🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

We want your feedback on the Bubble Gum Troll quest!

Comments

• LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    edited June 2019
    I was going to say I didn't see him and spoke too soon. I will write a review later!
  • Hi @e_nemesis22 and @y2jsgal

I hope you both have been able to start the event by now but in case you haven't, a few things to note about the event:

1) You have to be on the latest version of the game in order to get the event, It went out just a few days ago so triple check :-) 
    2) You have to be online in order to start the event for the first time.  Your game will need to download a small file in order to start the event (That's how we tell the game that it's time to wake up the Bubblegum Troll)
    3) While connected to the internet you can close the app and re-open it, not minimize it but fully close the app unfortunately that's a per phone sort of thing so I can't really tell you how to do that but I'm sure player support can help :-)
    4) If you were offline when you started the event when you come online you might have to wait a bit (up to an hour) as there are restrictions on how often we can send messages to check for the file I talked about in #2
    5) There is a very, very, very, small group of players that will not be able to get the event, if you have gotten any events in the past like Nutcracker King of Hearts or Olivia then you should get the event

Those are my tips and tricks I'll see if I can find more when I come into the office tomorrow if those don't work...but they should...Famous last words!
  • e_nemesis22
    e_nemesis22 Posts: 20 Level 2
    Thank you for your reply. I’ve made sure I have the latest update of the game (I got an update on my App Store yesterday) and I’m playing at home on my iPad where I have WiFi
    Since my husband has the bubble gum troll quest (he plays on his phone) that’s how I found out about it. I’ve tried closing the app, reopening, deleting the app and reinstalling it, restarting my iPad and nothing has helped. 
    I’ve been playing for over an hour today and still no quest. 
    Also I didn’t get to play the Olivia event (I checked here and read that only a few were selected to play it) 
    I’m on level 1279 so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it since I haven’t played a challenge/event/quest in a while.

• Kajai
    Kajai Posts: 40 Level 2
    edited June 2019
    After I have beaten level 1316 the first special level appeared for me. It was super easy. I have beaten it with a lot of moves left and got 20 points of 600 for unlocking the character. The problem is getting to the next one. I have to beat level 1319 for it. If each of those special levels gives 20 points and they appear each time after 3 normal levels, I need to beat 90 levels is those 13 days. This is really, really hard at high levels. 5 tries are practically never enough anymore for beating a level. Sometimes I need a lot more and a life only replenishes itself every 30 minutes.

Edit:

Thanks to the hard work of mostly one teammate our little group got over that first group goal of 800 points now. One of the rewards was 200 points for unlocking the character. This makes it much easier. And I also saw now when I looked at old regular levels, that you can play some with the bubble gum troll. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe you can get points for the group with replaying old levels? Though getting to some easier ones would require a lot of scrolling back.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    I have started it and am currently leading in my group. There seem to be a variety of rewards including  lollipops, character boosters, extra lives and points towards others goals within the game as well as the troll himself! The format is a little like Sodas Soda Squad but a lot better and what appears to be a lot better reward system. 
  • Michele_Winter
    Michele_Winter Posts: 6 Level 2
    y2jsgal said:
    The event is not showing up on my phone. My game is updated.

QueenMia said:

Hello Friends Crew! 

I hope you're all having a fantastic day! 

I am sure that you all have already noticed our new event with... our King Chewy! Spreading sticky pinky gum everywhere, the Bubble Gum Troll has entered the Friends Kingdom!

Our amazing Candy Friends Studio has worked hard to deliver another exceptional Quest. They all put so much passion in it and it shows :heart: Thanks guys for such great fun! 

Please let us know what you think about the special Quest and King Chewy and don't be afraid to give us plenty of details - That would mean a lot to us and help us make the game sweeter than ever🍒

If you want more info about the Bubble Gum Troll event, check here.

• Michele_Winter
    Michele_Winter Posts: 6 Level 2
    I don’t have the new event on my iPhone either and the game is updated
  • flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
    edited June 2019
    @CandyCrushinator @QueenMia I applaud the team in creating the Bubble Gum Troll Quest and adding the new character in the game. Bravo! The team quest is an innovative way for the quest, however, it is also is a frustrating way to earn the reward box. It is because you need the random players on your team to be actively playing to add up the score. 

• KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    edited June 2019
    Hi All - loving the new event since King Chewy 🍩 is very near and dear to my heart 💜.

For those of you unable to get the event to start I highly recommend you log out of the game, clear your cache & cookies and the power off your device for at least 10-15 seconds. Then once you power up and log back in you might need to play a level or scroll down thru a portal box to get it to kick start like @CandyCrushinator suggested.

My only frustration is it appears the rest of my team only played the first level level or two and that’s it. I’ve worked my tail off and will continue to do so until Chewy is home 😁💪🏻 

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    I do completely agreed on this with @Foley1362 I wish we have the switch partner option just like on Candy Crush saga Dynamic Duo, other than that I really enjoying this event 😊
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?