Welcome Christmas and New Year's Eve 2019!

_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,681 Sweet Legend
edited December 2019 in Support

A hearty welcome to all King game players!  Christmas holds a different meaning to one and all.  Some countries have traditional cultures.  Many celebrate it as a religious holiday.  Yet, some might not celebrate it at all.  I created a Christmas story that you might enjoy reading here.   

Let’s hear from all of you!  Please let us know whether you celebrate this holiday and how.  My family never celebrated this holiday, but once my children were born we celebrated in our own way.  So, I would love to hear how you and your family celebrated it as you were growing up, or how you and your family celebrate it now. <3<3

Before closing this message, I would like to offer a link to help you find your way around the community.  Let's learn more about the King community!

Also, please make sure to check out the Contest Area for a chance to win gold bars!   You can check if your game is running any current contests, as well as the community contests (General).

Comments

• _Elsa_
    I just created a video today and I am all dressed out ready for the holidays!  How do you like my Christmas sweater?  Click on my picture to view the video on YouTube. 

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,012 Community Manager
    Hello @Elsa !

My family is half-Spanish, half-German, so I had looots of traditions growing up: starting with the advent calendars on the 1st of December (German), and finishing on the 6th of January, when the Three Wise Men brought us the majority of the presents (Spanish tradition), we had a parcel with Lebkuchen coming from our German grandparents, we celebrated Sankt Nikolaus (German) with oranges, chocolate and walnuts, we sang around the nativity scene (without caganer!) with my Spanish grandparents on the 24th, when we also got some presents from the Christkind (German)... 
    And when I met my husband, I added the Catalan extra to the mix: so caganer in the nativity scene, cagatió on the 24th... it's getting better all the time!  <3
  • _Elsa_
    Thank you so very much for sharing @Lola_Pop.  It's pretty cool to read some fond memories from others.  I still want to see a picture of your caganer when you have a free moment.
  • Lola_Pop
    Hehe, I'll take a picture as soon as I get home  ;)
  • Lola_Pop

There you go, @Elsa !! ;)

Can you spot him? Hiding in a cave hehe
  • _Elsa_
    Yes!  I love it!  Thanks for sharing it with me.  Now please tell the other CMs that I would like them to share theirs with me too!  I love that tradition!
  • _Elsa_

If you would like to view all the individual animations, the video is posted on my YouTube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJY_JDEOu8

• _Elsa_

And I'm not done yet.  This week it is Christmas Jokes.  Each game community has different Christmas jokes.  If you click on the video link below you can view the entire project.  Enjoy!

!https://youtu.be/drrChfLXrDM

• _Elsa_

Tomorrow is National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day!

On the third Friday of December each year, people all over the U.S. decide to don hilariously hideous Xmas sweaters and inflict this sight on everyone around them. From garish green and red colors to pom-poms and nonsensical designs, there seems to be no end to the dreadfully silly designs on display. You’ll see these knit monstrosities at the office, out on the street, and especially at holiday parties. This isn’t happening by accident. The fashion-savvy and playful hearted participants in this trend are celebrating National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day.

When Did Ugly Sweaters First Enter Public Consciousness?

How did National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day get it start? Like many trends, this one began in fits and starts and has waxed and waned in popularity over the decades. The ugly sweater first became a household meme in the 1980s with The Cosby Show’s, Bill Huxtable leading the way. Chevy Chase’s character in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation added the holiday twist to this look. These well-known leading actors were playing decidedly unhip characters, who had no fashion sense at all. But for some reason, the idea of wearing awful sweaters as an ironic statement, somehow caught on. For a while, ugly holiday sweaters for women and men were easy to find. Then things kind of petered out in the nineties. Perhaps the trend was no match for a decade that was having a love affair with drab emo apparel?

The First Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Revives the Trend                                 

In the early 2000s, the first ugly holiday sweater party was held in Vancouver, Canada. All the guests were instructed to wear a hideous sweater, and interest in ugly sweaters was reborn. Today, the party is still an annual hit and the event routinely sells out the Commodore Ballroom. Not surprisingly, the U.S. picked up on the idea and now there are thousands of ugly sweater parties held all over the nation each year. They can be fundraisers, office holiday parties, community events, pub crawls, or private affairs. The only rule is that they take place in mid-December and everyone MUST wear a tacky sweater.  You can read more here.

• _Elsa_
    edited December 2019
    Here is a teddy bear animated video that I created.  Please click on the image to view it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?