Do you want to get a personal and exclusive Pet Rescue Puzzle avatar? 😺😻🙀 Check out here how to get it!

Pet Home vs Pet Town

Crazy Cat LadCrazy Cat Lad Posts: 3,121 Community Moderator
edited January 23 in Discussions
A new bigger, better, beautiful version of Pet Home have been introduced for many players now; Pet Town! 

What do think about the new Pet Town? Let us know your thoughts and feelings about the new version.

Or do you prefer the old Pet Home? 

Vote and comment!

If you need any further help or are curios on any future details in the new Pet Town, check it out here.

Pets & Love

Pet Home vs Pet Town 40 votes

I love the new Pet Town and build houses for the pets and grow my own town into a city!
82%
Laura_Lettsomekiara_waelfirebombmarkusFoley1362Thumper37110SeraphicStarbearwithmemaspydianakotoriAleksSlais21SteelPlayerDeepshikhaSharanFeeCeeSeikapoopheadsandragaioConsuelillojdboothstepgaming111 33 votes
I preferred the old Pet Home with building rooms.
17%
mysticalmystyBQN537tamaciousHoldasianeechuchu417debror 7 votes
Prev13456

Comments

• JohnsonKJohnsonK Posts: 2 New Bee
    I like the new pet town, however, I didn’t know what I was doing at first. I want to move some of the homes/buildings but there is no way of doing it. Is there going to be an option to move things around?
  • bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 6,262 Superstar
    I love the new Pet Town and build houses for the pets and grow my own town into a city!
    Hi @JohnsonK and welcome to our Pet friendly community.  You have brought up some of the same questions that I have:

1. I wish there were some instructions for example:
    - When I got to build my first few homes - I didn't realize I could move them around first so I ended up building two of the same type together.  Now I would like to move one of them to a different location but I can't seem to do that.
    - when I click on a house sometimes the animals inside are grey with a door symbol - what does that mean?
    - I can't keep up with all the homeless pets - the blimp keeps dropping more and more pets off.  Is there a specific ratio for doing this - 10 pets an hour etc?
    - By trial and error I figured out how to click on one of the pets wandering my city so I could put a hat on him/her but for that day it shows up as an enormous hat on this little pet's head.  However the next time I get back to the game it's the correct size.
    - Can we change the names of the pets?  I see we can still interact with them to feed them etc.
    - I'd like to be able to interact with the pets that are working for example in the burger joint - but I can't.  I'd like to be able to name them and give them hats.
    - There is a number underneath the name of my city - does that number represent the total number of pets (including the homeless pets)?

Now on to what I absolutely LOVE about this change to the game:
    I think it is incredible and I am playing the game much more trying to build more houses and seeing what the next special building will be.  I think the movie theater is incredible - and I love the different mini-movies it is playing.  So much fun - the artists and design team had a lot of fun with that one. I like tapping on the pets and seeing their thoughts and occupations!  I am simply in awe with all the detail and artistic flair that went into creating this.  It is so incredible - I just don't have the words to express how much I appreciate what they have created!  I can't wait to see what comes next.  I already have a city.  I just want to say Thank you so very, very much to the studio and everyone who had a part in creating this.  It is stupendous!!!!

Thank you @Crazy Cat Lad for providing this area for feedback

I also want to tag some other players in case they have this feature too so they can comment here: @Foley1362, @wafercookieflippers, @PummyRaj, @firebombmarkus, @Elsa, @BQN537, @Werner_Cichy, @kiara_wael, @christine88, @SabrinaM, @Lynette, @soony04, @MightyWolf, @Ondrashek06, @Nat09, @mysticalmysty   

Please feel free to tag other players too - especially if you know they have the new Pet Town.  😊🤗💕

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh

Be sure to come check out the  Beginner's Corner and visit the lounge area 💕💕
    If you are new to the community please check here for helpful info: Learn more about the King Community
    💗You can find the Valentine's Quiz here and also in all the games❣

• mysticalmystymysticalmysty Posts: 17,098 Superstar
    I still have the old one, so I can’t tell you if I like the new one better or the old one 🤗

👉 CCFS - Win Gold bars - Here 🍒
    🌟 Beat our Superstars and get free boosters - Check here  🎉

👉 CCJS - Gold bars here 🍭
  • BQN537BQN537 Posts: 4,903 Legend
    I recently got the new pet town. I am still trying to figure it out but when I tap on a pet it says you have 24 homeless pets and that makes me feel awful and sad so the old pet town for me 
    Thanks for tagging me @bearwithme
    🐨🐕🦋
    “Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”                
    Helen Keller                             
    🦋

Newbies, this is for you! (Part One)
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-      friends-saga/discussion/258891/newbies-this-message-is-for-you

Newbies, this is for you! (Part Two)
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-friends-saga/discussion/265599/newbies-this-message-is-for-you-part-two

• firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 10,732 Superstar
    Thank you for tagging me 😊 @bearwithme I agree with you completely although I didn't notice that many details. I am endlessly in love with the fact that we can read pets' minds. There is a huge range of thoughts there, from philosophical thoughts about the purpose of life (which I find clever and amazing) to simple ones about boredom. One of them had a thought "stop reading my mind" and it really made me laugh. Another thing I like is that they each have a job now. 

