๐Ÿฅ‡First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

So people don't cheat huh๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Options

Comments

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    Options

I also wish you a nice day! ๐Ÿ˜€

For me the program says: Outdoors activities! (a visit on the beach is possible!) ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• cheers2u
    cheers2u Posts: 96 Level 2
    edited June 2022
    Options

Iโ€™ve been playing RC for about two years! Itโ€™s addictive. During this time, Iโ€™ve learned to be strategic and thoughtful in my moves because Iโ€™m in it to win it! I use 24 hour tickets and boosters and am usually at the top of the leaderboard. Not once in my time here have I ever thought someone was cheating, how would they, anyway? Itโ€™s ludicrous. Enjoy the game โ€ฆ thereโ€™s no plots or hidden agendas โ€ฆ itโ€™s a game ๐Ÿฅ‚

• NatalieG
    NatalieG Posts: 628 Pro Player 👑
    Options

@smackim1son,

I am not a gamer, but I do play a lot of Royal Championship. I will purchase a 24 hour play after my first five tickets are used. When the 24 hour play runs out, I will use the five tickets then purchase another 24 hour play. I NEVER use my gold bars to keep a streak! However, I will use my gold bars to purchase boosters and blockers and I am so very glad that the option to purchase boosters and blockers is back. I hope it NEVER goes away again. I will purchase gold bars in Jelly Saga, usually when my ๐Ÿ– bank is full. I also purchase gold bars from the play store, usually 250 at a time, which cost $29.99.

I have NEVER thought of anyone cheating. I always chocked it up as the player got lucky and the "Cascading Candies God" was on there side. The luck of the draw.

However, it is VERY easy for a player to make such a "comeback" to be down that many points to overtake your score. I have done it! I thought I had a screenshot of the Championship of my score but I don't. I can say that I scored 694 points for my win. As I said before, I purchase 24 hour play and at the beginning of this Championship, I have 19:53:53 to start the next Championship. I agree with @Nikolaos_Prodromidis, you CAN'T cheat in this game. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not. But if you are persistent you can reach those higher levels.

• holliedolly2002
    holliedolly2002 Posts: 120 Level 2
    Options

Wow is you leader board score as big as your ego!!!! You say its just a game but then say you are in it to win it so which is it? Players like you who rely on the extra boosters are exactly why I stopped playing. The calibre of the players now is awful blocking from the get go with a heavy reliance on extra boosters. Just a point though I am a pro player on Candy Crush Soda (so pretty okayish player) and when I played RC I also topped the leader board most of the time and I did this by rarely using blockers and I have never once used the charged up boosters, I literally have thousands sat there unused. I would start playing again if they got rid of blockers to me they serve no purpose other than to mess up your opponents game. I would love to see just how good these players are without blockers, my game wouldn't change as I placed no reliance on them whatsoever. Also it is possible to top the leader board just through excessive play - does not mean you are a brilliant player. The players who impress me are the ones with standard boosters, minimal blocking and skill. The moment I came across a player with their double lollipop hammers I just thought rubbish player has to bang their way to a win. The fun went out of this game when the test groups changed its just become a nasty unhealthy game. I am glad you still enjoy it and realise their are many players who do I was one of them but for me I am completely done it needs some serious changes (not sure what or how) but for me I am well and truly out and no longer even miss it. It was a very unhealthy habit and I am glad the cycle has been broken.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    Options

Hi everybody!

@holliedolly2002, as I previously said, I don't like blockers at all! I believe also that the use of the 2 powerful hammers has to be restricted! However, because boosters are part of the game and they are available, I use them as other players do!

I use boosters when I am on a chest match, because these matches are more "difficult"! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

The point is that because boosters are also available via purchase, it is more often to face opponents who have two powerful boosters or powerful booster + blocker! I know then that this match is probably lost! On the other hand, testing to play some matches selecting the two powerful boosters, I realised that this is not enough to always win! I lost a lot of matches having the two powerful hammers, while my opponent had only pink lollipop + cage!! ๐Ÿ˜

Sometimes the algorithm plays strange games, making the whole situation more "challenging"! The only factor that makes me unhappy is that loosing streak, you have to go back! Without this feature, the game could be more relaxing! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• GotaDunQH
    GotaDunQH Posts: 68 Level 2
    Options

The whole algorithm does set certain people up to win, and I call that cheating. Not by the player, but the game itself. It doesnโ€™t sit well with me. So Hollie, I fell hear what you are saying. Iโ€™ve been up to 3 peacock levels several times, won tournaments several times....if I spend my money to buy 24 hours. Not doing that anymore and wonโ€™t. As for buying bigger boosters, I canโ€™t do that on my game boards. Why is that?

• NatalieG
    Options

@holliedolly2002,

I hear you as well! I used to only use the regular hammer and simple blocker, and only used a powerful hammer when I was playing for a chest, but when I faced numerous players with the two most powerful hammers, I changed up my game. I alternate between the two now. I play the 24 hour play once I use up my five tickets and continue to do so throughout the tournament. When one ends, I generally have some time left to start the next Championship.

In regards to the algorithms, I think that is just part of Royal Championship. I don't think it's cheating, just the luck of the draw. You can make the same move as your opponent but get a different outcome. Sometimes in your favor, sometimes not. When it's in your favor, is that you cheating? When it's not in your favor, why is that the other player cheating? I believe it goes both ways, sometimes it's you, sometimes it's your opponent.

