DreamDancer
DreamDancer Posts: 286 Level 3

So why am I getting this on Thursday?

Best Answer

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,476 Friends Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

@DreamDancer we will pass the issue on to the studio. So far, you are the player who reported it. So I'm not sure we'll get a quick fix. I think that the Friday bonus needs to be compared to the player's time zone. 

Answers

• DieOmimi
    Options

Hi @DreamDancer what time zone do you live in?

When you posted, it's in Europe: 4:46 p.m. on Friday, July 14, 2023. It is possible that the studio has set the Friday time of most players to send the Friday bonus. To find out, I would therefore like to know which time zone you are.

Thank you very much.

• DreamDancer
    Options

I posted this on Friday because I'm not at this computer when it happens. I've gotten this several times on Thursday afternoon, about 4pm CDT.

• DieOmimi
    Options

Hi @DreamDancer what time zone/country do you live in? I would like to find out the time difference why it appears on Thursday for you. For me, it never arrived on Thursdays. I live in Europe, time zone CEST.

• DieOmimi
    Options

Ah, I just saw it. Your time zone is CDT Central Daylight Time (North America).

I'll ask my colleague @MountainMom if that's happening to her too. I think it's in your time zone.

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,686 Friends Moderator
    Options

@DreamDancer, I am in Mountain Daylight Time for the next few months, but I will let you know what time / day I get the "Friday Bonus." I've seen it in my game but can't remember if it arrived on Thursday. I'll pay more attention this week.

Thanks for the tag @DieOmimi .

• DreamDancer
    Options

@MountainMom Thanks.

Things like using a time zone that is not native to the player seriously affects the appeal of the game overall, this is kin to "Daily Events" in which the time you qualify for the event determines the time you next get the "Daily Event" in that it's not being daily, it's 24 hours after you get the last one.

So that one time I get to log in and play before 5pm means I lose my "Daily Event" because I usually am logging in after 6pm.

• MountainMom
    Options

@DreamDancer, I think my Daily Event in CCFS always resets st the same time each day -- midnight Central Time. But I'll try to verify that. This is not the same in other King games, which may reset the way you described.

• MountainMom
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @DreamDancer, I have confirmed that my Daily Reward in CCFS consistently resets at midnight Central Time. However, my "Friday Bonus" arrived prior to midnight on Thursday. I believe the 2 hours of unlimited lives will begin as soon as you login on Friday (or late Thursday). Please recognize that events in King games are rolled out around the world, so they can appear at different times in different time zones.

• DreamDancer
    edited July 2023
    Options

@MountainMom Which is a sad because I get to play early afternoon on Thursday, and the unlimited lives show up once I'm out of time to play.

I don't get a chance to log in on Friday's till later in the evening.

Overall, that makes this a bug because it's not according to the player's time zone.

• DieOmimi
    Answer ✓
    Options

@DreamDancer we will pass the issue on to the studio. So far, you are the player who reported it. So I'm not sure we'll get a quick fix. I think that the Friday bonus needs to be compared to the player's time zone. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?