After Windows 10 update to Version 1607 Soda Saga started running incorrectly.

Options
Gary_L
Gary_L Posts: 2 Newbie

I tried to log this problem yesterday and you marked it as a duplicate of "Can’t get your games to load on Windows 10? Check this out…". I believe this is incorrect, however I followed all the steps outlined in the issue and the problem remains.  Had you taken the time to read my problem you would have seen that I was already updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and the program loads but does not run correctly. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling Soda Saga but that did not change the problem. Again, the problem is that, when the program starts it is very slow to load compared to how quickly it loaded prior to the update. Once loaded the title bar flashes continuously. I can actually start a game but the game runs very slowly and the motion is choppy (similar to the title bar flashing). Microsoft put out some new patches this morning so I deleted/uninstalled Soda Saga again after installing the patches but there was no change in behavior.

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5
    Options

Hi Gary!

Are you playing Candy Crush Soda Saga as an app or through a web browser on Facebook or King.com?

If you have the game as an app the try the using the Troubleshooter app from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps (Please note that you will need to be logged in with your Microsoft ID before you can use the tool)

If the app still glitches then try checking for updates to your drivers - especially graphic card drivers. If possible then go with the drivers that comes from the producer of your graphic card instead of the default Windows drivers.

Cheers :-)

• Gary_L
    Gary_L Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Thanks for the response. I am running the game as an app. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find any problems. I have the latest driver for my video card (from the producer). Looking through the FAQs for Windows 10 I found there are reported issues with screen flickering but that seems to apply to all apps, not just one, as is my issue.  The FAQ I was looking at suggested that there are 3 apps that could cause the problem. I have two of them installed. I uninstalled both of them but there was no change in the behavior of Soda Saga.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?