๐Ÿฅ‡First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

"Answers" and "Accepted Answers"!

Options

Hi everybody!

I start a new discussion about "Answers" and "Accepted Answers" here in the RC section of the Jelly forum!

Someone can tell me that I can navigate in the main forum to find answers etc.

I did, but I did not find clear answers for everything I want to know, so I prefer to discuss it here, with you and find out all about! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

As far as I know, an accepted answer is an answer that has been accepted by the person who asked a question! I know this because I have an accepted answer!

I have noticed also, that there are threads marked as "Answered" and my question is:

• What is the difference between "answer" and "accepted answer"?
  • Who decides if and when a thread is marked as "answered"?
  • Why some threads that have an answer to a question, a correct answer and not a dialogue after this, are not marked as "answered"?
  • Which factor indicates that an answer is correct and there are not needed information missing?
  • Does the "answered" thread give points?

Thanks in advance! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ยซ13

Comments

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    edited August 2021
    Options

@headoperations , thank you for your detailed answer!

I know about people who ask something, don't mark answer as "accepted" and then disappear! It is a real problem in all forums and we cannot do anything about it! I call them "parashutists"! ๐Ÿ˜

About accepted answers badges, for me they do not exist, even in my craziest dreams!! ๐Ÿคช

Another basic question: if the first answer to a question is indicated as "answer", why it is happened only in a small number of them?

Is there anything that indicates if a post is considered as "question" and so it must have an "answer"?

For example,in this thread, the 1st post of mine is definitely a question, so your second post is the "answer"!

I did a question, I got an answer! Why this thread is not marked as answered?

Who decides about it: the mod, another staff member, the system itself automatically, something else?

Why I have not the opportunity to give you an "accepted answer" here? I would be glad to do it, because your answer covered my question!

Something last: if someone quotes the 1st post in the 2nd post is this considered as "answer"?

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    edited August 2021
    Options

I have also the question why some answered or accepted answered threads appear out of support section and the only answer I found is that they probably appear twice:

• On support section
    • On section related to their subject

Maybe I am wrong about this! I suppose we can find the answer some day!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@headoperations @NamTruong2001

@Lady_Sarina

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@NikolaosProdromidis Hi,

Questions can be asked in support or in discussion area but you have to go to the ask a question, not just the discussion in this area.

General discussions are not classed as questions

As for points if it is a ask a question in discussion area or in support , everyone who responds gets 2 points but only for there first answer. you can respond multiple times but only get 2 points for your first reply. the first reply marks it as answered but only that, answer could be right or wrong or even spam.

The person asking the question can accept your answer or a CM can but rarely do they do this now and yes you can answer many without accepted answers but you do get them. So do not give up hope on answering questions.

You now then get badges and big points for accepted answer milestones.

Personally been here properly for around 2 years at a guess and estimate i have over 1000 accepted answers. So even though the accepted answer percentage is probably low shows that they can still be obtained at a decent rate

Points for milestones are normally 10x the the milestone till you get to 250 accepted answers which at moment is highest badge you can get. New ones alledgedly on the way but i have been waiting a while for these

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Options

Thanks @Freddy_ , your answer is very helpful!

I navigated in the forum, found info about accepted answers, but not about answers! ๐Ÿ™‚

It is very difficult to have accepted answers, because, as mentioned before, many people disappear when they get answer to their question! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Freddy_
    Options

@NikolaosProdromidis Yes you are right but as always you do not give up hope just because of this. the fly by nights some will accept answers as well. you will find a lot of long standing community members do not accept answers also. Its a no win situation really but i just look at it as if they accept the answer its a bonus.

Shame really as think more people would help in support areas if they thought the chances of accepted answers percentage was a lot higher than it is at present. If you ask a question look at the does this answer your question Yes/no. Maybe this could be made bolder and different color and more people would notice it more

• Freddy_
    Options

@headoperations Hi

For me there lies the issue with most people, they give up. As i say i always answer what i can to be helpful and always look at it that i am helping people. If they then accept the answer its a bonus. For me i seem to find they come in spits and spats some days you might get none then another 3 or 4.

But yes did not like the points when they restructured it, now the big milestones i know i have completed 500 and more than likely 1000 but they have not made the badges yet there has been months waiting., but eventually i will be like the rest and just give up. You are doing them a service for free and its like you mean nothing, but without people like us the community does not function.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Options

Good morning everybody! (It is morning in my timezone!) ๐Ÿ˜€

This conversation is very helpful and I understood things I wanted to know about the forum's functionality!

Thanks a lot @headoperations and @Freddy_

I will come back if I have other questions!

It could be also interesting if other members had questions to be discussed!

• Nadia1770
    Nadia1770 Posts: 851 Level 5
    Options

Reading this topic, I have some answers too, but actually for me they do not affect my forum life!

Of course they are important as knowledge! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Options

I questioned something, not for Jelly, for Crash On The Run, and nobody responded within 2 days!

O.K., I know that in COTR subforum they respond late or they do not respond at all!

But it looks to me strange!

Here is the question:

@headoperations @NamTruong2001 @Lady_Sarina

I know, it is a bit "off - topic", but it is about answers and also I feel that if I post this message into COTR subforum, nobody is gonna answer.... ๐Ÿค”

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Options

@headoperations in that subforum they don't respond at all or they respond very late! Maybe the type of questions I ask is "difficult", I don't know!

Nobody reacted to my question there, so after 2 days I posted it also here and I knew that I could get an answer!

Playing Crash I am on level ....4 !!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?