Free boosters

Options
Lois_Barrett
Lois_Barrett Posts: 1 Newbie

Why don't we get free boosters for AlphaBetty like we do in other games?  We did get gold for a couple weeks, but no longer.  I am stuck stuck stuck on level 399.

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5
    Options

Hi Lois!

I normally check YouTube for videos on how to solve a specific level. This way I have an idea of how the level works. Many times there are also some great advice in the comments section.

I did a quick search and found this video that might help you out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKvg6BIyqy8

Cheers :-)

• lin22all
    lin22all Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I have the same question. Only game I don't get any boosters. 

• kellijaebaeli
    kellijaebaeli Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    Me too. I haven't had a booster since the first few games. Anyone going to answer this????
  • DaisyDolittle
    DaisyDolittle Posts: 16 Level 2
    edited August 2019
    Options
    If you log on between 12, midday and 2 pm you can spin a wheel for a free booster.  Unfortunately it’s usually a mixer booster that you get anyway by playing your level.  It also means that you can’t build that up until you have used your free one which is really annoying.  Occasionally I have actually won the jackpot (3 times in all) which was a surprise.
    occasionally I have had the offer of a hammer for watching a video.  
    I do agree though and wonder why this particular game is so....stingey....with its boosters.
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,974 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @kellijaebaeli, Hearty Welcome to the Alpha Betty section of our friendly King Community :) 

Are you playing on a PC or a Mobile device?  Because, if you play on a mobile device, like @DaisyDolittle mentioned, you will see "Free Spin Booster Wheel".  It will be available everyday between 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.  This facility is not available on PC!! 

But, sometimes, the wheel does not appear at 12 pm though!!  Not sure why!  So, logging into the game at 12:30 pm would be your best bet to win a booster :+1: 

Hey Daisy, it is true that we get the "Mixer Booster"" for 80% of the times!!  Even that "Shuffle" would be very useful when we can't find a proper match....  we don't have to waste our moves by making unnecessary combos just to refill the "Shuffle"!!  
    Hope this made sense!! 

Just for my clarification... in what way, this game is stingy with it's boosters?   Sorry, I did not understand!!  
  • DaisyDolittle
    DaisyDolittle Posts: 16 Level 2
    Options
    Hi PummyRaj 
    Thanks.  Yeah, that makes sense. I'd just rather get a booster that is more useful to me, but that's just me and I should be grateful for any booster so I dont complain too much 🙂

When I said they're stingey/stingy I just mean that compared to other games there isn't so much chance to get a booster.  With most games, if there's a wheel it's usually available for a much longer period of time.  I find it really hard to make sure to log in between the 2 hours it's available. And sometimes I'm already in the game and dont realise the time and the wheel symbol just doesnt show up.
    Also, it would be nice to get something when you finish a chapter and something for logging in daily.  There's all flags and confetti to celebrate but a booster or free lives would be useful too. There's no incentive for logging in daily.
    I'm on level 915 and all my friends have stopped playing so I've had no extra lives/friends' help for over 600 levels. It's been hard going sometimes.

Sorry, my post has appeared, unintentionally, to turn into a greedy rant haha.

Have a lovely day 😘
  • Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi @kellijaebaeli !

The Booster Wheel and bonus ads are the only way to win bonuses in the actual game. 

However, here in Community you also find a Weekly Word Challenge where you can win Gold Bars to your game. A new game board every week and you find it here under Discussions

• kellijaebaeli
    kellijaebaeli Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    Crazy Cat Lad and Pummy Raj ---See? now i wasn't aware of any of that about the boosters and ways to play here and get stuff..... It just seemed like those dimmed/unavailable boosters sat over there and mocked me on every gameboard. Thanks for all the info.
    And I do agree with the sentiments of DaisyDoLittle. The other King games at least give you a chance to get through a hard level, by giving you ways to get boosters.

BTW, i play 98% of the time on android (Kindle Fire table), but do play what is available on my PC sometimes. can't get all the King games for PC.
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,974 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hi @kellijaebaeli, Hope you are having a great day 🤗 

For all the King games, there are more chances to gain boosters on our Mobile devices.... Same with Alpha Betty too!  To my wonder, yesterday, I opened my game on King.com on PC!  And I saw another extra pre-game booster that is still locked in my iPad game!!

Also, not just "Alpha Betty, but in all other games, contests are held at least once a month to win boosters OR Gold Bars -- that is the great facility available in this Community :)  We can find answers for our questions, discuss with other players and participate in contests to win goodies :D 

In Alpha Betty section, you will find the "Word Puzzle" directly under Discussions section itself AND same with few other games :+1: 
    But, for some other games, in "Discussions" category itself, you will see another "Sub-section" called "Exciting News & Special Events" where the contests are placed.  You just have to be a hunter and look for those contests :+1:  
    You can always ask me or others for any help you need :+1: 

I know I went off the topic, but just wanted to let you know about the frequent contests that goes on in all of the games!  
  • memawutke
    memawutke Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    How to find the best boosters

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?