Which version of the Pet Home do you prefer?

bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 3,044 Superstar
edited June 20 in Discussions
It appears King is trying out a new version of the pet home - no rooms or wardrobe options - only a list of pets (what you have and what you have to still get).  This poll is to provide feedback to King from the players to let them know what the players prefer.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh

Which version of the Pet Home do you prefer? 66 votes

Keep the Pet home as it was with the ability to change rooms/wardrobe & interact with the pets (change names and feed/play with them)
51%
LynetteKMcDden4lin197dianakotoriBrowniesbanetopomalmummawJulietdawraericacoelhogleo2607petsunloverfire2ems1may123doleeBellissimaDottie2019youngforeverspmpagebabissoony04 34 votes
Keep the new version where there is no interaction with the pets or home/rooms - only a list of pets showing what you have and what you need to get
1%
lemcbl 1 vote
Combine both versions by adding a tab to show which pets you have and which you still need to get
46%
Luv2SmockPummyRajmarscrushinitmysticalmystyGabrygameitawafercookieflippersbearwithmekathyroadenval1125Ashrafruiva001electraxStephanie9609moonvixenjoyashbe59CLCKris10MlovistejaclinTonyaM85 31 votes
Prev134

Comments

• dianakotoridianakotori Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Keep the Pet home as it was with the ability to change rooms/wardrobe & interact with the pets (change names and feed/play with them)

Seems like everyone wants a combination of the two. I can actually live without the pets list, but I could keep it if I had to. However, everything I loved about this game has been taken away. The map, the pets home... next they are going to remove Fern and leave us with just a dog as a pet to rescue...

I'm removing my 5 star rating from Google Play now, until they give me back the actual game I downloaded. If they don't do so, I'll uninstall. It makes me really sad, I truly hope they don't do the same to Pet Rescue Saga.
  • lmummawlmummaw Posts: 4
    I prefer the original version I downloaded.  I dont like having to feed everyone at one time to get lives.  I renamed a bunch of my pets with actual pets I've had.  I will uninstall if changes that were made aren't turned back to the way it was.
  • marscrushinitmarscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Superstar
    Combine both versions by adding a tab to show which pets you have and which you still need to get
    I think having both I'd a fun idea , but if not just the home will do. I definitely don't want yo lose my ability to interact with the pets 

Keep crushing it 🍭
  • bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 3,044 Superstar
    Welcome to the Community @Imummaw.  I understand your frustration and @dianakotori I also like the original version - I just think it could be useful to also have the list of pets still remaining out there - especially since I am currently stuck with the new map and have no idea what's ahead.  I've been asking a friend who is further along than me to send me screen shots of the new episodes just so I know when I can have the opportunity to get another pet!

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh
  • jaclinjaclin Posts: 1
    Tapez votre commentaire
    Hello @jaclin, thank you for your vote and welcome to the community.  We only use English here so in future could you please post your responses in English?  Thank you/Merci  😃

• Kris10MKris10M Posts: 9
    edited June 12
    *Posting feedback here also at Crazy Cat Lad’s instruction. :)

I don’t at all like that they’ve taken away the pet home. One of the most frustrating things about it is that I can not change the pets’ wardrobe. Whatever they were wearing when the update happened is stuck that way and that is pretty crappy. 

I am really confused as to why they are stripping this game down and taking features away. It’s just making the game worse. The pet home was charming and now I just have pictures of all the pets in a list. It’s nice to see how many have been collected and how many are yet to be collected, but don’t take away the pet home and the ability to change their wardrobe!

I also do not like the new map. It’s basically unnecessary to even have a map if it’s going to look like the new one because it does absolutely nothing. 

This is a good game and the levels are fun and challenging, but these changes have just taken something away from the game - some of the charm of it. 

I really hope they scrap these updates and give us back the pet home and the old map!!!! 
    Welcome to the community @Kris10M.  These changes aren't official updates to the game yet.  For whatever reason, King is 'testing' out these new ideas (new map/ new home) and we are part of the test group.  I still have the old home but I am currently stuck with the new map.  The community moderator @Crazy Cat Lad is very good about providing player feedback to the game developers so keep posting.

Also make sure you participate in the contests to win some gold.  
    https://community.king.com/en/pet-rescue-puzzle-saga/discussion/258143/which-blocks-are-missing-win-gold-bars-if-you-figure-it-out#latest
    https://community.king.com/en/pet-rescue-puzzle-saga/discussion/258582/pass-a-hard-level-and-win-gold-bars#latest

• dianakotoridianakotori Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Hello everyone:

@lmummaw It's true, this is not the game we downloaded anymore, I'm getting afraid of updating it, every time I get that notice 'We are improving things' it becomes worse.

@bearwithme In the new map you get the icon of a tiny box at the levels where you can rescue a pet, but you only can find that out 3 or 4 levels in advance, not at the beginning of the episode, like before. And 'don't worry', you'll get the new pet 'home' with the next update. :(

@Kris10M Excellent. Let's hope they listen to you. I agree 100%.

• lmummawlmummaw Posts: 4
    Getting really tired of this "new trial"  game.  Getting closer to uninstalling. 🤬🤬
     @Imummaw - Please don't give up hope.  If you want to take a break from the game make sure you participate in the two contests currently available to win some gold bars:

The newest one - who is the fastest pet can be found here:
    https://community.king.com/en/pet-rescue-puzzle-saga/discussion/258672/who-is-the-fastest-pet-guess-and-win-gold-bars#Item_1
    Everyone can get 10 gold bars in the other contest - you just have to post a screenshot showing you beat a hard or super hard level:
    https://community.king.com/en/pet-rescue-puzzle-saga/discussion/258582/pass-a-hard-level-and-win-gold-bars#latest

• den4lin197den4lin197 Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Just to let you know.....I've changed the locks on my Pet House so you can't take it away. :(
  • wafercookieflipperswafercookieflippers Posts: 2,265 Legend
    I still have the old pet home and the old map. However I just want to express my complete surprise and “head shake” at the changes to the pet home. It doesn’t make sense to change one of the best features of the game. If anything, we need bigger homes to utilize the rooms we do have and more pets on the map. Updates should give you improvements. Not take away features everyone already enjoyed and had no issue with. 

I have stopped progressing forward since the stage I am on doesn’t have a pet box and the levels themselves are just hard. I’m scared to update as someone else has mentioned. I may as well stay put and see what happens. In the meantime I hope the map and pet home can be brought back everyone! 🙂
    🌈💕🐳  — wishing you hope, love, and happy flippers. 
  • BrowniesbaneBrowniesbane Posts: 5
    Does losing the home also mean that you lose the ability to fish for prizes?
  • Kris10MKris10M Posts: 9
    @Browniesbane You can still “fish” for prizes, but it doesn’t show the pet fishing, just a picture of the pet’s face next to a gift and a timer on the Rescued Pets page. (Nothing on this page is clickable, btw.) You also never win new wardrobe pieces or rooms (of course).