Soda Log In Issue

Options
thaas63
thaas63 Posts: 4 Newbie
Hi,

I have Soda, Friends, and Saga on my iPad and can log in to King.com with no problems when in any of the three. However, I also have Soda on my iPhone, where I am at a far higher level than on my iPad, but I cannot log in to either King.com or Facebook. The icons are there but if I click on the Facebook one, nothing happens, and if I open the tool menu and click on the King.com one, the menu just closes. I'm somewhat concerned that if I do finally find out how to log on from the iPhone, it might revert to the level that I'm at on the iPad but I'd still like to get logged on so I can play the same game (i.e., at whatever level I'm up to) on both devices. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,701 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @thaas63,

Please follow the steps on here to help you get your progress back.

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-jelly-saga/discussion/243865/how-to-get-your-level-and-progress-back#latest

If the troubleshooting doesn’t work, then please complete the contact form and they can manually add it back for you.

https://soporto.king.com/contact

• thaas63
    Options
    Hi @Elsa,

I didn't lose my progress. My problem is that I can't log into King.com or Facebook (from the game) on my iPhone. No problem at all on my iPad. Note that I've been using King.com on the iPad and not Facebook. I've never used the Facebook login for the games.

I did try removing Facebook, clearing my Safari history, and restarting my phone as per the instructions but it had no effect.

To repeat, I cannot click on the Facebook icon. It's there but sort of greyed out and when I click on the King.com icon, it just closes the tools menu.

Thanks again.

• _Elsa_
    Options
    Hi @thaas63, so what you are saying is that you can't connect to the Kingdom on your iPhone.  I just went to my iPhone to test it out.  I logged out of the Kingdom and tried logging back in.  It did log in.   Which model do you have?  I have the XR but maybe some of the older models don't work as well.

You already tried the troubleshooting of clearing the history.  So now, please check what version you have.  It should be 1.139.0.

I just tried logging into Facebook on my phone and that worked too.  No one else is reporting this right now.  Try it again later on today or tomorrow.  At least you can play the game on your iPad so worst case scenario if you find in a couple of days that the phone is working again but the levels differ then follow the link that I posted above.  But since you are playing through the Kingdom they should sync.  Please try again tomorrow and let me know if things change.  I will also keep my eyes open here to see if anyone else reports this.
  • thaas63
    Options
    Hi @Elsa,

My iPhone is an 8 - less than a year old.

My Soda is version 1.128.2, and that was an update I received on Nov. 28 (i.e., just a few days ago).

The problem I'm trying to avoid is that I've been playing on my iPhone, not my iPad. So I'm worried that if I do figure out how to log in from my phone, it might revert to the lower level that I'm at on the iPad. Still, I'd like to be able to log in so I can play the same game (i.e., at the same level) on both. When things sync, does it look for whichever is at the highest level?

• _Elsa_
    Options
    Yes when syncing it should sync to the higher level that you already progressed to.  I must have misunderstood which game you were referring to because when I gave the version it was for Saga and you are correct that Soda's latest version is 1.128.2.  It's very confusing now that they don't ask you what game you are talking about.
  • thaas63
    Options
    Glad to hear that it syncs that way.

So that still leaves us with the question of why I can't log in on my phone. As I said, I have no problems at all on my iPad. Obviously, the tools menu bar should not just close when I tap on the King.com icon. The other three icons for music, sound, and accessing the Help Center work fine.

I could try offloading the app. That supposedly removes the app but keeps its data but I'm afraid of losing my progress. I'm up to level 495 on my phone and only like 40 on my iPad.

While typing this I had another idea, which was to load Friends onto my phone to see if I could log in from that game. I downloaded it and tried to log into my King.com account. While it is letting me put in my username and password, the spinning icon (the throbber - I just Googled that and found it on Wikipedia) just spins and spins without logging me on.

I did think of one possible reason why I'm having a problem. My phone is managed by my company (I work for a very large one). I own the phone but they pay for the service and manage it so I can get on the corporate VPN and into our specific apps. Perhaps there's something about the configuration that they use that is preventing me from logging on. Note that I've never encountered this sort of a problem with any other app and that we are absolutely allowed to use the phone for personal things, like games.

• _Elsa_
    Options
    Let's try this.  Follow the steps on this link and let's see what happens.  

https://community.king.com/en/blog/discussion/234692/retrieving-your-game-on-an-apple-device

I'm here all day so when you write back I will be notified and come back here.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?