Queens of the Kingdom 🦸‍♀️

QueenBQueenB Posts: 4,534 Community Manager

Every great Saga needs all sorts of Heroes!

As part of the Women's Day, we would like to take this opportunity to celebrate one of talented Level Designer at Farm Heroes Super Saga... Silvia AKA @HunterDog

So take a sit and enjoy a good read 🤓

What was your dream job as a child?

I don’t think I ever had one haha or maybe I just had too many. Honestly, when I went to uni I wasn’t really pursuing a career. It wasn’t until I joined King and realized that Level Design was actually a job that I decided that was my dream. 

What do you like about being a Level Designer?

It’s always fun! And it’s not just about having fun yourself but specially about creating fun for lots of people around the world. I also enjoy having the opportunity of working together with other disciplines: game design, UX, data science… so I can have a bigger picture of what players enjoy and design better experiences for them.

What are you challenges as women in the gaming industry?

In my opinion, and this might be very personal, women are sometimes expected to behave differently both at work and outside, especially when it comes to expressing ideas and opinions and moving things forward… and I think it’s a challenge for all of us to modify our expectations so that we are not gender biased.

Any advice for the women out there wanting to join a gaming company?

Don’t give up! Sometimes it can be hard but it’s a great industry to work on and the effort pays off. 

More specifically for level designers I would recommend you to try as many free editors as possible and build a good and diverse portfolio that you can share with companies. Being passionate and proactive will definitely help you getting a job. 

Do you have a motto? If yes, want to share it?

Haha I don’t really have one, but if I did it would be something like: whatever you do, try to be as happy as possible 😊 

Who Inspires you and why?

Many people actually. Smart people, people with original ideas, persistent and resilient people, people who take care of others, and a long etcetera. There’s always a lot you can learn from everybody. 

Is there a better way to do it than giving them the mic?

We will post personal interviews with some of the Kingdom's Queens every Wednesday during the month of March, so that the Community is filled with their strength, their values and their girl power! Stay tuned on the Hub for more!

🎤Farm Heroes Saga - The studio is hunting for feedback, share yours here 🎤
⭐ Don't miss out on Gold Bars here ⭐
FHSS: Don't miss out on Level Tips here. 🤓

Don't forget to wash your hands 😉

Comments