Royal Championship is my FAVORITE game to play period! I do spend a lot playing, but I am okay with that, I enjoy the game! Sometimes it's frustrating but I'd rather play it than to not play. There was two weeks that I was not able to play Royal Championship and to me it was torture. I told myself that I would not complain about anything any more. Not that my complaints were ignored but I learned to appreciate playing a game I loved to play.

• holliedolly2002
    Options

Hi @NatalieG and @GotaDunQH Hi both firstly just to clarify I never started this thread about cheating I was replying to the original post about cheating if you scroll up you will see, I was saying that the score this person had was extremely achievable and not cheating. If I am honest I did think there was cheating but agree with what @GotaDunQH and @Nikolaos_Prodromidis said that the algorithm is set and in my opinion to favour another player. @NatalieG I know how much you love this game and are very passionate about it and if you choose to spend your free time playing this game then that is entirely up to you I was once the same I was completely hooked by the RC. I now no longer play I don't even use the free 5 tickets. I became that tired of the constant blocking and loathed the super charged boosters, all the fun had completely disappeared from the game for me. If they got rid of blockers or limited them to so many uses per game and paired those who use the extra boosters with their own I may consider playing again. However, that said I am now completely detoxed! and no longer miss playing. I have hundreds of gold bars and thousands of boosters sat on my account and have no desire whatsoever to use them. I couldn't change the game and was unhappy with the way it was going so I thought I might as well quit playing. I hope you continue having fun as I know you do love it. @GotaDunQH I only had the option to purchase boosters when I first started playing years ago and then it disappeared but as I consider these to be cheating or rather bashing your way to a win I never purchased any. I have thousands of them sat on my account which I have been awarded through wins if there was some way I could transfer them to you I would (I know this isn't allowed before the Mods tell me off its just a figure of speech!) as I will never use them even if I started playing again I would never use them in fact I have never played one match using them I disagree with them completely and think if you use them then you should be matched with another opponent using the same ones. When I played I like to see if I could win by playing strategically and fairly, I actually liked to have a two way game and see where it went but all the opponents I had would block from the get go and turn it into a game of Solitaire. I never did and never will see the point of playing a two person game but blocking to the extent the other player has no chance where is the competition in that? Anyway I know I am in a minority and it was once a game that I loved playing so I hope you both enjoy playing and top those leader boards! x

• NatalieG
    Options

@holliedolly2002,

I am aware that you did not start this discussion and that you were only replying to the @smackim1son post. I am sorry if I came off to you saying people were cheating. That was not my intention. I am passionate about playing Royal Championship. It's truly addictive. I sometimes think of it as having a gambling addiction, because I do spend a lot of time and money playing the game. I tried stopping at one point and that lasted a week. Then something happened to where a lot of players weren't allowed to play for two weeks. That was hard on me, and like I said previously, I will try not to complain any more. I admire your will to stop playing!! I'm just not sure I can do it. I was forced to do it for two weeks and I was sad that I couldn't play. I was not on the band wagon with any of the Crush games when they first came out. It never bothered me not to play. I saw my family and friends ALL into the games, still didn't bother me. It was probably over a year that I downloaded the original Candy Crush, I played ever so often. I downloaded the Candy Crush Soda game and liked it better than the original. Then I did the Candy Crush Jelly, liked it better than the other two. I was not playing Jelly when Royal Championship first came out because I wasn't even playing Jelly at that time. As for as I know Royal Championship has been going on for a couple of years, before I even started playing Jelly. But once I clicked on Royal Championship, that was my go to game and I have been playing ever since.

I changed my strategy when I was bombarded with players using the two most powerful hammers. It would be truly great if when choosing an opponent that you are paired with an opponent who has the same boosters and blockers as you, or both of powerful hammers as you. That would even out the strategy of both players to me. Maybe that is something that can happen in the future. I know the Studio does the very best they can as this is a global game and there are still some "kinks " they still work on daily.

I hope some of the changes you want to happen implemented so you may start playing again because I would love to play against you one day. Hopefully I will see you one day. And yes!, I would love if you could transfer me some of your boosters and blockers ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I have some blockers I don't use and we are trying to see if we can exchange them for other boosters, blockers or something else. I also have some blockers that you can't win in a chest anymore that I am holding on to, but may use if the option to purchase them remain in the game.

• holliedolly2002
    Options

Hi @NatalieG I totally get your passion about the game I was exactly the same literally staying up until the small hours playing and then being tired for work the next day. If I was out I would be desperate to get back just to make sure I was still top of the leader board. Like you say it was like a gambling addiction but I think if I was gambling I would hopefully win more than 15 gold bars and 6 hours of play! If you enjoy playing then make no apologies and carry on playing. I missed it a lot at first but now I am glad I stopped for me it was becoming rather unhealthy and was to some extent dominating my days. I think that is why I don't even use the 5 free tickets just in case I slip back to where I was. Also, as I have said in previous posts the fun had gone and without sounding like some sort of martyr I was a very fair player rarely if ever blocking but the whole feel of the game had changed other players did not have the same attitude that I did so it was becoming harder to win and I did not want to change the way I played as it went against everything I have banged on about on here! I like to pop on here and hear the gripes other people have about the game but I do for me feel it was the best decision and I am saving money not purchasing my gold bars! You carry on if you are enjoying yourself which you clearly are its definitely better to play this than start gambling. I would have loved to have played against you but I think you would be a tough opponent being a pro player! I am a pro player on candy crush soda and I have played that game for literally years but even that has lost its spark for me. Maybe when the winter comes I will have a change of heart but at the moment I am enjoying the light nights and getting out and about and have taken to reading which doesn't get me all wound up!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?