🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Why did the chicken cross the road?

_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
edited July 2019 in Off-topic
I was talking to Tiffi this morning and I asked her if she knew why the chicken crossed the road. 

She proceeded to tell me that the question first appeared in The Knickerbocker, a New York City magazine. An 1847 issue mentioned it as an example of a quip that might seem like a riddle but is in fact a straightforward and unfunny solution–an example of anti-humor:
“...There are ‘quips and quillets’ which seem actual conundrums, but yet are none. Of such is this: ‘Why does a chicken cross the street? Are you ‘out of town?’ Do you ‘give it up?’ Well, then: ‘Because it wants to get on the other side!’”
It's also mentioned in Wikipedia along with the history and variations here.  Our typical answer has always been "To get to the other side!" right? 
Further searching on Google, I found this cute cartoon.

Tiffi just whispered in my ear.............................       

So guys, does anyone have any good Chicken Cross the Road jokes to post here?  Or it just be any good chicken jokes.

Comments

• _Elsa_
    edited July 2019
    I will start this off with some that I found this morning as I was looking for new Knock, Knock jokes.
    Why did the chicken really cross the road?   He thought it was egg-citing!
    Why did the chicken cross the beach?    To get to the other tide!
    What do you call a chicken that crosses the road?  Poultry in motion!
    What do you get when a chicken lays an egg on top of a barn? An eggroll.

• _Elsa_
    And while searching, I also found some non-chicken crossing the road jokes so let's broaden this topic a bit to include other animals too.
    Why did the Cow cross the road?    Because it wanted to go to the moo-vies.
    Why did the turkey cross the road?   To prove he wasn't chicken!
    Why did the turtle cross the road?   To get to the shell station.
    Why did the dinosaur cross the road?   Because chickens hadn't evolved yet.

• _Elsa_
    edited July 2019
    Here's a chicken joke.

A man was driving along a freeway when he noticed a chicken running alongside his car.

He was amazed to see the chicken keeping up with him, as he was doing 50 mph.

He accelerated to 60, and the chicken stayed right next to him.

He sped up to 75 mph, and the chicken passed him.

The man then noticed that the chicken had three legs. So, he followed the chicken down a road and ended up at a farm.

He got out of his car and saw that all the chickens had three legs. He asked the farmer, "What's up with these chickens?"

The farmer said, "Well, everybody likes chicken legs, so I bred a three-legged bird. I'm going to be a millionaire."

The man asked him how they tasted.

The farmer replied, "Don't know, haven't caught one yet."

• sj63
    sj63 Posts: 9 Level 2
    It heard word that there was candy corn

Over on that side😁🤣

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?