๐Ÿฅ‡First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

So people don't cheat huh๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Options

Comments

• holliedolly2002
    holliedolly2002 Posts: 120 Level 2
    Options

Hi @NatalieG thanks for sharing that - is Arena 5 running currently because if so I may just sneak in on the free 5 tickets to have a go. I think it would take some practice to master but I am intrigued to see if I could do it. I will have to be very firm with myself and just stick to the free tickets as I don't want to fall off the wagon and undo all that detoxing! As for @Nikolaos_Prodromidis beating you I should imagine he is a pretty good player like yourself, probably a very close run match. I would love to play either you or Nikolaos as I have never actually played against anybody before that I am familiar with. You never know we might pair up if I have a go on the free tickets, would be great if we did and it was Arena 5!

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,530 Level 5
    Options

Hi @NatalieG, @holliedolly2002!

Here is the trick!

You must have a booster and a blocker selected (not the liquorice swirl). It works better with pink lollipop and cage! First you fillup both of them, lolli and cage!

The trick starts when you have a full set of 2 moves!

It is important to have a possible move available in the middle, just below the two colorbombs!

1st move: you block the candy upper and right (or left) of your opponent's colorbomb! (it is a blue one in next screenshot):

2nd move: use the lollipop to free your opponent's colorbomb:

It is not blocked now!

3rd move: make the move that is available in the middle. We have 2 options here, the 3 blue or the 3 yellow candies!

Doing this, your opponent's colorbomb slips down!

4th move: enjoy!!

O.K., here the cb cannot be combined with a candy in my color, but Iselected to combine it with the blue candies!

Finally won!

We can discuss any details you want! ๐Ÿ™‚

• NatalieG
    NatalieG Posts: 628 Pro Player 👑
    Options

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis,

Thanks for the play by play, I actually did it but was so into the game and couldn't believe that I had the move and didn't get screenshots. You're the best for information, hints and just about everything. I truly appreciate your help.

• NatalieG
    Options

@holliedolly2002,

I will let you know when Arena 5 comes back into rotation. I would love for you to play it once more. I was able to execute the move,unfortunately I was so absorbed with the game and couldn't believe I had a chance to execute the move, I didn't get screenshots. The next time I will certainly get screenshots.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @MayaMans and welcome to our Community!

There are not players who play dirty in the Arena!

There are of course players who are lucky or sometimes the game's algorithm could be somehow "unfair" to us, but there are not players who cheat or play out of the rules!

I cannot understand how someone can block with the "stupid fish"! Do you mean the blocker that is named "fishing net"?

Here are the power ups and the fishing net (or just Net) is the last one:

If your opponent leaves the match, you are the winner! Of course you do not get +2 points for perfect match, but you win!

Sometimes your opponent leaves because does not want to continue. Other times it is because your opponent looses connection because of technical problems and you are also the winner in this case! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Feel free to ask about anything! We are here to help! ๐Ÿ™‚

• holliedolly2002
    Options

Morning @NatalieG and @Nikolaos_Prodromidis hope you both had a good weekend and enjoyed the tournament. Natalie I knew you would get that move. I have read how to do it and would love to be able to master it, you do need an element of luck that you have the correct combination underneath the colour bomb. Its a great move and I have only ever seen this done once. When my opponent started this move I thought they had gone mad and was actually feeling quite smug that they had set me up for a win! I was very impressed and its a move that I don't think many players will know about. Did you both top the leader board and Natalie did you play Nikolaos again and win?

On a personal note @NatalieG are you by any chance Scottish or live in Scotland, I noticed in one of your messages you used the term "wee small hours" . We go to Scotland quite often mostly to the Highlands as its fab for mountain biking . I live in Wales and we are spoilt by the beautiful countryside but I think Scotland does top it. We visited last year and stayed in the Tweed valley. If you are not Scottish then completely ignore this!

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Options

Hi @holliedolly2002!

You live in Wales!! I have never been there, but I know that nature is very beautiful!!

For me the weekend was great! I live in Greece, so I've spent my time on the beach!

I was not so lucky in the tournament! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž

My wife, @Nadia1770 was more lucky, she finished 2nd in her leaderboard!

Me and @NatalieG did not play as opponents since a long time!

Here is the last screenshot I have stored in my device:

• holliedolly2002
    Options

Hi @Nikolaos_Prodromidis well if I lived in Greece I know I would have been at the beach rather than playing the RC. I love Greece (only visited tourist destinations) my favourite holiday there was to Kalymnos it was my first holiday abroad without my parents, a girls only holiday and we had a brilliant time. Now that I am older and far more mature I feel I would appreciate it even more than I did then. Well done to your wife 2nd place!

• NatalieG
    edited July 2022
    Options

@holliedolly2002,

Of course I won on my leaderboard!

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

They has these new badges now for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. It was hard for me to hold back to get all three of the badges. You can only receive them once so when I got all three it was back to leading the leaderboard. I haven't played @Nikolaos_Prodromidis, that is, not to my knowledge. He usually see that it's me and do screenshots of our game and has beat me every time. I hope our next meeting is different.

No, I am not Scottish or live in Scotland. I live in the United States, I am a native Floridian, born and raised in Florida. And to be honest being a native Floridian is rare in my own state. Reason being, a lot of people from every where come here to live.

I would love to visit Wales, Greece and Scotland. Heck my eight year old grandson has been to more countries than I have. His father does the Ironman races and just before the pandemic they were in Australia, England and France. I've been to Australia, I have a niece who lives there. I've been to Dubai as well. I enjoyed both places and would love to go back. Hopefully I will. By the way, that profile picture is my grandson.

• GotaDunQH
    GotaDunQH Posts: 68 Level 2
    Options

Hollie.....I really do get where you are coming from. I have a love/hate relationship with the game. The last 2 days, I couldn't get even 3 games in a row to move out of the first level. These were game boards (arenas) I'm good at. It was very frustrating as the opponent was getting "all the perks" no matter what I played. This is when it obvious to me....the winner was chosen at that start by the algorithim (sp?). Like I said before.....the owners of this game claim it's all fair and square, however I don't truly believe it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?