Windows 10 app is so laggy... It's impossible to play

Options
Federico457
Federico457 Posts: 148 Level 3

It's been almost a week since my windows 10 app has become so laggy that is impossible to play.

Anyone has the same issues?

Any advice?

Comments

• Johncaltin
    Johncaltin Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing lag in your Windows 10 app. Here are some steps you can try to improve the performance:

1. Check for updates: Make sure that your Windows 10 operating system and the app itself are up-to-date. Sometimes updates can fix performance issues.
    2. Close other programs: Running too many programs simultaneously can cause your computer to slow down. Try closing any unnecessary programs while you use the app.
    3. Clear cache: Clearing the cache and temporary files can help improve performance. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "System" > "Storage" > "Temporary files" and then selecting "Delete temporary files".
    4. Adjust graphics settings: If the app has graphics settings, try lowering the resolution or other graphics options to improve performance.
    5. Disable unnecessary startup programs: Some programs automatically start when you turn on your computer and can slow down performance. To disable these, go to "Task Manager" > "Startup" and disable any programs that you don't need to start automatically.

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,488 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hi @Federico457 if the issues have recently started, did it start right after petopia ended, or a little later?

Have you checked for updates? John is correct in suggesting that, also clearing game cache.

Personally, I wouldn't interfere with graphics settings right now, if its just started. A couple of others have also complained of a slower game, but I am waiting to hear what they are playing on.

• Federico457
    Options

Hi both! @Johncaltin & @Lady_Choo

I tried all the steps wrote above by @Johncaltin but nothing changed unfortunately :(

@Lady_Choo the lag started right after the petopia event (which I enjoyed and didn't have any kind of issues).

• Federico457
    Options

Due this issue with the windows app, this week I play on iPhone and Facebook. Gameplay is smooth on both system. On facebook some events don't show up though.

• Lady_Choo
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @Federico457 I hope you are well 🤗

Facebook doesn't always get all events as its easier to update so often on mobile. Sometimes some don't show just because they aren't working correctly. Which game version is it w10 is using, no updates?

Do you have a lot of saved boosters? That can slow things down. I would suggest if you don't have any boosters, that you try reinstalling it (Make sure you were logged on to Facebook if that is the way you usually did so that progress will be saved) You will lose boosters though as unlike Facebook, w10 and devices save in their memory rather than on the game. It might be worth a try though.

If you don't want to, at this point, that is fine. I will mention it to the CM who can check with the studio.

Could you let me know your player ID too please, you can find out how to find that here.

• Federico457
    Options

I'm fine! thanks @Lady_Choo :)

I just checked if there is an update in the Microsoft store but nothing. I have the last version installed: 1.437.7.0.

No problem for the boosters... before I uninstalled I had few of them. Not a big loss lol.

Do you still need my ID number?

P.S: the game works fine on all my other devices. Except for Windows 10

• Federico457
    Options

Also few days ago I sent a ticket to King and they replied me. They said if I can send a screen record of my gameplay but unfortunately the video I recorded is more than 25MB allowed by my email.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

What I would do is use a file sharing site like dropbox. Upload it to there (or something similar) and then you can share the link.

Seeing as player support are handling it right now, we will leave it in their hands so as not to confuse things, but if you need more help, come back to us 🤗

• Federico457
    Options

Thank you so much for your time & help! ❤️

• Lady_Choo
    Options

You are very welcome!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?