Scenery

smurph25
smurph25 Posts: 8 Level 2

Is anyone else disappointed with the duplicate scenery? After years of playing this game. Searching for where she is in a scene is like a mini game in itself. Also it's fun to go on the journey to different locations. Now it feels like a part of the game has been lost forever.

Comments

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4

Oh, no worries about the various backgrounds, those dont affect gameplay in the slightest. I for one am glad they stopped wasting time on the “story” and new backgrounds as now they can release levels faster than 1 episode per month like they were before.

• smurph25

I know they don't affect gameplay. It just enhances the adventure in my opinion. They also said previously they'd be releasing one per week. That lasted three weeks. Since I don't cheat(I just accumulate all the goodie cards), unless I can't get past one game within a week. I'm on section 125 now. I go back through and work on getting all the stars.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,002 Community Manager

Hello @smurph25 and welcome to the Community!!

Thanks for your feedback, it's always appreciated!!

You said your on episode 125 at the moment (wow!!!). Have you updated your app this week? Episode 126 is out since yesterday! Here you can find some tips given to you by the very developers who design those levels!

Cheers!!🧡

• Dirty_Nurse

What adventure? This is a game of clearing cards from a board not traipsing around the globe. The background could just be black and it would neither add to nor detract from the game in any way.

As for new levels they are added every week on Thursdays and have been since the announcement(with the exception of during Christmas time when three were released at once beforehand then none for a few weeks while everyone was on vacation).

• smurph25

It is an adventure! The background and storyline is what set this game apart from other, more logically monotonous games. I suppose if you think like Spock or Data, then background are irrelevant. So why don't we go back to crank up windows, cloth seats, and no cupholders in cars. We like options, along with bells and whistles. I've been playing this game for 4+yrs and fully enjoy the different graphics most games lack. My imagination requires stimuli above the escapism such games provide.

• Dirty_Nurse
    edited February 2020

The background(not to mention other things in the game like the useless “piggy bank”)serves no purpose unlike the things you mentioned. Not sure why you’d compare car features to a simple free-to-play time-wasting game. I’ve been playing for probably the same amount of time and couldn’t care less about the background as it doesn’t impact gameplay one bit nor is there any type of theme to the levels in a particular episode. Bells, whistles, and options mean nothing if you can’t use them in some way. Thankfully they discontinued the (Edit by CM: Rude)  excuse for a “story” and are now releasing new levels many times faster than before.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,002 Community Manager
    Hello @smurph25 and @Dirty_Nurse!

It's wonderful that you discuss about these changes in the game: as it happens with every change, they're players who like the new version, others who prefer the old one. It's ok as long as you treat each other in a respectful way.  =)
  • smurph25
    Lola_Pop you are correct! I like that we get new levels quicker. Although for me with this game, as in life. It's not so much the destination that's important, but the journey! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?