➡️ Have you passed level 5000? Come grab your badge HERE!
🔥 All that's Hot Right Now! 🌶

Arenas: tips, hints, ideas, screenshots and more!

Nikolaos_ProdromidisNikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 1,804 Level 4
edited April 28 in The Royal Championship

Hi everybody!

I start a new discussion focused on arenas, their characteristics, tips, opinions and anything we know from our experience!

The target is to play better, knowing the

specifics of each arena!

There are totally 16 arenas, but only 9 of them are in use. I divide them into 2 groups:

• The old "classic" arenas , which are arenas 1 - 7 and
  • The "new" arenas , which are arenas 8 - 16.

The "classic" arenas introduced into the game during it's first period!

The others introduced during the first lockdown in 2020 and then.

One main difference is that all the "classic" arenas have 14 moves, while the "new" have 12 or even 10 moves!

Another key feature is that the "classic" ones have 5 candie colors, while the "new" ones have mainly 4 candie colors. This looks meaningless in the beginning, but is related to the percentage of red/blue candies, so to how faster or not the boosters fill up! It also affects the continous candiedropping!

I stop here my introduction!

@channie8 can you help me tagging active players?

@headoperations

@NamTruong2001

@MimisBug

@95chata

@alsto40

@Allouna76

@rainbowshadow

@janeau_owl

Prev134567

Comments

• Nikolaos_ProdromidisNikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 1,804 Level 4
    edited April 29

Arena 1, not in use.

Moves: 14

Jelly goal: 45

Candie colors: 5

Special characteristic: purple candies!

• Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• Lady_SarinaLady_Sarina Posts: 3,134 Jelly Moderator

You my Jelly Brother, are a Legend!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🤗😃

Love, love love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤩😍🤣🤣🤣

• headoperationsheadoperations Posts: 4,742 Level 5

@NikolaosProdromidis @channie8

There is an old thread that I haven’t seen in a long time that was started like this.

It wasn’t organized well, but there were a few real good posts in it about a few arenas. I think @ClarenceBeaks was who posted the good stuff in it.

• magnolia81magnolia81 Posts: 3 Level 2

Annoyed I keep having to play the same arena over and over when there are several arenas available.

• MimisBugMimisBug Posts: 60 Level 2
    edited April 28

Thank you so much @NikolaosProdromidis for the thread and the tag .. you rock!! I, too, keep having to play the same 3 arenas, sometimes I get thrown a 4th. Feels like I have been playing this since the start but for the life of me I don't remember some you have posted 🤔

One thing everyone needs to remember about me, my memory stinks 🤣 My three kids hijacked the crazy train about 14 years ago and have held me hostage ever since 😳 BUT when it comes to things I love and am interested in I can be pretty savvy 😜

The community here is the best though and I appreciate that and each and every one of you greatly 🥰

I am currently out of tickets on RC so I'm going to work on a painting for a bit. I will catch you all in a few hours 👩‍🎨

@headoperations thanks for reminding this! I also have some posts there!

We have 2 options then:

• Merging the 2 discussions or
    • Continue this one as is.

@channie8 we need your opinion here!

edited April 28

Thanks @NamTruong2001 for that thread I love that it was an easy link! Great form!! :0)

@NikolaosProdromidis I only got a quick look at it but from what I saw I absolutely loved @ClarenceBeaks style!

@headoperations was correctumundo! There's some awesome pics there and they're our own!! Gosh I'm so excited right now!!

You guys totally awesomely rock!!!

I think we need to keep it clean and fresh! No random merging just the pics of the boards! Nik you're so good at them! A pic and your info! Keep it simple :0) Why mess with something that isn't broken🤣🤣🤣🤣

So continue with this one and just add the pics! Does that sound okay to you Jelly Brothers and Sisters?🤔🤗

edited April 28

O.K. Then I continue to Arena 2. We wait it to come tomorrow or on Saturday's event!

Jelly goal: 43

Candie colors 5

After the middle area is free of blockers, play there with care.

This board is also very "vulnerable" to the combination: striped candy + wrapped candy. The player who gets it, may win easily!

Okay no worries @NikolaosProdromidis

You got this!!

Cool as!!! So excited!

• NamTruong2001NamTruong2001 Posts: 2,300 Level 5
    edited April 28

@NikolaosProdromidis um, I think you need to add "jelly goal" to make information more clear.

Arena 3:

This is the "tricky" arena with the three almost separated areas!

Jelly goal: 47

Candie colors: 5

Thete is a "safe zone" for each player, while playing in the middle needs care and hides some "dangers".

A common mistake is to open some blocked places in the middle and let opponent free the wrapped candy and bring it beside the colorbomb!

If you make a mistake early in the game, there is time to cover it.

@NamTruong2001 thanks for the advice for jelly goal, it is better now! 🙂

Ok, since @NikolaosProdromidis has uploaded these arena pictures, now I also share my opinions and experiences.

ARENA 2:

This arena is half easy and half tough because of its structure. Especially when a player has striped + wrapped candy, it is luck or bad. Free the color bomb may be luck or bad, too.

You need to spread the jelly at the middle and wrapped candies may help you remove some layers of cupcakes at the bottom. Horizontal striped candy will help you clear swirls. The center of the board gives you at least 15 jelly or 20 jelly for free, but it can be a chance for opponents. Remember to save lollipop at the right time before opponent has a chance to lock you from using special candies.

ARENA 3:

Like ARENA 2, the middle column contains a lot of jelly for both players. First, you need to spread your jelly on your side (I see you will get 34 jelly when clearing all blockers). The important part is the middle. And remember to save lollipop when you have a chance. For what? When the opponent clears cupcakes at the middle column, wrapped candy may be a helper for you to remove cupcakes. And use the bomb wisely if there is a jelly on the row.

However, with 5 colors. We don't know if they are mean or not, because when you do not have any matches in your side, you have to match at the middle board. That's very dangerous.

@NamTruong2001 thanks for the in depth analysis!

Arena 4, it was my nemesis many times, but I extremely like it!

Jelly goal: 45

Candy colors: 5

edited April 28

Continue

ARENA 4:

also5 colors, but the hard thing is locked swirls. The cascade process will be reduced if it is not unlocked. This arena has a lot of ways to start:

* Play under the board. It will help you clear layers of cupcakes, but unlocking jelly will be a bit hard.

* Play at the middle. You must unlock jelly so that opponent can not lock your wrapped candy. You may get a giant blast or not if cupcake is not cleared.

Now is colorbomb. You have 2 ways to use it. But, remember to save your lollipop and use it wisely.

* Make a stried blast so that it will be covered by your jelly.

* Unlock the swirl under colorbomb at your side (row 5). But in order to to that you must have fullly 2 move to perform. First, make match to clear that swirl you have unlocked at row 5 so that color bomb will slide down, then use it with your jelly.

The last part is at the middle, on the top of the board. Fish + Vertical Striped may be a helper for this.

So your side will have fully 35 jelly when clearing all blockers. The strategy is yours.