Quests vs MTF which is best - discuss

NotMrHappy
NotMrHappy Posts: 29 Level 2
My vote goes for Quests, (not that Xarly and his team are bothered by the looks of things)

Comments

• marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    Hey @NotMrHappy. Thanks for opening up this discussion as it will give @Xarly insight into what everyone likes. I never had Mr. Toffees fair but I like the quests. You get lots of boosters. I have also noticed some new changes to where I'm receiving more boosters to help my game play. There are the quests, rainbow road, the packages, and just recently I noticed they now have videos to watch for extra boosters and moves. I also noticed yesterday while playing I received a turtle that clears candies once hes full. I feel like a lot of improvements and ideas have been implemented by @xarly and definitely feel heard 😊. Thanks for making this community so sweet and thanks for opening up this discussion @NotMrHappy  

• NotMrHappy
    Are you having a laugh, or are you being paid to write all that luvvy gushing stuff.  Xarly knows what we think he is just ignoring it.  
  • angelaj470
    angelaj470 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I want my quests back! Don’t like mr toffees fair at all. Prob won’t continue to play without the quests 
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    First I want to say that I think quests are WAY better for the player than the toffee fair. However, the fair is better for king and that’s why the players are being ignored. Between this platform and the app stores and Facebook, I have seen hundreds of reviews on the fair and they are all negative but we still have the fair and no quests. So NO, I don’t feel heard at all. King is doing what’s best for king and they could not care less what we want. If I haven’t made myself clear, quests are WAY better than toffee fair and I, like most others, would much rather have the quests than the fair. I don’t see myself playing much longer if the quests aren’t given back or a major change in the fair takes place. 
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    Are you having a laugh, or are you being paid to write all that luvvy gushing stuff.  Xarly knows what we think he is just ignoring it.  
    @Xarly does not ignore anything!  I have known him and worked with him for over 2 years and he never backs away or ignores messages.  I empathize with you and I totally understand your frustration but please try to put yourself in his shoes.  He reads the messages and he passes all this information along to the studio but that's all that he can do.  I'm sure that he lets them know how frustrated the players are but it's the studio that does these changes so please try to understand from someone else's point of view.
  • _Elsa_
    Hey @NotMrHappy. Thanks for opening up this discussion as it will give @Xarly insight into what everyone likes. I never had Mr. Toffees fair but I like the quests. You get lots of boosters. I have also noticed some new changes to where I'm receiving more boosters to help my game play. There are the quests, rainbow road, the packages, and just recently I noticed they now have videos to watch for extra boosters and moves. I also noticed yesterday while playing I received a turtle that clears candies once hes full. I feel like a lot of improvements and ideas have been implemented by @xarly and definitely feel heard 😊. Thanks for making this community so sweet and thanks for opening up this discussion @NotMrHappy  

I really enjoyed reading what you wrote here.  I love Rainbow Road but have Mr. Toffee's Fair so I don't have the quests right now.  That is cool that you are now working with our Sprinkle Turtle!  He is pretty cool.  How do you use him?  I find sometimes that if I feed him the cyan candy they all clear off the board and then I get another try at clearing another candy color.

• NotMrHappy
    Elsa said:
    @Xarly does not ignore anything!  I have known him and worked with him for over 2 years and he never backs away or ignores messages.  I empathize with you and I totally understand your frustration but please try to put yourself in his shoes.  He reads the messages and he passes all this information along to the studio but that's all that he can do.  I'm sure that he lets them know how frustrated the players are but it's the studio that does these changes so please try to understand from someone else's point of view.
    Elsa, many thanks for letting me know of, and the length of, your relationship with the elusive Mr Xarly.  Perhaps you could confirm that he is still around, as he seems to have gone a bit quiet and I for one am starting to get a tad concerned.  As you know, in the distant past he promised to update us with some news, but alas nothing has transpired and we still await with keen and eager anticipation.
    I wonder whether its "the studio" that has gagged him or even perhaps a fate worse than that has occured, I don't know, but I guess and fervently hope that you, having known him all this time, can shed some light in these dark and dismal times. For one that "...never backs away or ignores messages..." his silence, and apparant unwillingness to address his frustrated audience is worringing to saythe least.
    But on the other hand maybe he just doesn't care and is waiting for it all to die down and go away?

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    I’m new here but have been following the various threads about Mr. Traitor’s Farce for months and its abundantly clear that it has been a complete and utter failure since its inception.  

