Bake a Cake Rewards

Options
PeterMuk
PeterMuk Posts: 11 Level 2

I am not receiving the correct rewards for Bake a Cake.

The only reward I receive is a single cake slice for the top layer of the second challenge. I do not receive any reward boosters for the first challenge nor do I receive any reward boosters for any of the layers on the second or third challenges apart from the single cake slice for the top layer on each.

I can see that other players are having the same issue and it has been outstanding now for several weeks. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled (and lost all of my boosters in the process) and that has made no difference.

I am playing on a Samsung S21 with the latest version of Android.

Best Answer

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello @PeterMuk and welcome to Soda community

There have been very few Soda players who reported about this so this issue is not well known unfortunately. They have not replied back when more details were asked to help the investigation so it has not moved forward.

I'm sorry to hear you this keeps happening but this means you can help us understand.

since I'm not sure as to what is being added to your inventory and what is not being added to your inventory at any point but it should (for example, by cake slice I intend each level passed and they're not supposed to give any reward), and this problem keeps happening each week, I kindly ask you to document this problem and take screenshots of

• your boosters inventory before your claim Bake a Cake rewards
    • which status of cake or type of cake you're at: the first, the second or the third cake
    • your boosters inventory after you claim Bake a Cake rewards

In case you need directions on how to take screenshots: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Also please send me your user ID number in your King account. check this guide on how to find your number

This way I'll be able send all the pictures highliting the problem to Soda Studio and no part will be left to interpretation and possible misunderstandings 🙂

thanks

• PeterMuk
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

My King ID is 9594360328

In this example I am on the second cake. I have attached screenshots of my progress, which also shows the current number of boosters. Before I completed the level which should give me two slices cake when completed, I had the following:- 23 cake slices, 27 lollipops, 21 striped lollipops and 47 hands - as shown in the screenshot. After I completed the two games at that level, the number of boosters was the same as before. The final screenshot shows the boosters available when I was playing the top level game (3 cake slices).

I hope this helps.

Pete

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hello @PeterMuk

thank you so much for sharing the pictures and details. I finally see what you're referring to.

From what I can see your game behaved as it should after completing that particular layer of the cake. My game works like this as well.🙂

The "cake slices" you're mentioning are individual pieces that together form a booster called "supersonic lolly" which is able to destroy 2 layers of blockers and spread jam all over the board too.

Once you collect 5 pieces from Bake a Cake event, you finally have 1 supersonic lolly ready to use. You won't have 5 supersonic lolly boosters from baking 1 big cake in Bake a Cake.

This is what the fully formed supersonic lolly looks like:

From this screenshot of yours we can determine you have 23 fully formed supersonic lollies plus 1 piece at the start. That one piece is visible because it has more color then the rest. But 4 more pieces are required to unlock the 24th supersonic lolly.

You completed the cake layer that contains level 13 and level 14. As a result you won 2 more pieces which are added to the one you already had in your inventory, so now you have 3 pieces but 2 more pieces are required to unlock the 24th fully formed supersonic lolly.

Your game successfully recorded the addition of 2 pieces as it's supposed to do.

I understand the disappointment but since this supersonic lolly is a very powerful booster, we players might not get to win it immediately in its complete form. In Bake a Cake we must collect its 5 pieces first and "build" it before using it.

(Though not every event works the same, in Batula's Treasure Hunt event you may win 1 o even 2 fully formed supersonic lollies per wonderball, if you manage to reach the very last evolution stage of wonderballs, they're called marvelous wonderballs)

Since in bake a cake there are 3 cakes in this order:

after 3 completed cakes, you should receive:

• 4 double delish fish (0+2+2)
    • 5 coloring candies (1+2+2)
    • 5 color bombs (1+2+2) it's the one dark booster with multicolored speckles on it
    • 1 lollipop hammer (1+0+0)
    • 2 fully formed supersonic lollies and 1 lone piece (1 + 2+3 + 2+3)

Hope this helps 🙂

did you notice anomalies in regard to the other boosters that are not supersonic lolly pieces?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

In any case I'll forward this thread to community manager as it serves as great feedback for Soda Studio if instructions in game events are incomplete or confusing 🙂

• PeterMuk
    Options

Hi Pitty_Kitty,

Thank you so much for that explanation. I understand how that works now. I misunderstood the mechanism before.

The only other question I have is - should I receive the reward boosters immediately when I complete each lower layer of the cake or do they only appear once the whole cake is complete?

Thanks.

Pete

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @PeterMuk you're welcome!

As for your question, you may claim rewards whenever you open Bake a Cake. Basically the only limit is to visit Bake a Cake before it ends every Thursday at 9 am CET otherwise you lose rewards of that week.

You claim rewards when:

• you're inside the event playing its levels and complete layers
    • you open the event after you receive the notification or notice that someone of your team played and a reward is ready in the bakery.
    • all 3 cakes are finished by your very fast teammates and you didn't contribute 😅. when you open the event, all rewards are sent to you one by one and you have to accept them one by one to keep the animation going. This is what happens to me many times because my teammates are very active and faster than me so they complete the event in few hours on Friday 😅
  • Pitty_Kitty
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you found my answers helpful, please consider to mark them as helpful as well 🤗

It'd be very much appreciated as other players with a similar issue will find it easier

thank you 😄

• PeterMuk
    Options

Hi @Pitty_Kitty

I don't think I am receiving boosters when I complete each lower level of the cake. The latest cake bake has closed now, as you described, but I will check this next time it opens.

Thanks again,

Pete

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

I see. Let me know how it goes tomorrow when Bake a Cake comes back, if pictures of inventory before and after claiming rewards show the same number of boosters. Also would like to know which kind of booster exactly, since we have discussed only about Supersonic Lolly and it 5 pieces so far 😃

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?