In the update released 03/07/2017 was the value of fish in the tournament changed?

Options
Irene-10
Irene-10 Posts: 7 Level 2

After installing the update, while playing Bubblegum Hill, I noticed that the value of fish have changed from 10 per fish to one per fish. I was in the number one lead position, but after the update my progress for the fishing tournament has dropped exponentially despite playing for hours and winning the crown many times over and only proceeding by five or six each game won, instead of 50 or 60 or whatever. What is up with that? Why would you change it right in the middle of a tournament? This means that those who haven't installed the update yet are still getting 10 points per fish, while those who have are getting one per fish. That's totally unfair!!! I've played for days and hours to be in that number one position and now I'm being left in the dust because others haven't updated?? I just finished two games in which I captured 15 fish. Did I get 150 points in total? No, I got 15. My overall total went from 6056 to 6071. Just exactly how is anyone supposed to advance positions with that?

Edited: Played and won two more levels. My total fish count went from 6071 to 6086. yet  the person who overtook me and is currently in the number one spot in the Sapphire Division is going up by hundreds in the same amount of time. WTH?

Answers

• Hulihopper
    Hulihopper Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I was in the lead by 2000, after the update I've dropped to 7th. Bubblegum Hill  is usually my only hope in ranking since I've completed all the levels & waiting for new levels to be released. I've completed Bubblegum Hill about 5 times since the update and can't compete with others getting +10, it's not fun anymore. King should really level the playing field for everyone, at least open the last saga levels to have +10 for those who are faithful players.

• Irene-10
    Options

I was also leading in the Sapphire Division by about 2000 at one point around midnight, now I'm in second and can't even hope to catch first since the update, despite playing and completing levels with fish for hours today. How does that work?!??

• acelise05
    acelise05 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

If you are replaying any levels you've already won, the fish value is one. If you are playing a new level or one you haven't completed each fish made is worth 10

• Irene-10
    Options

Acelise05 - So this is something new contained in the latest update? I've never seen this happen before and I've been playing for years. Even doing Bubble Gum Hill and a fishing tournament at the same time, I haven't seen this happen before now. Replaying Bubble Gum Hill levels always gave the normal 10 point fishes before today. It would have been nice to know this ahead of the update.....

• Grace_Fang
    Grace_Fang Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

i was wondering if my bgh was glitching after the update...but im glad im not the only one upset with the situation...king care really needs to address this because its not fair to people who've updated ;(

• Irene-10
    Options

If you are replaying any levels you've already won, the fish value is one. If you are playing a new level or one you haven't completed each fish made is worth 10

I've been playing for years and have never seen this phenomena before today. Many times I've played Bubble Gum Hill along with a concurrent fishing tournament, replayed the levels on BGH many times over within the allotted time, and always received fish at 10 points each. This must be a new thing that came with today's update. It just would have been nice if they had waited with the update until the current BGH and fishing tournament were over, and not half or three-quarters of the way through.
  • Irene-10
    Options

i was wondering if my bgh was glitching after the update...but im glad im not the only one upset with the situation...king care really needs to address this because its not fair to people who've updated ;(

I don't know how they are going to address this. Firstly it was not a good move to release it in the middle of a tournament. More importantly, if there are any people who read the fan page or this page and figure out that if they stall or disable receiving updates on their devices and they haven't updated yet, they'll still be getting 10 points per fish no matter how many times they replay a level. That in turn means that going forward, unless King figures out a way to stop them, they will win EVERY. SINGLE. FISHING. TOURNAMENT. because they can rack up points 10 times faster, 10 times more. What would be the point of playing for anyone else, in that case?
  • Hulihopper
    Hulihopper Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

Acelise05, you are correct, but when playing the Bubblegum Hill challenge while the fishing tournament is open, it previously gave +10. After the update, it only gives +1. For me, I have no new levels to play since I have beaten all levels. This means I can't compete against everyone who hasn't updated their game and everyone who is further behind in the game.
  • Grace_Fang
    Grace_Fang Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

exactly...i only did the update because i thought i was going to get more levels...instead i got screwed

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?