🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Trivia Central!

Comments

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    edited March 2019
    And I always love talking  about my experienced living in Bali, I hope no one get tired of my trivia  : A day before Nyepi *continuing from the previous trivia, they do have a parade called Ngupruk parade where the making Ogoh-ogoh statues that have a form of mythology beings - mostly demons. Ogoh-ogoh is normally standing on the pads built of timber of planks and bamboos lifted and carried by 8 or more men around the village and accompanied by orchestral music. After being paraded Ogoh-ogoh finally burnt to ashes in a cemetery as symbol of self-purification.
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Here is a little bit about the homeland of our delicious King games 😊 Sweden is so efficient that only one percent of its garbage ends up in a landfill.
  • SeraphicStar
    SeraphicStar Posts: 4,536 Legend
    Hey @firebombmarkus is that why the fish in the game are called "Swedish Fish"? O.o
  • mysticalmysty
    edited March 2019
    Swedish Fish is type / brand of soft chewy candy almost like gummy bear @SeraphicStar
  • SeraphicStar
    Ah @mysticalmysty darn I thought I was being clever, but I guess not :anguished:

Anyway let's put down some more trivia here.

Today I'd like to talk about a common weather effect we all know.... LIGHTNING! 🌩⚡

Okay so I'm sure many of you know how lightning works and all that, so some of this may just be review.

Okay so lightning is an electrical current that originates from clouds (I'm sure most of you know this). When the ground is hot it heats the air above it and this hot air rises. As the air rises, water vapour cools and forms a cloud. When air continues to rise, the cloud gets bigger and bigger. In the tops of the clouds, temperature is below freezing and the water vapour turns into ice.

Now, the cloud becomes a thundercloud. Lots of small bits of ice bump into each other as they move around. All these collisions cause a build up of electrical charge.

Eventually, the whole cloud fills up with electrical charges. Lighter, positively charged particles form at the top of the cloud. Heavier, negatively charged particles sink to the bottom of the cloud.

When the positive and negative charges grow large enough, a giant spark - lightning - occurs between the two charges within the cloud. This is like a static electricity sparks you see, but much bigger.

Now here's an interesting fact about lightning! 

The United Nation's World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) has just announced that the longest lightning strike on record was a 2007 bolt in Oklahoma that stretched 321 km(200 miles) - almost reaching from one side of the state to the other.

That of course is a bit of older news since it occured back in 2007, but still quite interesting I must say! O.o 

I hope you guys enjoy this bit of lightning trivia and look forward to hearing more of yours! :3

• firebombmarkus
    The lyrebird can mimic almost any sounds it hears — including chainsaws.

Wildlife watchers have recorded the Australian species copying not only other birds but other animals, like koalas, and artificial sounds such as car alarms and camera shutters.

• mysticalmysty
    The Bird of Paradise is one of the most unique species bird on earth. There are about 42 species of them some of the species are threatened by hunting and habitat lost, native to New Guinea, Western Australia and Indonesia. They famously know for the elaborate dance of the males. The male birds have a beautiful array of feathers while the female typically small with brown feathers. Here’s some image that I would love to share.
  • firebombmarkus
    They are adorable 😍 Thanks for sharing @mysticalmysty It's actually frustrating to know there are a lot of endangered species today and the reason for that is mankind.
  • mysticalmysty
    Wildlife poaching is so devastating @firebombmarkus
  • SeraphicStar
    edited March 2019

Hello fellow Trivia Goers, SeraphicStar here, and today I would like to offer some trivia about some of the largest bodies of water on earth... Oceans! 😆

Okay so as many of you guys know our Earths Oceans cover more than 70% of our Earths Surface! Also about 97% of all of our Earths water can be found in our Oceans! 😳

Now for some more interesting trivia about our oceans! In most of the deep ocean is under pressures of 3000 to 9000 pounds per square inch (or about the equivalent of 100 to 300 times the air pressure in automobile tires) That's a lot of pressure! 😳

Finally, here's some interestimg trivia about the "Mariana Trench". It is 35,802 ft (10,912 m) at the deepest point of the trench (and the deepest point on earth) the pressure is over 8 tons per square inch, or the equivalent of an average-sized woman holding up 48 jumbo jets! I don't know about any of you, but I'd never be able to hold up even one jumbo jet lol...

I hope you guys enjoyed this trivia and look forward to hearing more from you! ☺

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?