[Ended]- National Dish Day 🥙

Comments

• betchiegrl29
    betchiegrl29 Posts: 9,370 Level 5

Hello @Yosca

thanks @Diamond Lim for the tag.

Sizzling SISIG, is a Filipino dish made from parts of a pig’s face and belly and chicken liver which os usually seasoned with calmansi, onions and chilli peppers. It originated from my province Pampanga. It is a staple Kapampangan cuisine, Yum ! Yum! Yum!

🧆

🥙

• fabke
    fabke Posts: 3,970 Pro Player 👑

@Yosca

We have a lot of national dishes:

Pork chops with potatoes, baked potatoes or mashed potatoes with vegetables, etc...

Chicory with ham and cheese baked in the oven

We Belgians say that we invented French fries, delicious in a cone with sour mayonnaise or other sauces with a lot of choices qua meat or seafood. We call it a chip shop to eat there or to take home.

Beef stew made with beer French fries is very known and salad

Vol-au-vent made from chicken and little meatballs with fries or croquettes

Mussels in the summer, made with wine, nature, garlic or celery.

We also eat eel in green.

Shrimp croquettes are also very well known and delicious where I live.

• arwen777
    arwen777 Posts: 1,394 Level 5

One of the most traditional meals in Greece is moussaka! It includes luscious layers of juicy beef or lamb mince cooked in a tomato based sauce, layered with delicious eggplants and potatoes, topped off with a creamy béchamel sauce and baked until perfectly golden! I absolutely recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet!

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,420 Friends Moderator

We have many typical dishes in Germany. This is beef roulade with potato dumplings and red cabbage.

Popular with tourists and locals alike is Berlin Currywurst with fries.

• LoveDachs
    LoveDachs Posts: 28,156 Level 5

Hiya @Yosca ,

Great discussion with one flaw...making us all so hungry. 🤣 Thanks for the opportunity to acquire another cool badge 😉 I hope this includes dessert, because we are so diverse here in the USA, it's very hard to come up with a dish that wasn't brought here and introduced in our culture. Sure I thought of turkey with all the fixings but then you mostly think of Thanksgiving, and of course hamburgers and french fries...but then it hit me. What do we always say...as American as...

I prefer mine still warm out of the oven with a dip...or two of vanilla ice cream. Pie A'la Mode. A little slice of Heaven.🤗

Thanks @Diamond Lim 💎💙 for tagging me. 💙

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,965 Soda Moderator

Hahaha yeah that Currywurst @DieOmimi My son loves it, and he wasn’t a tourist then 😉 The Aldi also sells it here (Or maybe that's because we don't live too far from the border)

• Nenikapaki
    Nenikapaki Posts: 31,657 Level 5

A Filipino celebration is not successful without this crispy lechon. A roasted pig.

Thanks for the tag @Diamond Lim

• Princess_Jessica
    Princess_Jessica Posts: 8,112 Jelly Moderator

In kentucky we have many traditional dishes my favorite is kilt lettuce and onions. We have family dinners every sunday and everyone cooks their own traditional plate and brings it so we have a variety of food but the best part is family

• istuff
    istuff Posts: 1,520 Pro Player 👑

Hello @Yosca I am going to go with a good old fashioned Hamburger...

Thanks for the tag @Diamond Lim

• janeau_owl
    janeau_owl Posts: 215 Pro Player 👑

Thanks for the badge @Yosca and the tag @Diamond Lim !

We had the world's first Michelin chicken rice in 2016 (but sadly they took the star back this year???)

But yep, chicken rice is the must eat thing here in Singapore!

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?