🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Trivia Central!

Comments

• Narta1612
    Narta1612 Posts: 117 Level 3
    Joseph45 said:
    Hello guys! Here is something that I find very interesting! Did you know that people saw the planet Uranus before we even saw Antarctica? In fact, Uranus was discovered in 1781, and Antarctica was not discovered until almost 40 years later in 1820! Weird how people saw another planet before seeing another continent on our own planet. 
    That’s interesting, I didn't know that...Tnx for sharing 🤔😉
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    I was reading about animals and I found out something very interesting and funny, too. Alex, an African grey parrot was the first and only non-human animal to ask an existential question. He asked what color he was.
  • mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    edited April 2019
    Carrots used to be purple . Before the 17th Century. The modern day orange carrot wasn’t cultivated until Dutch growers in late 16th Century took mutant strains of the purple carrot and gradually develop them into the sweet, plump, orange variety we have today. The other  fact : it is actually possible to turn your skin of orange by massively over consuming orange carrot 🥕🤔 
  • Joseph45
    Joseph45 Posts: 1,582 Level 5
    edited April 2019
    Very interesting guys! Here’s another fact for you guys! Did you know that it wasn’t until 1804 when the world population finally reached 1 billion? Now, 215 years later here in 2019, that number has risen to around 7.7 billion, thanks to the advancement of modern technology and medicine. 
  • firebombmarkus
    edited April 2019
    The official, full name of Bangkok is quite a mouthful. Try saying it once, let alone 10 times fast! Here goes:

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit

• Joseph45
    Wow, that sure is a mouthful to say @firebombmarkus! I don’t think I was able to pronounce most of those words correctly! Thank goodness we just say Bangkok! Much easier! Thanks for sharing! Anyway, here’s another fact for you guys! Did you know that the Pacific Ocean is so big, that it is bigger than all of the land area on earth combined? That sure is pretty big if you ask me! 
  • firebombmarkus
    I agree @Joseph45 I will stick with Bangkok too 😁 Didn't know about the Pacific Ocean. It's huge 😱
  • firebombmarkus
    Did you know that there is an American town with a population of one? Monowi, Nebraska is the only town in the United States with an official population of one person. Yes, she owes taxes... to herself! She is in her 80s and she is employed as village's mayor, librarian and bartender.
  • Joseph45
    Wow, really!? It would be kind of nice to own your own town and, well, owe money to yourself! Very interesting @firebombmarkus
  • firebombmarkus
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, I guess she is a lucky 80 years old girl 🤗 @Joseph45

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?