1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000

Change straws into teleporters

Options
13»

Comments

• courtemanche437
    courtemanche437 Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options

The gameplay would be the same though. Just a different design for the element that transfers candies between boards.

• Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5
    Options

Hi Everyone,

So I'm having a read of this thread to get an idea of the thoughts being discussed here and love the interchange going on, so that's cool and let's keep it going as a friendly exchange 🤗

@courtemanche437 it's great community spirit in supporting @Goldenswordz idea 😃

At first I thought you were talking about different straws LOL but on closer inspection ⬅ these straws are directional elements, showing the travel line of the candy columns, which column travels where.

This is a really cool topic!!! Gotta say!!!

When I see these straws I think of a "Slushy" drink. Frozen ice with all the colours and gives you a "brain freeze" if you drink it too fast 🤣🤣 So, think it kinda fits Jelly really, as it's also a bit like a "Snow Cone" 🍧🍧🍧 Over here our straws for these drinks have a little scoop on the end to act like a spoon 🤔

So I do kinda agree with @NamTruong2001 about keeping them the way they are and even little changes can effect other features in the game and they get reported as glitches/ bugs that we let the Game Team know about and so the circle of life goes...see here 😅

Although, seeing the portals you mention ⬅, reminds me of another idea that was suggested, for having an icon to navigate back levels much easier than currently able to.

These would be a greater feature for navigating back levels and as you say, do look good. 💫

Currently in-game one good feature in Jelly is that when you do go back to older levels, you stay on the episode when loosing a life and are not shunted back to the current map. Personally, I wouldn't like to lose that aspect, if something was changed in navigating back .

So am thinking that the 1st "Straw" suggestion would be a great addition and conversational point in the Discussion about Levels thread, which I can refer to when talking to @Lola_Pop.

I had a look in the Archive of Ideas and saw this submission, which got zero votes and yet would be a great idea to resubmit, as it links to your secondary concept of the portals. Not much detail was given in that submission but maybe @Goldenswordz could develope it further with the addition of the teleporters above ⬆.

What do you guyz think? 🤔

• Goldenswordz
    Goldenswordz Posts: 534 Level 3
    Options

I mean Candies and straws also have no relation. Plus, you have to note that the original game uses teleporters, I think it would be a nice callback to the original game to use teleporters in Jelly too.

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4
    Options

All these people fighting lol.

I hate straws too. Especially when it comes to coding straws, I have to mark where the straws appear, then I have to figure out how straws transport candies according to the board flows. Whereas in CCS (and HS) , you just put down the coordinates and that's it.

This suggestion is good and i've given my vote.

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4
    Options

The only good thing about the straws is that people can make spammy boards with them. Just check out my level 86 and you will see.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?