🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Can I change character

Options
susands68
susands68 Posts: 8 Level 2
edited October 2018 in Support
If you fail a level is there anyway to change your character to try a different way?

Comments

• JustPlaying
    JustPlaying Posts: 4,196 Level 5
    Options
    Hi @susands68 you should be taken back to the character select screen once you run out of moves and you can choose a different character. Previously my non recommended characters would change sometimes if I exited the game and went back in but the recommended remained the same. So if there is only one to choose from they may not change and I have not noticed this lately.  
  • susands68
    susands68 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    That's the problem, I'm just taken back to the character I was using, not the screen with the choices. Frustrating because I can't get past this level and want to switch.
  • JustPlaying
    Options
    What level is It? Sometimes i keep at it and hope for a lucky board 
  • kellyplewis66
    kellyplewis66 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I am having the same problem.  All of a sudden I am not able to choose my own character.   The same one stays for each game.  How so you fix this?
  • JustPlaying
    Options
    Hi @kellyplewis66 what level are you seeing on? Is it showing several and you can't choose or only one? Is it happening on all levels?
  • AlejHerrBar2k3
    AlejHerrBar2k3 Posts: 465 Level 4
    Options
    I don't think this issue had ever happened before. When I play Candy Crush Friends I always use the 'recommended' characters, because they are better for certain levels. There is NO way for a character to appear if it isn't used at all or if a level does not have its requirements; for example, Odus would not be available for a character without purple characters, and Nutcracker would not be available if a level does not have "cup-styled" blockers. If there is only ONE character available for a certain level you unfortunately can't use another character. I do not think this issue happens with ALL the levels in the game, just as @JustPlaying
    implies. But yes, the character selection screen appears after you give up on a level or exit it.
  • JustPlaying
    Options
    @AlejHerrBar2k3 characters change even if they qualify. Several times I have had to redo videos since the recommended character I recorded is no longer available for that level and times what had 3 before only has 1 now. But should not be happening on every level so have to verify.
  • AlejHerrBar2k3
    AlejHerrBar2k3 Posts: 465 Level 4
    Options
    @AlejHerrBar2k3 characters change even if they qualify. Several times I have had to redo videos since the recommended character I recorded is no longer available for that level and times what had 3 before only has 1 now. But should not be happening on every level so have to verify.
    Well, they are King.com, they always make changes to several levels in a game without warning. There are new players that may not know which is the first version of a level to see if it was hard or something else. There even are entirely-changed levels. I'm sorry Justin (sorry for calling you like that; if it offends you then I'll not call you like that again), but King changes levels update through update and you unfortunately cannot avoid it.
  • jeanie5815
    jeanie5815 Posts: 24 Level 2
    Options
    I'm stuck on Level 64. The video shows Yeti?, but I have the clown, the girl tiger, and a blue character to choose from. Why didn't Yeti show up as 1 of my choices as he is in the video? Did I "use him up" in the other Levels and he's "not available" in 64 and up? 
    And also, what's with getting only 5 lives in each game then have to "wait" for it to "fill up"?  And the "piggy bank" is a "joke." 
    Why isn't Candy Crush just like other game sites, where you can "constantly play" without "buying" to play? 
    I am a "paying member" on another game site, and I "choose" to pay monthly and get over 100 games to play without "buying" to "continue to play" and don't have to "wait" til things "fill up" to keep playing..
  • Alansmart
    Alansmart Posts: 1,302 Level 5
    Options
    Hello and welcome aboard @jeanie5815, good news is the "clown" is yeti in a different outfit than his normal one.. so if it is him you want to play with then select the "clown" when you choose who you want to play with.. I hope this has helped you out and have a devine day 🙂

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?