It was level 150!

Thanks!

ยซ1

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hello @itzdeb and welcome to King community!

Are you having problems with passing level 150 in Jelly Saga?

Then let me tag Jelly moderators for you @Lady_Sarina @Princess_Jessica @Nikolaos_Prodromidis ๐Ÿค—

This post will be moved from Soda community to Candy Crush Jelly, visit Jelly community here

• Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5
    Options

Hi @itzdeb

In Jelly Level Tips Area (White Ribbon above "Discussions Area") we have started an index for level help, some have video's :O)

Here's the link for Level 150 with video, 3 comments down ๐ŸŒป

• itzdeb
    itzdeb Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

My question is...

how do you ever get past this level? I start out wit zero dumb monklings and my opponent starts out with 4-5 of them! It's just impossible. I have to knock off a bunch of brownish pieces to get one THEN I've got to move it down while the other guy just plays and they fall with zero effort! I can't beat it! I need the secret or I'm deleting the game!

• Lady_Sarina
    Options

Hi @itzdeb

Did you find the strategy used in the video helpful?

Larry's game play has a different game play to other Bosses in Jelly. He will often leave striped candies on the board & create fish combos himself. Those striped candies can be great strategy for setting them up for a later move when collecting orange candies near them, dropping them closer to the Monkling column or cupcake blockers for later explosions.

When playing against Larry, keep an eye on his game play moves & those he tends to stick too. Let him make as many moves as you can, without effecting your orange candy placement, too much, then you can conserve your own moves but have more candy distributions available :O)

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,530 Level 5
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @itzdeb!

@Lady_Sarina thanks for your tips and help, I want just to add a few details more! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I tried playing level 150 some times with the double fish as "preselected" booster! I had no success!! ๐Ÿ˜

Here is the board:

As we can see and you mentioned as well, Liquorice Larry has already 4 monklings, while we have noone! So we start with a disadvantage!

My advice is to focus more on creating monklings, than create one and then try bring it down! As you create monklings (if you have good cascades it is not so difficult), they start going down as you remove candies!

Take care because Larry has the "bad habit" of matching your orange candies!! This is a feature that I don't like at all!

If you have preselected boosters or simple boosters, use them! They help a lot! For me, boosters are a game changer!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• itzdeb
    Options

My question is...

how do you ever get past this level? I start out wit zero dumb monklings and my opponent starts out with 4-5 of them! It's just impossible. I have to knock off a bunch of brownish pieces to get one THEN I've got to move it down while the other guy just plays and they fall with zero effort! I can't beat it! I need the secret or I'm deleting the game!

• itzdeb
    Options

That "help" is not helpful!! I'm not spending money to get past a level put there to beat me or my wallet. I'll delete the game like I did the last game I really enjoyed! Shame on King games AGAIN!

• Lady_Sarina
    Options

Each Boss Battle will have different game play strategies.

Each Boss will have a different personality & approach. Carl will like to grab the special candies you make whilst Larry often ignores them & makes his own. Using Fish Combos with Jelly on them, is good for battling the Jelly Queen but may not work on Pufflers.

I take my time when playing levels, to deceide if it's an Explosion Board or a Puzzle Board layout. That may change my strategy & if I make a Colourbomb match or just a fish combo for corner blockers. Fish will always take out blockers or carnivore plants first. There's no timer to worry about on Main Map Levels, so I think about which Boss Personality I'm playing.

I never spend money on boosters. Usually, I'll combine the Daily Plant Bonus with where I am on the map and which chest is about to be opened, along with the rewards from the Safe Mission and Race it with Misty and factor in the Mastery Rank Points. It's always a great day if Allen's there with balloons also. ๐Ÿฅฐ

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @itzdeb!

I am sorry to hear that our help was not so helpful! Lets try once more!

One detail you have to know about boss levels, is that they are more difficult than the others, just because another "player" plays and distracts your strategy!

It maybe needs more attempts to win a level, however these levels are possible for everyone to win!

Liquorice Larry starts with 4 monklings, but he needs 6 to win!

As many times as I tried yesterday and today, I lost because of moves and not because Larry completed 6 monklings!

You are right being frustrated because moves are not enough! On the other side, the 4 monklings that Larry has, do not make any difference for him!

If it is possible, post here a screenshot of level 150, 1 or 2 moves before end, just to see your progress! Maybe we can find some mistakes! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @itzdeb! One last try from me:

As you can see, level 150 is marked as "difficult" So it is normal if we have certain difficulties!

I have a pre-game booster, the double fish! I have also one Colorbomb and one Coloring Candy!

I select the CB and the CC. So I start with all three preselectsd boosters (or pre-game boosters)

I prefer to start using the CB to eliminate all green candies:

The Coloring Candy is accidentally activated by cascades, so I "waste" both of them in the 1st move and Larry's monklings come down, near the rope! At the same time I have a monkling created! No worries, we have control! I am going to combine the 4 orange candies, down in the middle:

here I created a striped candy and almost fullfiled my 2nd monkling!

My 2nd monkling is on board!

I am ready to fullfill my 3rd monkling, while Larry;s monklings are at the same place!

3rd monkling on board! Larry;s monklings still at the same place!

8 moves before end, Larry managed to put down 4 monklings, the same did I, but I have two more on board, while Larry still tries to do something! My next move is to combine the three reds on the far left:

Doing this, my 5th monkling "flies" to meet the other 4! Larry has also 5/6!

My last move is to combine the three redsbelow my monkling:

6/6 for me!

Victory!!!!

I hope that this post is going to help you more! Wish you Good Luck!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?