Who decides on the difficulty of the levels?

JetKuil-SnaterseJetKuil-Snaterse Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
I was playing level 2367 and it was totally not playable.. But.. it said regular level. Not super-duper extremely difficult level.. as what it really was without normal winning possibilities. I run into the same thing with Soda.. regular level.. but on that level for weeks now and not getting any further.. and the same with Jelly...
A level that is not finish-able without extensive use of boosters.. and even than.. not finish-able.
So just wondering.. who categorizes these levels.. Being a regular level and than get stuck there for weeks. That is just fooling people..
Or call it for what it really is - HORRIBLE ridiculous fire-flames difficult and warn people..  or.. really make it a normal level.. But not.. make it totally not finishable.. but call it normal anyway.

Best Answer

Answers

• MarkHawkMarkHawk Posts: 4,049 Community Manager
    Hi there JetKuil!

I'm impressed that you have completed so many levels in Pet Rescue :awesome:

I haven't completed near as many levels as you (yet :wink:) but I recognize what you're saying with the frustration of being stuck on a level. For my own experience, any game will be a tough nut to crack after the first 1000 levels. After that it gets more and more difficult and you'll need not only good skills but also a board that "clicks". I'm sure you know what I mean after having played so many levels :)

So.. to answer your question; it is the game studio that creates levels and every time they do that they know that levels must be sufficient in challenging the top elite of players (like you).
    There have been some instances where levels has been made less challenging and also levels that has been increased in challenge. The guys in the game studio are always making an effort in keeping the levels tricky but at the same time a challenge.

My best advice is currently to take a small break from the game. I tend to let things "cool down" a bit and after some days I'm ready to give it another try.

I saw some recent posts here in the community with players having completed all current levels so it might also be an idea to hit them up and ask how they managed to complete a specific level or episode ;)

• MarkHawkMarkHawk Posts: 4,049 Community Manager
    P.S.: I moved your thread from Support to the Discussion category as I think it would be good to hear from other players about this topic.
  • JetKuil-SnaterseJetKuil-Snaterse Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    MarkHawk said:
    P.S.: I moved your thread from Support to the Discussion category 
    You are right.. it is for discussion now.. But it started as support as I could not finish the level and I was sure there was a bug in the game. :) The forces were strong against me so to say. This was the last one for now (roadblock) and I have to wait for the next levels to come out again.
    The question came to me because - the two levels before - 2365 and 2366 are smokinghotdifficult. Well sort of.. because I finished them with one booster the first time playing.. and after those 2 came 2367 being not correspondent to "regular" but actually being the smokinghotdifficult one and taking more than a week.
    Noticing that.. and being is sort of the same situation in both Jelly and Soda.. It made me wonder.
    Taking cooldown time is always a good advice.. and usually I am not that bothered.. but I do notice.. and when a game does not function as it should I take the trouble of saying something about it.

• LynetteLynette Posts: 2,604 Superstar
    edited December 2018
    Hi @JetKuil-Snaterse :)

I agree that sometimes a level of supposedly 'normal' difficulty takes me forever to complete, then I get to a 'super hard' and finish it in a few tries :awesome:

I think the use of boosters complicates things. For me, because I play without them, any 100% level can be very tricky.
    But for players who do use them just a hammer or balloon booster can finish off a 100% level very quickly.

I didn't have too much trouble with Level 2367 (I like 'slide the column levels, lol) but some of the others in that Episode were more difficult.

How are you doing with the next two Episodes that have been released for over the holiday period?
    I've just finished them myself so if you need tips for any just ask.
    You can find out more about our Superstars here
    Too many games, not enough time!

Lynette said:
    How are you doing with the next two Episodes that have been released for over the holiday period?
    I've just finished them myself so if you need tips for any just ask.
    Ahhhhh,... you have got new Episodes?
    I am still roadblocked after level 2367.

Lynette said:
    I didn't have too much trouble with Level 2367 (I like 'slide the column levels, lol) but some of the others in that Episode were more difficult.
    I don't mind the slide the column levels but if I see that there is a significant difference between the example level on youtube and what I am facing I don't like it.. I give it the benefit of the doubt.. But after the weekend weather island and 24 hours of unlimited life.. and continue playing it.. and seeing the game does not give you any opportunity what so ever to even come close to winning - as it it a regular level - it is unfair.. and I hate unfair...  ;) . With slide the level you are depending on the whole line turning into one color and if that is not happening and always placing one or 2 different colors inbetween than the game does not want you to win because it takes an unwanted amount of moves to slide one line. That level took me more than a week even with unlimited life to finish.. and for an "regular" level that is not normal to me, having the smokinghot difficult levels before finished in 1 or 2 tries.
  • LynetteLynette Posts: 2,604 Superstar
    @JetKuil-Snaterse, the game has been updated for all devices. It sounds like your automatic update did not happen, go to your app store and get it :)
    You can find out more about our Superstars here
    Too many games, not enough time!

Ok.. there is a thing you can help me with.. I played on Facebook with my desktop and the new games were there.
    So.. I took the tablet.. and logged out on facebook.. and logged in again.. (what supposed to synchronize)  But.. still the roadblock. Now how do I update without losing all my bonus equipment?