🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

We want your feedback on Rachel and her Quest!

Options

Comments

• Devim
    Devim Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    This is another event I don't have in my game. It's so frustrating. My wife gets to play every single event while I just don't get them. I tried EVERYTHING. Clear cache, reconnect, even reinstall. Nothing 😔
  • Simon888
    Simon888 Posts: 289 Level 4
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It is the worst part of the game that some players don't even get the events. So some players will have to play all the 'Free the Octopuses' levels without Olivia. Is that correct? 
    The only workaround I can see is to install the game on multiple devices and multiple  systems -  Windows 10, iOS, Android. ( Not always possible)
    This event only appeared on Windows 10 for me, not Android.
  • hrbooth20
    hrbooth20 Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options
    BQN537 said:
    You get Rachel when you finish the star quest hope this helps🐙
    I received it at the end of the ten levels, my husband didn’t. Every other quest has seen the character released at the end of the ten levels and then a star quest for extras. I suspect this is an error on this one that they will hopefully resolve. 
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,685 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Well guys, this is my feedback on Rachel!  She woke me up this morning and asked if I needed any help today.  She dragged me by my arm and took me to a level and asked if I need help clearing this.  She has got to be the cutest character from all of them.  What I am not understanding and hopefully a Kingster can let me know this.  Why does she grab hold of her tail?  I love her taking out the tube of paint and I love when she jumps on it but I don't understand why she is grabbing her tail.

Just to let you all know, I started a new story with her and guess who else?  Rancid the raccoon from Farm Heroes!  I am a bit more than half way through the story.  Rancid hears that Rachel just arrived in Candy Town and since she is also a raccoon he has to meet her!  Oh when he does, the sparks from fly his heart.  He falls madly in love with her.  He even carries a French/English dictionary with him so that he can translate his love words into French.  "Oh mon chéri, Je t-aime de tout mon cœur".  ....... "oh my sweetheart, I love you with all my heart!"   Isn't that sweet!  Now I think I will have him look to find some maccaroons for her!

Seriously speaking, it's taking me a while to get used to the rainbow candy that she throws out.  I was able to swipe 2 together and the candy got spread in both directions.  It's pretty cool matching it with a wrapped candy and then you see 4 wrapped candies appear and boom!  Also it's really neat to see it match up with a color bomb.  The explosions are totally awesome!  Yet I still remain behind all of you players!  But I was able to play a couple of levels with her in the game already.

• Phred0069
    Phred0069 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Sofia1992 said:
    Well, I'm on level 3 of this challenge now.
    And Rachel's ability is so cool.
    I love it and I hope to get her soon in my team!
    The levels are a little hard but I will gonna try my best to complete them!

• pasohns
    pasohns Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I cannot get past level 5. 😥
  • seximrtoffee
    seximrtoffee Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options
    Kajai said:

@DroneDome @Elsa @Sofia1992
    I figured out what's going on!
    There's definitely a design flaw or glitch going on. I have been stuck in level 3, attempted it hundreds of times- there's no way I could not be able to have passed it by now. 
    How do I know there's a definite glitch? Either that, or a MAJOR design flaw OR Rachel is the worst Friend of all time and I wouldn't want her "abilities" for a dirty sock in my drawer. 
    Because: I have tried this level with "luck" on my side, we all know about this, when it rains color bombs and the other color bomb candies unexpectedly to your delight... I had three of them detonate! When I paired Rachel's rainbow block with the most powerful booster bomb, (this has happened MANY times) I just paid close attention to what happens... It only removes 3 candies next to it. That CAN'T be right. I wish i could take a video.  If someone knows how to do this, let me know. I'm convinced this not how king intended... The levels are so difficult because we're so excited to use the rainbow block we keep wasting our precious color bombs by mixing them.with her candy. 

Here's a tip: try ignoring Rachel's rainbow candies and working the level out with only the boosters you make yourself. 

Rachel's ability is a bit stupid. Let's say you have a color bomb (the brown one with colorful dots on it) and a rainbow candy from Rachel next to each other. If you combine both but in the direction of the way you combine them are candies behind blockers, then the rainbow candy will just remove one layer of blockers of the candies next to it. If the candies are totally free though with really nothing behind or above them, then the rainbow candy will turn those normal free candies into color bombs. It is the same for the other special candies like striped, wrapped and fish candies. The rainbow candy only does something useful with them, if in the direction you combine them are free candies.

So just to be sure, have you tried to combine them when the candies next to it were free?

Ok- @dronedome @elsa @kajai @sofia1992
    So I have a pretty clear cut example of the design flaw that I'm experiencing: 
    Level 7 in Macaroons in Paris w Rachel... There are two conveyor belts on each side of the main jelly matrix maze-- the level prompts you to begin the jelly spreading process by mixing the already in position rainbow candies with green striped candies. 

This is one of those levels in which there has already been pre-established special candy pairings set up for you to detonate immediately upon starting the level - this is also the case with level 6 right before it with several coloring candies already laid out. 

mixing a rainbow candy with a striped candy essentially wastes a move here... 

This is so so important! I'm sure this is why people are having such difficulty. The only effect of mixing these two is that they disappear and two new candies replace them! 
  • seximrtoffee
    Options
    @Elsa @DroneDome @Sofia1992 @Kajai
    Forgot to mention, in my screen shots above, those are my consecutive moves from an original 25 moves. Hopefully you can easily see the point I'm trying to make here!!
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,685 Sweet Legend
    Options
    When I did that level and swiped the rainbow with the striped it threw out 3 striped candies in the middle, and that did damage.  I just tried to get into it on my phone to check out that level but it won't let me back in because I completed all 10 of them.  It just takes me to the star chaser.  I remember that during the game another rainbow candy with a special candy showed up in that same area and I was able to do it again.  So it doesn't always remain as a green and striped or 2 green that you are showing in your print screen.
  • seximrtoffee
    Options

Without rambling, I figured out my final and most essential point about candy crush!!

Players don't necessarily seek outrageous challenges in Candy Crush Saga...(The range for intellectual strain is not very vast-its a pretty simple formula) 

I play these games for:
    1} their therapeutic value as they help to de-stress
     2} the brief escape from the daily grind into a colorful imaginative virtual playground
    3} the utterly shameless instant gratification and short-lived dopaminergically pleasing rewards, congratulatory banners and positive  (These superficially  offer the unexpressed praise that's inherently missing in our lives from our co-workers, superiors, family members, significant others, etc.) 

Every player seeks different things from playing this game. For those who truly enjoy a challenge - have at it! For people like me, (who I believe encompass most of the fans worldwide), the unbeatable levels take away from the game's escapist appeal. 
    reinforcement.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?