Help! I cannot play in landscape mode (test ended)

Options

Comments

• josephine2498
    josephine2498 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

This sucks. I always play on my iPad. Will not be back until it is “fixed”. This was my fav game ever, but there are other games out there.

• zippy006
    zippy006 Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

Please return the landscape feature!

• stan1981
    stan1981 Posts: 3,418 Legend
    Options
  • Nelle
    Nelle Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Is the “test” purpose to discover how many users you can upset and irritate?

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,028 Community Manager
    Options

Hello!!

I'm really sorry about the frustration some of you may be experiencing. Please rest assured we're gathering this feedback and will forward it to the Studio- they are listening and willing to know what you think about this test, so please tell us more about your reasons to like or dislike playing in portrait mode.

I don't know when the experiment will finish, but I'll give you an update as soon as I have more information.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences, and please keep in mind the Studio needs these tests in order to improve the game for you all. 🤗

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,044 Soda Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hi @Lola_Pop

The studio needs to be aware that an iPad or tablet is a mobile device, but absolutely can't be compared to a phone! A tablet/iPad is heavier and larger than a phone, and can therefore be kept worse in portrait. Please make this clear to the studio! I also use the iPad myself and can't hold it properly in portrait due to my hands and wrists. (I use a case for the iPad which can only be used in landscape to stand, portrait is not supported.) I don’t use a PC or Laptop

• Nelle
    Nelle Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I play on the ipad at the table whilst having breakfast in the mornings. The ipad sits in landscape mode at a 45degree angle. The ipad case does not support this angle in portrait mode, and so has to lie flat on the table when in portrait mode. This places pressure on my neck to have to lean over the top and look down to see the screen, while I'm seated at the table.

However in an upright landscape mode, I look straight ahead to play, and no neck pain.

• LisaG1148
    LisaG1148 Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

Hi Lola_Pop. I use an iPad 100% of the time to play my games. It is in a case with a keyboard so when I play my games that are landscape, I can prop it up on my legs and play my games comfortably. I will play my landscape games multiple times a day but will NOT play my portrait games multiple times, let alone every day. There are MANY days that I don’t play the games because I do NOT like to hold my iPad up to play. My case sits horizontally, not vertical so I am forced to use my arms and wrists, which is tiring. This being said, I should not have to waste my time explaining to the studio why I do NOT like portrait. It should be enough for me to say I hate it. I should not have to justify it to them. Especially, when they did not respect me enough to ask my opinion to begin with. The studio should listen and make the change back immediately. They should be able to see that people are not playing the game and that should be enough justification to make the change back. They know what they did to make the change so it should not be difficult to move it back.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,028 Community Manager
    Options

Dear @Yosca , @Nelle and @LisaG1148 ,

Thanks a lot for the reasons you expose and the many details. I'm sure the team in the Studio will learn a lot from your comments and I hope I can give you some good news soon. ❤️

• Libby_Mason
    Libby_Mason Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

That is quite a big change you have made to the game and it has caused a big problem with how I play. I play every day and also buy gems etc quite often. You say you are testing something but how long does this take? I no longer play all the time now so can you PLEASE put the game back to how it was, or at least let us know how long this test going to take? Thank you

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?