1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Trivia Central!

Options

Comments

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    Options
    I haven’t experienced any spooky thing every time I went there, maybe because mostly the time I passed that road   during day time @firebombmarkus
  • mysticalmysty
    edited May 2019
    Options
    After 31 years the biggest even in NYC for month of May is Fleet Week, the time of the year when the whole city will filled with 3.100 men in white uniform members of  the US Navy, US Coast Guard and US Marine. Fleet Week kicks off with ‘parade of ships’ during which massive aircraft carriers, giant warships, historic vessels, and fighter jet cruise along the Hudson River. After the parade the ships will dock on some part of the river, and some of them will open for public tours for a week long before the all leave on Monday the Memorial Day. I just have to feel like to brought this in honor of my ex husband who was in US Navy and my dad who was a Marine. Happy Memorial Day weekend 🇺🇸 And special shout out for @bearwithme from the bottom of my heart I thank you for your service 🙏🏼 

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Here is something you might want to know @mysticalmysty

Lake Superior State University in Michigan offers a unicorn hunting license.
     Unsurprisingly, the “chief herald of the Unicorn Hunters” was once quoted saying: “The pursuit of the unicorn is a lonely quest.” We wish them nothing but good luck! 
  • mysticalmysty
    Options
    Oh no... I would never go to Michigan ever again @firebombmarkus 😄
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,955 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Wow - this is the first time I’ve seen this thread. (Thanks for the shout-out with Fleet week @mysticalmysty I thank your family for their service too).
    Here’s a bit of trivia about my state - Texas. It comes from the word Tejas  which is an Indian word meaning friendly. 
  • Joseph45
    Joseph45 Posts: 1,582 Level 5
    Options
    Hello everyone! I know it’s been a while since I’ve shared any new facts with you guys, but I’ve got one for you guys right now! Since its Independence Day here in the United States, I thought I would share with you a fact about today: today marks 243 years since the Declaration of Independence was signed! Wow, that more than two centuries ago! Thank you so much for reading, and Happy Independence Day to all of our community members in the USA! 
  • firebombmarkus
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this @Joseph45 Since I am not living in the USA I am not celebrating this holiday but I will use this opportunity to wish a Happy Independence Day to you 🤗
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,955 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Here is a little bit of trivia about the month of July: July was renamed for Julius Caesar, and is the seventh month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar, and is 31 days long. In prior years, it was called Quintilis.  Just think - Americans could have been saying - "Happy 4th of Quintilis"  Don't have the same ring does it?
  • firebombmarkus
    Options
    This is interesting 😊 @bearwithme Thanks for sharing. 
  • Joseph45
    Joseph45 Posts: 1,582 Level 5
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Very interesting @bearwithme! Here’s another fact for you guys: Did you know that the Maldive Islands, which are located south of India in the Indian Ocean, has the lowest highest elevation of any other country on earth? It’s maximum elevation is only 2 meters (or about 6-8 feet) above sea level. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?