of them! Alice is so great to read, no matter which age you are as you always have a different perspective on it. When it comes to Frida, I will add just - to be so authentic and fragile yet strong! Sending you a lot of love and hugs ❤️🤗

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend

Welcome @Lucky#7 to our community! It's so sad that today women still have to prove themselves in all fields of computer science, graphics, gaming, etc.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?