Help! I cannot play in landscape mode (test ended)

Comments

• thelmabass
    thelmabass Posts: 3 Newbie

Landscape mode stopped working for me today. It is not OK on an iPad. Testing? Really. Who does that in live mode?

• ArtySin
    ArtySin Posts: 14 Level 2

So when will this no landscape portrait only mode debacle be finished? Can someone please explain why this so called live test is necessary and what is it’s purpose?

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,689 Sweet Legend

Hello and welcome to this community

I will get more information. Please have some patience,

• Spinnifix

Hi!

I have an Android tablet and can play in both formats. As far as the arcade is concerned, only in portrait format. I know that and it's okay.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,016 Community Manager

Hi again!!

I can understand your frustration, and I hope I can give you some more news very soon.

The Studio is running a test, as you know, and that means the option to play in landscape mode may not be available for everybody at the moment.

We'll let you know once the test is over. ❤️

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences!

• Spinnifix
  • ArtySin
    ArtySin Posts: 14 Level 2

So what is the purpose of this test? Why does it have to be done live? Do you not use proper load testing software? I oversaw tests running 30million items at Heathrow Terminal 5 using HP Loadrunner and am completely at a loss to understand why this is being done in a live environment. Can somebody please explain the purpose of this test and why it can’t be done in a test environment.

• claire2505
    claire2505 Posts: 22 Level 2

I agree with artysin why are you running tests on a production environment? Surely you have a pre production environment for this purpose?

• Sandy_Baranowski
    Sandy_Baranowski Posts: 6 Level 2

I play CC Soda on an iPad pro and cannot play in portrait mode due to the change made last week. One post early in the string by Lolapop stated that the change is the result of the Studio running a test, then later in the string Lolapop said that Soda will not change back to landscape for game play. What is really going on? I love the game, play it regularly, and need to play in landscape as this is the way my iPad is set up.

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,976 Soda Moderator
    edited May 2020

Hello and welcome to the Community @Sandy_Baranowski You have to unlock the rotation:

How to enable rotation lock on iPad

1. Pull down Control Center from the top right.
    2. Make sure your iPad is in the orientation you'd like it to be locked in.
    3. Underneath the system functions (Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc)., tap on the rotation lock icon (padlock with a circular arrow around it).

Btw @Lola_Pop said :

The Studio is running a test, as you know, and that means the option to play in landscape mode may not be available for everybody at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?