What I didn't like is that now we can't get just one life. When we stay out of lives we get the list of pets and their needs but we can either get them all or none.

My final thought about the Pet Town is positive and I am enjoying it so far. Thank you 🤗 @Crazy Cat Lad & Pet Rescue Puzzle Saga crew
  • Foley1362Foley1362 Posts: 11,079 Superstar
    Thanks for the tag @bearwithme!! So I’ve had the new Pet Town for a lil over a week and am really enjoying it. I do miss the smaller map visibility though as now you never know when a Pet Level is close. I have figured out how to interact with the pets and purchase hats if I want but prefer the older map for viewing the pets. The new scrapbook doesn’t allow you to open up each character.

However the building of the town is awesome and the different types of buildings are so fun. Although I fear I’ve already run out of new options as I have gotten several repeats on some of the bigger offerings.

Lastly I would agree that I would love the option to be able to rearrange the location of some of the buildings.  

Huge applause overall though @Crazy Cat Lad

🚀 VOTE to get a PORTAL in Friends Here 🚀

How do you find your user ID? 🤔 - Here
  • kiara_waelkiara_wael Posts: 7,758 Superstar

I like building houses in the city, there are games too, this is very cool. like Castleville before
  • sianeesianee Posts: 4 New Bee
    So does anyone know how to operate the town?  I currently have 64 homeless pets and it is always increasing.  Some homes have the greyed out pets with a door or suitcase, what's that about? 

I think we need clear instructions as at the moment I'm finding this new town extremely frustrating.
  • Crazy Cat LadCrazy Cat Lad Posts: 3,121 Community Moderator
    JohnsonK said:
    I like the new pet town, however, I didn’t know what I was doing at first. I want to move some of the homes/buildings but there is no way of doing it. Is there going to be an option to move things around?
    At the moment you cannot move a building once it has been placed in your town, but thanks for the idea and feedback on this! 
    BQN537 said:
    I recently got the new pet town. I am still trying to figure it out but when I tap on a pet it says you have 24 homeless pets and that makes me feel awful and sad so the old pet town for me 
    🐨🐕🦋
    Naw... Don't feel awful about that! Luckily the weather is always perfect in Pet Town so you shouldn't have to worry. 

Once you pass a level you will be able to build a house and get a home for some of the pets, so all 24 should be comfy and happy in no time! 
    Foley1362 said:
    Thanks for the tag @bearwithme!! So I’ve had the new Pet Town for a lil over a week and am really enjoying it. I do miss the smaller map visibility though as now you never know when a Pet Level is close. I have figured out how to interact with the pets and purchase hats if I want but prefer the older map for viewing the pets. The new scrapbook doesn’t allow you to open up each character.

However the building of the town is awesome and the different types of buildings are so fun. Although I fear I’ve already run out of new options as I have gotten several repeats on some of the bigger offerings.

Lastly I would agree that I would love the option to be able to rearrange the location of some of the buildings.  

Huge applause overall though @Crazy Cat Lad
    I'm also missing the option to get close to the pets in the new version even though I love the new Pet Town. 
    sianee said:
    So does anyone know how to operate the town?  I currently have 64 homeless pets and it is always increasing.  Some homes have the greyed out pets with a door or suitcase, what's that about? 

I think we need clear instructions as at the moment I'm finding this new town extremely frustrating.
    Hi @sianee and welcome to our Community>!

Once you complete a level you'll be able to build once house where one or several pets can move into. The pets that not yet have homes are gathered in the centre right outside the city hall. 

When a pet is grayed out, it means that the pet is living in the house, but not home at that moment. You will then probably see the pet walking, flying or sliding around the streets in your town. 
    sianee said:

Hi @sianee and welcome to our Community>!

Once you complete a level you'll be able to build once house where one or several pets can move into. The pets that not yet have homes are gathered in the centre right outside the city hall. 

When a pet is grayed out, it means that the pet is living in the house, but not home at that moment. You will then probably see the pet walking, flying or sliding around the streets in your town. 

Thank you for that.  I must not be building houses quick enough!!  I've now got 80+ homeless pets ☹️
    sianee said:
    Thank you for that.  I must not be building houses quick enough!!  I've now got 80+ homeless pets ☹️
    Don't worry about that, you have a whole city ahead to build up. You will get a home for all the Pets eventually!