I'm not receiving my messages/lives from friends

Answers

• Niknak67Niknak67 Posts: 2

Hello,

I just want to provide you with some information about sending lives and messages via Facebook.

Due to the sheer volume of messages and requests being sent globally, there are technical limitations which can result in some messages not reaching their intended target.

This can mean that you might get a notification in Facebook however the message or request itself will not appear in the game. You may want to try to resend the request to those particular friends, or ask them to try re-sending to you as this can work occasionally.

I hope that this doesn't cause too much inconvenience or impact your enjoyment of our game.

Our Developers will continue to investigate this matter to see whether there are other possible solutions. I can recommend a few troubleshooting steps to take as they have helped to resolve the issue for many players:

On your mobile/tablet:

a. Clear your device cache

b. Force close all apps and restart the device

c. Please check for any updates for your device and the game application

Then on your laptop/PC clear your browser cache, exit the browser and reopen Facebook. You can then try again to see if you can send and receive lives and messages.

I still cannot receive any messages even though my wife is sat next to me and I watched her send an extra life but I never received it. I uninstalled the app and re synced it from Facebook but I lost all my lives any bonuses! Please help this is doing my head in as my wife has the same phone with the same settings but she receives all her messages!!!! What's going on as this is obviously a problem people have encountered for months! If it's not resolved then I'm just gonna delete it completely.
  • Niknak67Niknak67 Posts: 2

Hi @all I am sorry that some of you are still experiencing a problem. Another option that should work is to play connected to our Kingdom where a wealth of active players are eagerly awaiting you. Simply log out of Facebook in the game and click the orange Kingdom logo.

Create an account using your email address, add a password and choose an image and name for your avatar. Then simply get back to the fun! As the Kingdom is full of active players messages seem to arrive with much more frequency and reliably.

Or if you are playing on a desktop please go to King.com 

Thank you all for your understanding, have a sweet day! 

What is the problem then because my wife has the exact same phone as me and her settings are identical but she has no problem at all?????
  • Leah_HernandezLeah_Hernandez Posts: 2
    edited September 2016

In my opinion they don't want to fix this issue-- it seems to me enough people are having issues with it and while they are able to develop more and more levels and raise prices on tickets-lives and other packages a bunch of programmers can't fix this glitch? If they don't fix it it mean more cash for them because more people shell it out for lives if it was ever broken to begin with. I've stopped buying items--I've erased the app from my phone and its about to be deleted from my iPad--this issue has been going on for over a year now they are quite content allowing it to continue. 

This issue is getting old. I have no problems with The other 2 Candy crush games only this one. I need help in unlocking the next episode and cannot get any. Also it states episode will unlock in 2 days and It has been 5 so far and it still hasnt unlocked.
  • Crusher18Crusher18 Posts: 1,286

I found that if i am on a PC and not a tablet, it works better.. if on IPAD, you will need to close the app and even restart to get the ticket.. 

Thanks!
  • Hello,

I just want to provide you with some information about sending lives and messages via Facebook.

Due to the sheer volume of messages and requests being sent globally, there are technical limitations which can result in some messages not reaching their intended target.

This can mean that you might get a notification in Facebook however the message or request itself will not appear in the game. You may want to try to resend the request to those particular friends, or ask them to try re-sending to you as this can work occasionally.

I hope that this doesn't cause too much inconvenience or impact your enjoyment of our game.

Our Developers will continue to investigate this matter to see whether there are other possible solutions. I can recommend a few troubleshooting steps to take as they have helped to resolve the issue for many players:

On your mobile/tablet:

Then on your laptop/PC clear your browser cache, exit the browser and reopen Facebook. You can then try again to see if you can send and receive lives and messages.

My inbox shows on my Ipad only.....but the game keeps crashing there so it doesn't help much.
  • DC8162DC8162 Posts: 2
    edited February 2017

In my opinion they don't want to fix this issue-- it seems to me enough people are having issues with it and while they are able to develop more and more levels and raise prices on tickets-lives and other packages a bunch of programmers can't fix this glitch? If they don't fix it it mean more cash for them because more people shell it out for lives if it was ever broken to begin with. I've stopped buying items--I've erased the app from my phone and its about to be deleted from my iPad--this issue has been going on for over a year now they are quite content allowing it to continue. 

I am having the same issue, only need 1 more person to help me unlock my next level have been waiting over a month, why can't it just unlock by itself after a short period, this is very frustrating. For pet rescue saga.
  • Any resolution? 

Same issue here. No requests arriving anymore. Un installed the game and other then my progress in it, lost everything. Lives, boosters!!! 

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? 

Save your progress by connecting through Facebook. I haven't lost any lives, boosters or progress by doing this. Log in with Facebook
  • CezdiamondCezdiamond Posts: 6,522 Community Manager

I was having the same issue on my iPad Air (but not on my iPhone). 

I resolved the issue by:

- deleting the app from my device

- shut down my iPad (hold the home and power buttons down until the device powers down)

- restarted my device after about a minute

- reinstalled Candy Crush from the app store

when I reopened Candy Crush, I had messages waiting for me.

hope this helps!

Thanks a lot for the tips :-)

Got a great Candy Crush Saga tip for players? Share here to have your idea featured and win Gold Bars!

• Hello,

On your mobile/tablet:

I have been telling you this for a long time...still does not work..cannot get lives from friends.
  • RandleRandle Posts: 1,977

I found that if i am on a PC and not a tablet, it works better.. if on IPAD, you will need to close the app and even restart to get the ticket.. 

Good to know!
  • RandleRandle Posts: 1,977

If you play on pc try a different browser. Chrome, Firefox, and Edge are recommended.

Chrome generally works best for me
  • Tune_DTune_D Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

totally agree with you all....great game but the frustration of not being able to unlock levels isnt worth it.....far as using a new browser that doesnt help either...ive tried 3 different ones now..ive tried even logging in on other pcs of friends ..tried to dump the cookies and uninstalling/installing java and the game...nothing has helped so far........its been 2 yrs for me with this same issue

Which game you refer to exactly? For most of their games it works fine for me

This just starting happening to me say within the last 10 days.  My Neighbors were not receving the lives I was sending and vice versa.  Just now I noticed at the top of my screen next to the gold bar, was an envelope with the #60 next to it.  I clicked it and there were all the lives sent to me, and requests from other players.  I "checked all" and 'accept' and it let me have 21 items.  The rest are still sitting there.  I'm at level 810.  I hope this helps.  My friend at level 374, still gets them the traditional way.  I wonder if the Games People know this

At times they run tests and have different test groups, that will go unnoticed. If not, this could also be related to the transition of Candy Crush Saga to the HTML 5 format. Some features still appear as unimplemented yet.

None of the tips and suggestions work. Two weeks ago all was fine. I reinstalled and did all advised on both my Computer and I phone. Still no lives being received by friends. Is this ever going to be resolved????

Hi Brenda, take into account that the game switched to HTML 5. Check this out https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/candy-crush-saga-facebook-update
  • Hello,

On your mobile/tablet:

i lost all my orogrsss on my phone. i'm at level 1158 and it brought me to level 1!!!!! help fix this pleeeease