🔥 Super Hot Right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone level badges level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000

Celebrate the Holiday Season with the Community! 1000 Gold bars to be won!

MarkHawk
MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager

Ho Ho Ho sweet people! 

I hope you’re all getting ready for some celebrations, here we’re already crawling under sweets and chocolate! Since it’s the most wonderful time of the year, we wanted to celebrate with you guys, who make the Community such a wonderful place hurrah

We love to get to know you all more and more and welcome new members every day. The more we know each other, the more vibrant and sweet we can make this Community. So we would LOVE to know what you are doing for the Holiday Season!

To celebrate with you all and make the Holiday even more magical, we are offering 1000 Gold bars! 

What? How?! It’s simple, for a chance to win, let us know by commenting below where you will be spending the festivities.

You might want to show us a picture – Remember that we are curious people and we love pictures here :P – or just tell us what you will be doing. It does not have to be fancy nor to be about celebrations, so everyone is welcome to share and what you tell us is up to you! Then 25 players will be chosen by the Team and receive 40 Gold bars each! All you need to have a happy, sweet, magical time!

Come join us in the celebration and Happy Holiday everyone!

You have until Wednesday 3rd of January 2019 14.00 CET to participate. The 25 lucky winners will be chosen by our group of King Moderators and contacted by private message. The 25 winners will be picked across all King games communities. The Gold bars will be delivered to the game based on where you have posted your introduction. You can choose if you want the Gold bars delivered on Facebook/King.com or on your mobile device. If you choose mobile device then please make sure your game is connected to Facebook/Kingdom so we can sync your winnings.

Contest Terms and Conditions can be found here

Comments

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 31,562 Candy Moderator
    Hello @MarkHawk :)   It is very sweet of the "whole KING Team" to conduct these contests to gift us with Gold Bars <3<3

** I have already posted about our tradition in Diamond Diaries & Candy Crush Friends.  But, wanted to post in Farm Heroes Saga(s) also and start the conversation.... hoping that more people will join me with the discussion!!!  

About our Holiday Traditions -- being an Indian, it is more devotional then festive for us :)   In Indian calendar, this month is counted 30 days from New moon and starts usually in the mid of December.  This whole month, we, all like minded people gather together at 6 am or 8 am and chant / sing God's name which lasts for about 2 hours.  Then offer a special sweet made with Rice, Milk & Brown Sugar (we call it Jaggery).  Everyone brings an item and we all eat together & spend some time chatting and planning for next day.  I have noticed that when I follow this routine, that whole day gives me more energy, happiness & positive vibrations.  

Other than that, we do decorate a Tree with pretty ornaments.  Even though, we do not have this tradition, started for kids when we moved to US.  Both of us give gifts -- one that they really really want & one they will / can use.   Now, my daughter is more into this than me  =)  She likes to go all the way with the gifts.... let's see what she will gift us and whether she will be happy with the gift I bought for her (I am sure she will jump up & down B)B)B)

I think I have covered everything about our Holiday celebrations / traditions.  I will try to post a picture pertaining to the devotional gathering... but never took a picture when the chanting was going on!!  Hence, cannot promise!!!

Ok, that's all for now.  Thank you for giving this opportunity to share our tradition(s) :+1::+1::+1:
  • MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Hi Pummy :waving:
    Ahhh - really great to hear how you are celebrating the holiday season with your family  =)
    Since I'm from Denmark I'd like to share a bit on how the holidays are there.

In Denmark, Christmas is celebrated on Christmas Eve on the 24th. of December. It’s a day where the family gathers for dinner preparations and final wrappings of presents. In the old days, it was common to give the animals a special treat on Christmas Eve. It was believed that all animals could talk on this special night, and nobody wanted the animals speaking ill of them. Today some families continue that tradition. They go for a walk in the garden, in the park or forest and bring along small goodies for furry friends :)

Many people attend an early Christmas mass in church before dinner. This is not just because of religious beliefs; many enjoy sharing in the tradition of coming together in church and singing Christmas carols, as people have done for centuries.

The Christmas tree is decorated with a silver star on the top and small glass balloons, national flags and given the final touch of white fairy hairs or scattered strips of tin foil, reflecting the light from the glowing candles.

Dinner is served quite early. Most people eat roast duck on Christmas Eve, but roast goose or pork with crackling is also common. The duck or goose is stuffed with apples and prunes and served with boiled and sweet potatoes, red cabbage, beets and cranberry jam. The dessert consists of ‘ris à l’amande’ (rice pudding with whipped cream, vanilla and almonds) with a hot cherry sauce. A peeled almond is hidden in the dessert bowl and the lucky finder of the almond gets a present. Most of the time it's a marzipan pig that also has to be eaten. Uhhh - sometimes the winner has eaten so much that they are having a hard time moving afterwards  :o

The lighting of the Christmas tree is considered one of the highlights of Christmas Eve and it happens after dinner. Many feel that real candles, as opposed to electric lights, are the only way to ignite a proper Christmas atmosphere. After dinner, everyone joins hands and dances around the tree. Traditional Danish Christmas hymns and carols are sung. 

Then it’s finally time for the unwrapping of gifts. Normally, one of the children is chosen to select the wrapped presents under the tree and hand them over one at the time, so everyone can watch each present being unwrapped. After the last present, it is time for fresh fruit, cookies, candy and coffee. On Christmas Day, children get up early to enjoy their presents from the night before :)

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

The time has come - the winners are here!

I first want to thank you all for celebrating and joining us in this contest. We have been overwhelmed with the love, the stories and the pictures you all shared with us! Some were happy, some were sad, some were funny and others were surprising,  but all of those things are what makes us humans, so cheers to that! :heart: 

But all competition has some winners, and as we promised, here are the 25 lucky winners to receive 40 Gold Bars each!

@Divax
    @BiancaKraus
    @GoddesV
    @jackie45
    @Aitch
    @Adeboye
    @Sue_Maline
    @Pummy_Raj
    @Lim
    @lmbhpr1
    @sam_123
    @wills0817
    @1eeyoreluver
    @JetKuil-Snaterse
    @wheelz
    @kdj9829
    @Wynnette
    @patronman69
    @taralynn
    @Deb_Harlan
    @ivana86
    @JerryAlvarez02
    @arha
    @Brina_Watson
    @danc

Please help me congratulate this group that shared with us fantastic stories and pictures and also to congratulate all of us here, since we are all part of this big and amazing Community!

Here's to a great 2019 and to loads of fun together sharing your passion for our games!

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Divax
    Divax Posts: 51 Level 3
    Thank you Xarly. Happy New year everyone!
  • Divax
    Divax Posts: 51 Level 3
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 31,562 Candy Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Thank You very much @Xarly and all of the King Team!!!

:+1:  :+1:  :+1:

• wills0817
    wills0817 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thank you so very much and well done to other winners x
  • lmbhpr1
    lmbhpr1 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Thank you so much! Happy New Year! 😻😻
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?