Different moves and hardness level

Sean_Flynn
Sean_Flynn Posts: 4 Newbie

My partner and i both use android tablets, we're on the same level. 1743 on hers says hard level and 29 moves, same level on mine shows easy level and 39 moves, also we find when we're on the same level one will show super hard and one just hard, why?

Best Answer

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi Sean,

Like Elsa said, sometimes, in order to guarantee the best experience and performance of our games we ran different versions of our games on different players to see if this impacts our players. This is why in this case you have different levels than your friend. But don't worry, there are constant updates and reiterations of the game happening so it's a matter of time that things change :-).

Also, this is account specific and not device specific, hence why iPad and phone show the same for you.

Hope my answer helped! Thanks for reaching out!

Cheers,

Xarly

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,899 Sweet Legend

Hi Sean, wow I never heard of that before!  I thought that all levels were the same.  I just checked that level on my phone and it's "hard" with 29 moves.  I also just checked this level on my computer through Windows 10 and it's also showing "hard" with 29 moves.  I am wondering if you just lucked out where it shows 39 moves.  I will forward this message to a Community Manager because I want to find out why the same level shows something different. 

• Sean_Flynn
    Sean_Flynn Posts: 4 Newbie

Thanks Elsa, we were sitting next to each other when it happened, i just checked my phone also, it shows hard and 39 moves and my tablet shows easy 39 moves, strange

• _Elsa_

That is very strange.  I wrote to the Community Manager and hopefully he can get us an answer as to why they are showing different on different devices.  I know that on Candy Crush Saga they were testing some levels so this would have happened to them - one showing a certain number of moves and their friend showing a different number of moves.  But that testing stopped and now Candy Crush Saga should all have the same number of moves on all levels.  I am wondering if the Soda studio is running this test now.  We'll wait to hear back from the Community Manager when he gets in tomorrow.

• _Elsa_

Sean, you got me so curious that I went to check it on my iPad.  It's showing "hard" with 29 moves.  It's got to be a testing thing but I sure wish that I got the easy ones!

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi Sean,

Like Elsa said, sometimes, in order to guarantee the best experience and performance of our games we ran different versions of our games on different players to see if this impacts our players. This is why in this case you have different levels than your friend. But don't worry, there are constant updates and reiterations of the game happening so it's a matter of time that things change :-).

Also, this is account specific and not device specific, hence why iPad and phone show the same for you.

Hope my answer helped! Thanks for reaching out!

Cheers,

Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?