1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000

App question, virus or not?

krystlerose
krystlerose Posts: 94 Level 3
Just recently when I open the app I get this message before I can use it: 
”eden” Wants to Use “Facebook.com” to sign in.’
Under this it says
’this allows the app and website to share info about you’ 
Under that is where you can click ‘continue’ or ‘cancel’. 
I hit cancel.
is this a virus or something new? It isn’t happening on any other king game. 

Answers

• krystlerose
    This is screenshot of it
  • Calamitee
    Calamitee Posts: 5 Level 2
    Just recently when I open the app I get this message before I can use it: 
    ”eden” Wants to Use “Facebook.com” to sign in.’
    Under this it says
    ’this allows the app and website to share info about you’ 
    Under that is where you can click ‘continue’ or ‘cancel’. 
    I hit cancel.
    is this a virus or something new? It isn’t happening on any other king game. 
    Same for me. Deleted the app to reload it, hoping to clear it and can’t reload game progress with my facebook account without allowing access to “eden”. What is eden?  No way I give access without knowing. Support ticket 8792263 response is confusing and unhelpful so far. 
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Hi @krystlerose @Calamitee and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 This is odd indeed. I see this for the first time. It's absolutely understandable that you don't want to give access to something you don't know what it is. I will need some additional info from you, guys so we can investigate this.

@Calamitee are you playing on the iOS device too? If so, I will ask both, you and @krystlerose to try these troubleshooting steps on the link below and let me know if anything's changed.

https://community.king.com/en/blog/discussion/246638/is-your-game-crashing-on-an-ios-device

Please note that the last resort is to reinstall the game and if you do so you will lose all the boosters.

@Calamitee I know that you have already tried reinstalling so please try the other steps too.

Thank you for your understanding. I am looking forward to hearing from you again.
  • Calamitee
    Thanks for the tips! I’m happy to report that “eden” has disappeared and I was able to sign in properly with Facebook again.  Thank you, and best of luck to @krystalrose for an equally successful resolution!

• krystlerose
    I uninstalled and reinstalled it right after I posted question, which works. Thanks for input.
  • firebombmarkus
    That's great @Calamitee @krystlerose You are welcome and thanks for reaching out and letting me know your issue is fixed 😊
  • Calamitee
    Well, that didn’t last long. It seemed ok yesterday after going through the suggested steps, but today it changed again. Instead of “eden” now it says “DDS” wants to use “Facebook.com” to sign in”.  This really feels like some kind of data intrusion, and I don’t like it. I wish I had received a serious response from my King support ticket. I’m probably going to have to delete the game. 
  • firebombmarkus
    @Calamitee I am sorry to see this is happening again. If you have contacted the support already, did you answer to their automated email message? You need to reply to it in order for the team to reach you. If you don't reply to it, they won't reach you at all.

Also, recently we got a bot under the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. As of now, this bot will work only if your browser is in English or Spanish language. If it's in any other language you will have a regular support form to fill in.
  • Calamitee
    The initial response on Friday (Nov 15th) seemed automated but had a support ticket number in the subject line, so I figured it was probably legit. However, it said that for them to send me a report with all my player info on it, they needed an extensive list of information from me and that they would try to help me after they got it. It wanted a list of all the king games I’ve ever played, my approximate level progress on each, the Facebook account linked to each, log in names on any king forums I’ve posted to.  

When I sent the support ticket in, I was not asking them for a report with all my player information on it. I thought they had misunderstood, so later that day (Nov 15th) I responded that my initial question was simply to ask if “eden” was valid and connected to king, and I didn’t really understand why they wanted the other info.  

On Monday (Nov 18th) I received an email saying they needed to hear from me in three days or they’d close my ticket.

On Tuesday (Nov 19th) I saw that response and replied to it that same day with the list of data they had asked me for. I only play two games currently, one of which is FHSS (which I couldn’t log in to to get my level info for), and another that I was able to get current level info for. I listed all the other king games I’ve ever played but which are not active on my phone. I would have to re-download them in order to find the level info, which I didn’t do because if space issues (and I truly don’t care now what level I was at when I quit playing).  I told them that the FB log in was the same on all of them, again restated my question about “eden” and asked them not to close the ticket. 

On Wednesday (Nov 20th) I received a response from them saying they had never heard back from me and they were now closing the ticket.  If I still needed help, I should respond to them with the ticket number and they would re-open it. 

On Thursday (Nov 21st) I replied that I had actually responded. I requested they check their in box, and basically begged them not to close the ticket.

I haven’t heard from them since, and I assume they’ve closed the ticket and moved on. 

Mixed in with those emails from Farm Heroes Super Saga (with ticket number in subject line) were several others from King Customer Care that seemed like typical mailing list stuff. Those emails didn’t have the ticket number on them and didn’t ask for a response. One of those actually directed me here to ask the community for help. 

I’m not sure what else I could have or should have done. I’ve already deleted all the king games and app placeholders on my phone, became I just feel too exposed to data intrusion right now. I can download them again later if I ever get a response, but for now I’ll feel better without them. Which is sad, because I like them. 
  • firebombmarkus
    @Calamitee Just read your post. Not sure why they asked you for a list of all King games that you are playing and levels you are on. I hear this for the very first time. Hence, I will tag my friend and a fellow Superstar @Elsa in hope that she knows more about this. Thank you for your understanding.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?