Trivia Central!

Comments

• ElsaElsa Posts: 15,206 Superstar
    It's just finding the time to read more and more and more!  Now I have to go look for some trivia for you guys.
    You can find out more about our Superstars here

Please  take note that if you are playing your game on a mobile device all boosters and lives are saved to that device so that you can play the game when you are offline.  Please do not accumulate them because any updates, crashes or device changes can cause these items to be lost.

***Candy Crush Soda Saga now has an "Ideas" category.  Please post your positive ideas on how to improve the game here.

• SeraphicStarSeraphicStar Posts: 1,928 Legend
    Yes @Elsa Yes! I'd LOVE to see some juicy trivia from you! I'm waiting eagerly in anticipation for some delicious factual statements! :chuffed:
    Avid Candy Crush Friends player and poster of silly things for forumite amusements! Stay Sweet All!
    Favorite Current Threads:
    1. Two Words Quote Games
    2. Lets Count Continue 5001
    The Lovely Fairy Bow Kimmy!

• ElsaElsa Posts: 15,206 Superstar
    edited March 21
    It will have to wait because it’s time to make lunch.

Please  take note that if you are playing your game on a mobile device all boosters and lives are saved to that device so that you can play the game when you are offline.  Please do not accumulate them because any updates, crashes or device changes can cause these items to be lost.

***Candy Crush Soda Saga now has an "Ideas" category.  Please post your positive ideas on how to improve the game here.

• mysticalmystymysticalmysty Posts: 4,709 Legend
    edited March 21
    In Bali they celebrate New Year Day  with silent. I know it sounds crazy but it is, the day when the whole island shut down, which mean no activity, no work not even electricity, everyone just meditating, you will get fine if you get caught being outside of your house. This day called Nyepi. I don’t know if I can say I was lucky to experienced these when I was living there ?. Bali also has they own calendar it called Pawukon and has only 210 days, according to this calendar each year is divided by 6 months and every month has 35 days. 
    Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.      
  • firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 4,076 Superstar
    Thanks for sharing these magnificent facts with us @mysticalmysty I don't find it crazy. Silence is something we all should practice more. Being aligned with your inner self. I am so happy that you could experience something like that 🙏🏻 And it just gave me an idea that I could practice the same, not on New Year's day, but maybe I should choose another day and apply it every year. Although, when I was in China, I had a lot of silent moments with myself and I really miss that. Can't wait to go abroad again and organize my life the way I want.

The only way outside is inside. Namaste 🙏🏻
    edited March 24
    And I always love talking  about my experienced living in Bali, I hope no one get tired of my trivia  : A day before Nyepi *continuing from the previous trivia, they do have a parade called Ngupruk parade where the making Ogoh-ogoh statues that have a form of mythology beings - mostly demons. Ogoh-ogoh is normally standing on the pads built of timber of planks and bamboos lifted and carried by 8 or more men around the village and accompanied by orchestral music. After being paraded Ogoh-ogoh finally burnt to ashes in a cemetery as symbol of self-purification.
    Here is a little bit about the homeland of our delicious King games 😊 Sweden is so efficient that only one percent of its garbage ends up in a landfill.

Hey @firebombmarkus is that why the fish in the game are called "Swedish Fish"? O.o
    Avid Candy Crush Friends player and poster of silly things for forumite amusements! Stay Sweet All!
    1. Two Words Quote Games

edited March 25
    Swedish Fish is type / brand of soft chewy candy almost like gummy bear @SeraphicStar
    Ah @mysticalmysty darn I thought I was being clever, but I guess not :anguished:

Anyway let's put down some more trivia here.

Today I'd like to talk about a common weather effect we all know.... LIGHTNING! 🌩⚡

Okay so I'm sure many of you know how lightning works and all that, so some of this may just be review.

Okay so lightning is an electrical current that originates from clouds (I'm sure most of you know this). When the ground is hot it heats the air above it and this hot air rises. As the air rises, water vapour cools and forms a cloud. When air continues to rise, the cloud gets bigger and bigger. In the tops of the clouds, temperature is below freezing and the water vapour turns into ice.

Now, the cloud becomes a thundercloud. Lots of small bits of ice bump into each other as they move around. All these collisions cause a build up of electrical charge.

Eventually, the whole cloud fills up with electrical charges. Lighter, positively charged particles form at the top of the cloud. Heavier, negatively charged particles sink to the bottom of the cloud.

When the positive and negative charges grow large enough, a giant spark - lightning - occurs between the two charges within the cloud. This is like a static electricity sparks you see, but much bigger.

Now here's an interesting fact about lightning! 

The United Nation's World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) has just announced that the longest lightning strike on record was a 2007 bolt in Oklahoma that stretched 321 km(200 miles) - almost reaching from one side of the state to the other.

That of course is a bit of older news since it occured back in 2007, but still quite interesting I must say! O.o 

I hope you guys enjoy this bit of lightning trivia and look forward to hearing more of yours! :3

1. Two Words Quote Games

The lyrebird can mimic almost any sounds it hears — including chainsaws.

Wildlife watchers have recorded the Australian species copying not only other birds but other animals, like koalas, and artificial sounds such as car alarms and camera shutters.

The Bird of Paradise is one of the most unique species bird on earth. There are about 42 species of them some of the species are threatened by hunting and habitat lost, native to New Guinea, Western Australia and Indonesia. They famously know for the elaborate dance of the males. The male birds have a beautiful array of feathers while the female typically small with brown feathers. Here’s some image that I would love to share.
    They are adorable 😍 Thanks for sharing @mysticalmysty It's actually frustrating to know there are a lot of endangered species today and the reason for that is mankind.

Wildlife poaching is so devastating @firebombmarkus
    edited March 31

Hello fellow Trivia Goers, SeraphicStar here, and today I would like to offer some trivia about some of the largest bodies of water on earth... Oceans! 😆

Okay so as many of you guys know our Earths Oceans cover more than 70% of our Earths Surface! Also about 97% of all of our Earths water can be found in our Oceans! 😳

Now for some more interesting trivia about our oceans! In most of the deep ocean is under pressures of 3000 to 9000 pounds per square inch (or about the equivalent of 100 to 300 times the air pressure in automobile tires) That's a lot of pressure! 😳

Finally, here's some interestimg trivia about the "Mariana Trench". It is 35,802 ft (10,912 m) at the deepest point of the trench (and the deepest point on earth) the pressure is over 8 tons per square inch, or the equivalent of an average-sized woman holding up 48 jumbo jets! I don't know about any of you, but I'd never be able to hold up even one jumbo jet lol...

I hope you guys enjoyed this trivia and look forward to hearing more from you! ☺

1. Two Words Quote Games