Why did I lose all my boosters

Options
mbill
mbill Posts: 5 Level 2
I saved my info when I switched phones. It reverted to the level I was at, but I lost all my boosters. Can this be rectified?Also, why provide an email address where I can contact someone with this question only to be told to sign up for this and re ask that same question? Very frustrating 

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @mbill, sorry to hear that happened to you.  Unfortunately, all lives and boosters are saved to that one mobile device so any crashes, uninstalling the game or a game update can cause you to lose them.  They suggest that you don't accumulate them and use these rewards as you get them.  Since they are only saved to that device when you move to another device they can't be transferred. 

We are trying to improve our community here and it is always best to come here first to ask your questions. 
  • mbill
    Options
    So, theres a bug that the programers/developers cannot or will not fix and even though theres an option  for saving, the onus is on me for accumulating my boosters & not using them. Got it. 
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    Why is it a bug?  Perhaps because it can't be saved to their server and it's only saved to a device does it have to be a bug?
  • mbill
    Options
    Well, they can transfer the level you were last on,  the amount of gold bars you've collected and which day you're on as far as receiving your daily boosters & extra time.... I would consider this to be a glitch, or a bug, not something because of a particular device. 
    They should really take some accountability for this... the fact that that's not happening is the most irksome out of all of this... 
    It's fine though.... if you say it's not a bug, how can I say otherwise... it won't make any difference... I'm just wasting my time now. 
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    This is what the players are doing.  They are playing the game on the old device to use up their boosters and then when opening the game on the new device the progress will be there.  I didn't choose this to happen on a mobile device.  I am just the messenger.
  • mbill
    Options
    So, how do I contact someone who is more than just a messenger? 
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    Please do not call me a messenger because I do much more than just pass messages.  I will tag @Xarly who is the community manager for this game.  This information that I gave you is coming from the community manager but if you'd rather hear it from him then he will see the tag tomorrow and come to read the message.
  • mbill
    Options
    You said in your previous message, and I'll quote you..... 
    "I am just the messenger"
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    You are right that I did use that word.  But somehow it sounded a bit harsh when you repeated it.  From now on I will say that I am the Superstar who volunteers.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi both,

Thanks a lot @Elsa for the awesome support here!

I want to clear some things:

First, this is indeed not a bug but working as intended. Gold bars and lives are hosted by our servers, boosters are hosted per device. This means that a new device will not have that information (because it's hosted on the previous one).

This might not be ideal but we recommend using the boosters you have on your device before changing them. The reason why this is as it is is so that our players can play offline. The sacrifice that needed to be made for that is that boosters are hosted on your device. 

I understand that this might not be ideal but this is how it currently works (and the reasons are stated above).

Cheers,
    Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?