Special Candies not functioning properly

JD-5
JD-5 Posts: 3 Newbie

Hello, for a number of weeks at least half of the time, special candies are not working properly in my game. This is across multiple levels.

For example:

Excluding Jelly Fish all other special candies (Striped, Wrapped, Colour Bomb and Colouring Candies) randomly activate and when I activate them they don't explode as expected, they pop like a regular candy.

Combination candies are also a problem.

Striped + Wrapped candies pop like a regular candy.

Striped + Jelly Fish candies pop like a regular candy.

Wrapped + Jelly Fish candies pop like a regular candy.

Colour Bombs + ANY candy including regular candy (excluding Colouring Candy) pop like a regular candy i.e.no reaction across the board.

Colour Bombs + Colouring Candies seem to be OK.

I don't play on Facebook and only use the Android version of the app. My app is up to date.

Kind regards

JD

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,576 Pet Rescue Moderator

Hi JD, I am going to give you some troubleshooting steps, can you confirm if you have tried them or not and if it helped. But I am also going to pass this over to the team as I think I heard someone else mention the issue too :)

Android troubleshooting

• JD-5
    JD-5 Posts: 3 Newbie

Sorry for my late response. It's been an eventful week!

I read the article fully. Firstly the app and my phone are definitely not crashing, but I still went through the suggestions in the hope it might resolve this strange issue with the game.

I've forced quit the app - this hasn't solved it. I regularly restart my phone and this hasn't solved it. I cannot do the hard reset (remove battery) HTC have buried the battery under a mass of electronics. I'm not trying that!

I certainly didn't have the recommended 2GB of space but I do now - I have nearly 4GB on the phone and my external memory space is 112GB. I also ensured I restarted the phone after making space. It's not made any difference.

I do want to emphasise this is not happening in every game but it does happen frequently.

I've no idea if this helps identify the problem or makes it more puzzling, but in the last few days I played a level where I had to find/release 8 bears - they were in a diagonal order from top left. At the end of the game I didn't manage to release any. My end bear score should have read 0/8 and it did until my final move when the score jumped to (I believe) 7/8. I got the 'So Close' message and the game results once again stated 7/8. I honestly never got a single bear in that game.

This game anomaly has never happened before or since.

I thought I'd mention it as all the problems I've noticed have all been relatively recent.

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,576 Pet Rescue Moderator

Thank you for your detailed post! I did pass it over to the team, but they were either on holiday or doing King stuff last week so it may not have been seen, so I will prompt them again. If its not happening to everyone it can be hard to identify so the more info (like you have given) the better it is, but they can them ask the team to see if they are aware.

And don't worry about the hard reset. It seems the more technological things get the more they feel the need to bury things lol.

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager

Hi there!

Chicken Slayer says it perfectly - since it is not something that is happening to everyone it is hard for us to reproduce the issue and then work on it. So any screenshot or video of what's going on would be of great help here. In the meanwhile, we will inform the studio and will monitor things to make sure we are doing our best on our side to get this solved.

Any piece of information on your side is very useful for us to work on this!

Cheers,

Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?