The erratic behaviour of teams feature

Pitty_Kitty
Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,003 Soda Moderator

I play PR on android mobile, software version 10 (so settings say). Memory storage half empty (don't know if this is important). I downloaded PR app almost 3 weeks ago. I enter the game every day, often to just get the daily bonus.

So I asked a question about the peculiar behaviour of teams feature a while back. It never lets me get the last reward within the allotted time because teammates score the few missing and needed points and get the reward when I'm not in the game (well while I'm sleeping, you know). Then feature resets itself anew (timer and points) when I return the next day.

Since I didn't find a satisfying solution, yesterday I decided to resist and stay until the end to get my reward and see what this was all about. And well, things went crazier than I expected. Good thing I play on mobile otherwise I wouldn't have been fast enough to screenshot proofs.

• There were 538/540 points and 9d 12 h 52 min left (image 1)
  • I cleared a level (level 387), passed with 2 stars which gave me the 2 points I needed. I won 3 boosters as third reward, finally.
  • Points reset. Well, almost, there were 10 points; I suppose they're coming from completing the episode. But timer did not. (image 2)
  • I thought I reached my goal so I went on clearing a couple of levels (defenitely less than 5, I'm sure. I was keeping track of levels for gold rush side event). Then suddenly the app says "Good job! You and your team have unlocked another reward! Claim it" (image 3)
  • I claimed it and then past scores showed up. Points were 196/540 and clearly none of my teammates were playing at the moment but team first reward was triggered nonetheless (image 4)
  • But then immediately second reward was triggered and I claimed it again . Weird. (image 5). Then I got this message : "You and your team have unlocked together all the rewards! Next season starts in 0d 0h 19 min" (image 6). Alright. This matches with the fact that next day I would always find a reset timer too.
  • I cleared the 10th level after triggering original third prize, as level in the pic reminds me, and then team feature activated and just gave me another prize saying: "Goal achieved! You and your team have unlocked all the prizes!" Yep, at this point the feature is drunk or it's compensating me for all the times it robbed me before. (image 7)
  • After clearing 11th level, team points were 360/540. Not entirely my doing, but hey, I'm flattered (images 8-9)
  • image 10 is how I left the game yesterday evening with 375/540 points and image 11 is how I found the game this morning, with 72/540 points. I guess it sobered up in the night but not quite: 2 prizes goals are still marked and they shouldn't be.

So, I'm sorry if I was too lenghty in my post and I ask again, is this how team feature normally works? Is this confusing non-linearity my issue or few people's only? I've already tried to log in/out and restart device but this was the result anyway. Should I just accept this aspect as a part of the game and move on? I have no problem moving on, I can adapt but I'd like to know if this is the normality. 😅 The game itself is cute. Thanks.

Tagging PR players that I know of: @Lynette @kiara_wael @Freddy_Falkner @wykoon @tsaytds

Comments

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend

Hi @Pitty_Kitty this one is best for @kiara_wael i am on the last levels and my ability to score points is useless for a long time and i only ever get the 1 and 2nd reward., but can say levels come out on a monday i complete the same Monday. and i log in and get gifts from my team mates scores As i log in every day just to get the free boosters

• Lynette
    Lynette Posts: 6,187 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited July 2020

Hi @Pitty_Kitty

I think what has happened is that when you  'log in/out and restart device' you've reconnected your game to facebook/King.

This has made all the rewards you missed previously came at once.

I have had this happen with one or two rewards from when I've played disconnected.

What happens is that each time you play a level (and the game connects to save progress) it seems to give the next reward that you missed while you were not connected to your game and the team. 😁

• tsaytds
    tsaytds Posts: 255 Level 4

Hi again @Pitty_Kitty , the screen shots you showed us, was an early version of Team score and award system. This has been all changed, currently the one i have no longer have those problems except the third award, and 30 minutes waiting period (yours is 20) will not accumulate any points. I think they know the problem as they are continuous to modify the system. Currently they are on vacation, just wait and see. I dont think there is any problem of your app or internet, Team feature is completely operate by the sever, so just have fun. Have a nice day.

• Pitty_Kitty

@Lynette thanks for the answer. This is a way to explain it and I'm not gonna say disconnection didn't have a role.

Though I still have some doubts. this time there were no rewards missing, I made it to the end. Normal 3 rewards and then 3/4 rewards again. But okay, disconnection may have caused a glitch and repeated all over again.

Still disconnection can't explain the times I didn't get third rewards previously because, as I said in my first post, those team sessions closed so a new session team could begin the next day and I didn't disconnect in those occasions. Plus even if those lost rewards were related to this new rewards caused by the glitch, they still don't match 😆

I thought to disconnect after those times, in the hope the problem wouldn't repeat again in the last/new team session. But no matter what I do I can't have this feature count points properly and give the proper reward, it seems. 🤣 what a mess

• Pitty_Kitty
  • wykoon
    wykoon Posts: 12,695 Community Hub Moderator

Hi Pitty and thanks for the very detailed explanation plus screenshots. Though I would love to provide you with an answer but I've not been playing Teams due to my inactive progress and I've only started playing for prizes or on going contest! So babe, I'm glad the system rewarded you accordingly but I have no answer as to your first question on not getting the final reward despite completing it.

Maybe you can refer your issue to the Player Support plus screenshots and see whether they can compensate you as you have valid proof that you've achieved the total score within the time limit...

Best of luck and update us again 🙏🙏🙏❣️❣️❣️

• Pitty_Kitty

Thank you for the attention. I didn't find much info on the community about it and I was getting perplexed and frustrated with this behaviour because I didn't know how to behave/deal with it in return. Now I found an explanation 😅 I guess if I want to get that 3 reward I have to troll my teammates before one of them does. It's not in the spirit of a team but oh well 🤣

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?