Can Candy Crush Soda Saga be mis-detected as a virus?

Options
LizzyLemondrop
LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5

Has anyone ever had Candy Crush Soda Saga close on them because of a security feature? After a few hours of playing, the game closed on me and I had a popup window say something along the lines of the program that was running was closed because of behavior typical of malware or trojans and that I should scan my computer before re-loading the game. I can't remember the exact wording, but there was a picture of a detective on the window with a spyglass. Anyone familiar with this? I am a Windows 10 user, if that makes a difference.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,687 Sweet Legend
    Options

OMG!  I'd ignore that message, especially if they want you to load something into your computer!  It sounds like they might want to compromise your computer.  I have been at websites when suddenly a box will pop up saying that it's going to erase my entire computer and I better hurry and make some change within a time frame.  It was also difficult to close that message so I always just immediately shut down my computer.  This sounds like some kind of scam.  If it keeps happening I would try to get a print screen immediately and report it if there is a name or even report it to Microsoft or to the company that created the computer/laptop.

• LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    Options

The really strange thing was I didn't have the internet open, and usually that's when I would run into scams like that (and promptly freakout and scan my pc). I'm definitely taking a screenshot if it happens again, but hopefully it was just a fluke (prays to God).

• _Elsa_
    Options

Lizzy, I will pray alongside you!  

• _Elsa_
    Options

WOW WOW WOW!  I'm happy that you were able to find out what was going on! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?