While playing candy crush soda on iPad mini the screen goes black and I lose the game. Please help

Options
Merchant18
Merchant18 Posts: 8 Level 2

playing candy crush soda on iPad mini the screen goes black and I lose the game.  It is happening very frequently and very annoying.

Best Answer

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Merchant18!

If the problem is still there then I suggest you do a re-installation of the game.

1) Make sure you have the game connected to Facebook or Kingdom (this will save your progress, highscores and gold bars) To save your boosters you'll need to do a backup of your mobile data - for instance iCloud for iOS.

2) Un-install the app

3) Reboot your iPad

4) Now it's time to download the app and install it again. Find the app on the iTunes store and click on 'install'

5) After the game has been installed you should now be able to start it normally.

6) Don't forget to connect the game to Facebook (blue button) or Kingdom (orange button) in order to retrieve your game progress, highscores and gold bars. For the boosters you'll need to do a restore process in order to recreate them.

Cheers :-)

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Options

Hi Merchant18!

Which version of the iPad Mini do you have?

If you are using an older iPad then please see this thread: https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/why-is-ipad-2-not-supported-anymore-for-candy-crush-crash 

Some of the older phones and tablets can't run the game so this might be your issue.

It can also be that you have other apps running that interferes with the game. Try a simple reboot right before playing the game to see if it solves the issue.

• Merchant18
    Options

I have a new iPad so that cannot be the problem, I am on game 540 and never had a problem.  My settings are updated and I have rebooted but will try again.  Anymore suggestions I would appreciate

thank you, I am a senior citizen and love playing the King games.  I am connected to Facebook.  Thanks

• Wunderbaum
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Merchant18!

If the problem is still there then I suggest you do a re-installation of the game.

1) Make sure you have the game connected to Facebook or Kingdom (this will save your progress, highscores and gold bars) To save your boosters you'll need to do a backup of your mobile data - for instance iCloud for iOS.

2) Un-install the app

3) Reboot your iPad

4) Now it's time to download the app and install it again. Find the app on the iTunes store and click on 'install'

5) After the game has been installed you should now be able to start it normally.

6) Don't forget to connect the game to Facebook (blue button) or Kingdom (orange button) in order to retrieve your game progress, highscores and gold bars. For the boosters you'll need to do a restore process in order to recreate them.

• Merchant18
    Options

Thank you for the quick response, much appreciated.  I will ask my grandson to help me with this when he returns from college. Do you think I could ask Apple for help? Thanks again I hope it works

• Merchant18
    Options

What is happening now is that the game loads and goes as far as 614 which is the game I am on and it automatically goes back to the icon screen.  Will I lose all my boosters if I uninstall the game? Thanks 

please advise

• Wunderbaum
    Options

Hi Merchant18!

You'll loose your boosters and messages with lives when you un-install the game. Those data are stored locally on your iPad Mini.

You could try a complete backup of your iPad - for instance with iCloud.

I think the best solution is to either play Candy Crush on Facebook or from a newer mobile device.

• Merchant18
    Options

Your new update crashed my iPad min version 9.3 .  We restored all the software and the game still crashes.  So everyone with an older model has to go buy a new iPad?    Can you correct this problem?

thank youn

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?