Why does the music and sound keep coming back on when I return to the game?

Options
buttonmelip
buttonmelip Posts: 2 Newbie

I have played crush games for years and have always had the music and sounds turned off in options.  The past week every time I return to the games, the music and sound effects are turned back on.  I don't want sounds.

Answers

• KingsPinn
    KingsPinn Posts: 3,526 Level 2
    Options

It could be a memory or cache setting in your device. You have the option to turn it off with the buttons so just use those. 

• sheryl825
    sheryl825 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

It could be a memory or cache setting in your device. You have the option to turn it off with the buttons so just use those. 

That's not helpful. We turn sounds off so that the music/sound does not come on and disturb us/other people. If one has to turn them off every time one opens the game, it's too late to avoid disturbing.
  • LLB
    LLB Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I have exactly the same problem, but only at random times.  And you are correct...I shouldn't have to turn the volume off manually each time I play. 
  • David_Hereaux
    David_Hereaux Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I have the same issue. The turn it off button does nothing. 

• Missy_Vee
    Missy_Vee Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I can't stand this! I too have this issue!  I play candy crush at work, and my computer is hooked up to the work speakers! So when I go onto Candy Crush and the sound is on (after I've turned it off the previous time I played), and it takes FOREVER to get through all the prizes and announcement buttons to click on - I'm outted that I'm playing the game!

If I choose to turn off the sounds, that's how I want it EVERY TIME. If I want the sounds on (I'd never), I'd turn it on myself.

Why are they forcing us to listen to the sound when turning it on?! (this happens on all my devices by the way, not just at work).

• theref47438
    theref47438 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I have the same problem. I want it stopped! It’s bad enough you’ve changed the game to where ALL levels are the same difficulty! Quit messing with the settings! If I want the damn sound on I WILL TURN IT ON!! NOT YOU!! 
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,801 Community Manager
    Options
    @theref47438

It is the Ads that is activating the sound after watching it.

This has now been reported and the Studio is looking in to this. In the meantime, just turn the sound off when you get back to the level, I know it's not ideal but it is a workaround 😉

Thank you for your patience while we work on this and keep it Sweet 🤗 
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,696 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi guys, welcome to our community.  I would like to take a moment to offer you a message for all newbies to learn more about our community which you can find here.  We always run contests so be sure to enter them for a chance to win gold bars.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?