Reset of the Daily Login Calendar

Options

Comments

• Trx525
    Trx525 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    Xarly said:
    Hi everyone,

With yesterday's update (v.133) all progress on your Daily Login Calendar was reset to day 1. We apologise for the inconveniences that this might have caused.

The reason for this is because now, instead of storing the daily login calendar in your devices, it will be saved on our servers, reducing with this the possibility of losing any of your progress due to technical issues (as it was happening before).

We know that this means that you will lose something you actively worked on collecting every single day, but we had to do this in order to have a better system in the future for all of you and your daily login calendars.

You will still get rewards every day, you will just have to start again from day 1.

We understand that the situation is not ideal but I hope this gives you some insights regarding what happened with this update.

Thanks,
    Xarly
    Mine havent reset, they have totally disappeared!!!! Still not getting quests either. Really broken this game
  • bjbear
    bjbear Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    What a way to run a business.   Screw your customers, appologize and then forget about it.
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    Options
    ... With that being the case, you should have also made it so ALL users got the 30 minutes free lives with the reset from day 1 on to day 7...
    I think this would be a good idea. Being up in the thousand+ levels, its very difficult now to only have five lives to play with. @Xarly , can we get this to happen please?
  • gtws2469
    gtws2469 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Waited patiently for the last 3 days for getting my continuous logins to reset to 450+. There has been no attempt at compensation for being a valuable asset to this game, as I have played religiously for 3+ years, and this is the 3rd time I have lost my streak. I'm done. Behind the dark cloud, there is a silver lining- I can officially quit using Facebook- the only reason I created a facebook account was to play the Candy Crushes. Good riddance to Candy Crush, and Facebook- Jerks. 
  • qutsigal
    qutsigal Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I feel everyone's pain.  I was almost to 1000 days and now I get to start all over.  They should compensate us for what they did.
  • bjbear
    bjbear Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    Yes they should.  
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Some form of compensation would be nice, considering how impossible it is going to be to complete more than a couple of levels a day for a while (I'm nearing the 3000 mark and these levels are real killers!). I realize they thought this would be a positive change, but the levels are only getting harder as I go, and when I don't have those oh-so-critical boosters I can't really progress. Guess we will all have to wait and see.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi all,

I want to reiterate that your patience is key here. This was an issue that we did not expect and that we understand is creating a lot of frustration on you, our players. We have not forgotten, and we have not decided to move on. We are now investigating what caused this issue and then looking at the options. We need to find out, programming wise, what can and cannot be done before coming with a solution that will compensate the loss of your streaks, which we are well aware that it can be a very frustrating thing.

Please, stay respectful and give us some time while we narrow this down. As soon as we have updates, I will come and share them with you all.

Thanks for the patience and support.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Breesgal9
    Breesgal9 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    As this stands now, it is a horrible customer experience and will likely lead to a large number of negative reviews for the game. I am hopeful the issue will be resolved and our streaks restored.
  • Lilbittydizzy
    Lilbittydizzy Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Question - Why not remove the changes made to where you store the data? Revert everything back to the way it was? Isn't there a "testing" phase you all do to check these things before releasing them live to people? Especially this many people who have played the game for years ? 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?