pet rescue back to level 1 after sync with Facebook

player001
player001 Posts: 4 Newbie

I was at a level close 1200 and I did connect a Facebook account in order to get that level on a my new phone but surprisingly, I am back to level 1 on both phones. Is there a way to recover my previous level?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,576 Pet Rescue Moderator

Hi Player001, 

Were you connected to a Facebook account on your old phone?

If you were then have a look at these links for connection help and if trying it, still doesn't work, then please let me know :)

https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/lost-your-connection-to-facebook-android

https://care.king.com/en/blog/article/moving-game-progress-to-a-new-device

• player001

Hi Chicken Slayer,

Thank you for your answer.

I had not connected the game to Facebook while playing. After getting the new device, I did the Facebook sync on the old device and then on the new device, a few minutes apart. As a result, both devices are at level 1 as if I had just installed the app for the first time, my progress of 1200+ levels lost.

Any idea how to get my progress back?

• Lady_Choo

Hi player001

No worries, I will pass this over to the moderator who will be in touch, hopefully tomorrow :) She can do magical things we can't :D

• player001

Hi Chicken Slayer,

Still no answer from the moderator...

Could you please remind them of my case? This is taking forever....

Thank you

• Lady_Choo

I will player01 I am so sorry! It was handed over, but all I can assume is that she thought she had answered it, but missed it if she didn't send you a message. 

Adding it to the list again, it will be Wednesday though as its a national holiday in teamland tomorrow and I am also adding it to my own follow up list so I can check back after then to make sure it has been dealt with. 

Apologies again!

• Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager

Hello all! Sorry for the delay, this should now be fixed :-) 

Please let me know if this worked. 

• player001

Hi Chicken Slayer,

Thank you for your help.

I just tried the game now. I have been "dropped" at level 1200, with 2 stars at all prior levels, without any bonuses whatsoever (and God knows I had quite a few of each sort).

I thought this was about restoring my account (including my weapons/bonuses) based on some backup upon your servers or something like that... can something also be done about that or this is the best that can be done?

Thanks a ton for your help one more.

• Lady_Choo

Hiya, I know the progress that is restored is done manually and that's why you have two stars on all levels as its restored your progress. As to the rest I suspect as the data wasn't stored before there might not be a record of it, but that's only my speculation. The mobiles version works differently to the facebook version, in order to have boosters to play offline (As facebook you have to be connected or it won't play) its stored on your phone memory rather than on the game itself. Once you have a logged account then gold or the ingame premium currency is stored along with your progress, but boosters will always be only kept on the device. Which sucks in some ways, but in other ways, if you play on multiple devices then you can build them up daily on each. 

I will ask though just to get official word :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?