I’m one of the lucky ones that never received this “feature” and maintained the quests the whole time but i’ve kept up with various reviews and FB comments and -even to me who has no background in any type of marketing - can tell that it has been having an extremely detrimental effect on the game.  

The now-non-responsive-Xarly was in the past very vocal about listening to player input and “passing it along to the studio”, but where has he/she been the past couple weeks as complaints continue to pile up?

• _Elsa_
    Elsa, many thanks for letting me know of, and the length of, your relationship with the elusive Mr Xarly.  Perhaps you could confirm that he is still around, as he seems to have gone a bit quiet and I for one am starting to get a tad concerned.  As you know, in the distant past he promised to update us with some news, but alas nothing has transpired and we still await with keen and eager anticipation.
    I wonder whether its "the studio" that has gagged him or even perhaps a fate worse than that has occured, I don't know, but I guess and fervently hope that you, having known him all this time, can shed some light in these dark and dismal times. For one that "...never backs away or ignores messages..." his silence, and apparant unwillingness to address his frustrated audience is worringing to saythe least.
    But on the other hand maybe he just doesn't care and is waiting for it all to die down and go away?
    Yes he is still around.  The community managers are working on lots of things at the moment but he does come here to read what the players are saying.  He might not be able to update with some news because he doesn't have anything new to tell you.  It's frustrating when you, as community manager, speaks to the studio and shares the player's messages with them.  Since I am not in the office when information is exchanged I can't tell you what conversations they have but when he does get updates from the studio he does come here to let the players know.  He's just one of the middle guys, like me, who passes the word along to the studio but then it's beyond his control when he doesn't get an answer as to whether the studio will be making the changes or if and when the testing might be finished. 

I don't know if it's a gag from the studio.  I think it's more of he is not getting updates from the studio.  I'm sure that when he does speak to them he asks what's going on with this or that.  If they tell him "we're still working on it" or "we need to collect more data" then it has to be frustrating on his end that he doesn't have an answer for the players.  He is definitely not a person who doesn't care!  I don't think that he is waiting for it to die down because I can tell you, personally, from the messages that are posted here the players are just as frustrated and also want answers.  We all want answers so we all have our levels of frustration.

I am not privy to what's going on behind the scenes with regards to changes that might be going on with the game, nor do I think that @Xarly knows.  He was very excited when he found out about Mr. Toffee's Fair before it was released to the public and immediately he created a blog to let the players know about it.  Unfortunately, that event is not turning out well which you might have seen in his message where they are all complaining that they don't like the options and are very upset that all events have disappeared from the game.  Personally, I am also upset that the events are gone.  My favorite was the Rocket Race.  I created a video guide for beginners and it was posted in the discussions here in the community yesterday.  Here is the page on the Rocket Race.  It was a really fun race and I always picked the same team and they always won.  I can't remember now what the rewards were but it felt good being on a winning team.   I think it was taken off because it wasn't doing as well as what they expected.  This is just my guess on it but I do miss these types of events because the game is difficult for me and those rewards came in handy.

Sorry about writing such a long message.  It's now 419 AM where I live and I have been up for 5 hours already and my fingers just want to keep typing.  I will close it for now and please feel free to discuss any further questions or comments.

• _Elsa_
    I’m new here but have been following the various threads about Mr. Traitor’s Farce for months and its abundantly clear that it has been a complete and utter failure since its inception.  

I’m one of the lucky ones that never received this “feature” and maintained the quests the whole time but i’ve kept up with various reviews and FB comments and -even to me who has no background in any type of marketing - can tell that it has been having an extremely detrimental effect on the game.  

The now-non-responsive-Xarly was in the past very vocal about listening to player input and “passing it along to the studio”, but where has he/she been the past couple weeks as complaints continue to pile up?

Welcome to our community.  I was one of the players that did get Mr. Toffee's Fair and I played it the first week but the rewards weren't worth the effort.  It's a difficult game and some of the things that you needed to collect were impossible, especially if you get stuck on a level for days.  

@Xarly has been very busy behind the scenes looking towards the future of this game.  He probably saw the complaints but might not have had access to write everyone.  I have tagged him in this message and in my last message so perhaps on Monday he will pop in to say hi and maybe he will have an update for everyone. 

In the meantime, how are you enjoying the game?  Do you play any other King games?  I play all 4 Candy Crush games, Farm Heroes Saga and Blossom Blast.  I tried the bubble shooting games like Bubble Witch but I always come back to the match 3 games.  Please let me know which games you play.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?